The Answer's Hydro Revelations

I got sidetracked last night with cleaning the flower room! It was a mess after the last harvest of 4 huge plants. I got my aero system set up and ready to go. Now I am going to start moving my new round of plants into 5 gal. buckets. Here are some clean flower room pics:

Canon_120.jpg

Canon_124.jpg

Canon_131.jpg

Canon_132.jpg

Nice Pics! :thumb:

Is that a Nextgen Ballast?

Yes it is a Nextgen and I love it! It is 400/600W switchable and MH/HPS compatible, so you have a ton of bulb options. To answer your earlier question, I do not run a separate reservoir for the buckets, they are all independent. It is a little more work, but I like it that way. In my opinion, it is much easier to perform a res change on a couple 5 gal buckets, rather than messing with a 40 or 55 gallon main reservoir.

Well I finally got the two plants transferred. The Killing Field and Killing Kush, now have there own 5 gallon DWC setups. I started them both off at 300 PPM(150 ppm Botanicare ProGrow and 150 ppm Cal-Mag). For Botanicare user's, I highly recommend "Weedhounds" feeding schedule. I can send it too you or just google search it. I cleaned out my cloner and it is ready to go. Tomorrow I am going to top both plants, so they get nice and bushy for cloning.

Killing Kush (front), Killing Field (back right), Wonder Woman and KF runt still in tub.Homemade fixture has over 450 watts off cfl's over top and another 170 from the side!!
Canon_147.jpg

This is my first time growing a Sativa dominant strain! I am very excited! I can already see the difference.
Canon_146.jpg

Canon_151.jpg

Aeroponics cloner(100% success rate with no powder or gels!)
Canon_148.jpg

Yes it is a Nextgen and I love it! It is 400/600W switchable and MH/HPS compatible, so you have a ton of bulb options. To answer your earlier question, I do not run a separate reservoir for the buckets, they are all independent. It is a little more work, but I like it that way. In my opinion, it is much easier to perform a res change on a couple 5 gal buckets, rather than messing with a 40 or 55 gallon main reservoir.

I like that ballast. I want to get one. Have you had to run it off of a 15 min delay switch incase of a power surge? (There was some debate about that a couple of months ago) Does it seems to give off much heat, noise, or RF interference?

How are your 5 gals set up? What is that a 10" net cup, 3 gals of water, 1 air stone?

Well I finally got the two plants transferred. The Killing Field and Killing Kush, now have there own 5 gallon DWC setups. I started them both off at 300 PPM(150 ppm Botanicare ProGrow and 150 ppm Cal-Mag). For Botanicare user's, I highly recommend "Weedhounds" feeding schedule. I can send it too you or just google search it. I cleaned out my cloner and it is ready to go. Tomorrow I am going to top both plants, so they get nice and bushy for cloning.

Killing Kush (front), Killing Field (back right), Wonder Woman and KF runt still in tub.Homemade fixture has over 450 watts off cfl's over top and another 170 from the side!!
Canon_147.jpg

This is my first time growing a Sativa dominant strain! I am very excited! I can already see the difference.
Canon_146.jpg

Canon_151.jpg

Aeroponics cloner(100% success rate with no powder or gels!)
Canon_148.jpg

Nice settup Answer but where's the stinckbud system my Bro, your bigger plants there look almost the same as what I am growing outside.

I like that ballast. I want to get one. Have you had to run it off of a 15 min delay switch incase of a power surge? (There was some debate about that a couple of months ago) Does it seems to give off much heat, noise, or RF interference?

How are your 5 gals set up? What is that a 10" net cup, 3 gals of water, 1 air stone?

No I don't have any surge protection right now!! It doesn't give off any heat, due to the two built in fans. Noise is little to none(only the fans can be heard) and I haven't had any interference issues. Overall I have been very pleased and I like it much better than my brothers Lumatek.

The 5 gal. buckets have 5" netcups, 3 gal. water each, and two airstones per bucket. They are all running off of a big air pump, with a six port manifold.
Bubble2_034.jpg

Nice settup Answer but where's the stinckbud system my Bro, your bigger plants there look almost the same as what I am growing outside.

The Killing Kush and Killing Field are my mother plants to feed the stink system. If you check the previous page of this thread you can see the flower room with the stink system setup and ready to go. I am just waiting to clone right now!

The Killing Kush and Killing Field are my mother plants to feed the stink system. If you check the previous page of this thread you can see the flower room with the stink system setup and ready to go. I am just waiting to clone right now!

I saw! nice Bro, Rep's+ to you, I'll be watching that I always liked the stinckbud system but want to see one in action, I am considering adding that to the room when I start the grow room up this winter.

No I don't have any surge protection right now!! It doesn't give off any heat, due to the two built in fans. Noise is little to none(only the fans can be heard) and I haven't had any interference issues. Overall I have been very pleased and I like it much better than my brothers Lumatek.

The 5 gal. buckets have 5" netcups, 3 gal. water each, and two airstones per bucket. They are all running off of a big air pump, with a six port manifold.
Bubble2_034.jpg

Nice setup, what size air pump? As far as the ballast, Thanks theanswer, I hope I will be happy with it too. I read a couple of guys had issues with them not restarting after a power fluxtuation unless they added the 15min delay switch. Sounds like it was one of the older models. I haven't heard anything bad about them since. Sould have mine soon. :peace:

Nice setup, what size air pump? As far as the ballast, Thanks theanswer, I hope I will be happy with it too. I read a couple of guys had issues with them not restarting after a power fluxtuation unless they added the 15min delay switch. Sounds like it was one of the older models. I haven't heard anything bad about them since. Sould have mine soon. :peace:

The air pump is a 20 watt that puts out 45L/min. . For comparison, most dual port air pumps put out around 6-8L/min.

Yeah, when they first released the Nextgen ballast, there were a few issues, but they have fixed those. It has a 5 year warranty and they are ALL made in China, so I just picked the one that best fit my needs.

The answer thanks for the nute schedule. Based on your expierience what do you find better as for plant growth and overall yield. Individual 5 gallon dwc buckets or stinkbuds system? I'm kind of having a decision on wich one I should go with. I just thought about doing my first grow with (1) stinkbud sr, (1) stinkbud jr, and (5) individual 5 gallon buckets to get a hands on feel for wich one is for me.

The answer thanks for the nute schedule. Based on your expierience what do you find better as for plant growth and overall yield. Individual 5 gallon dwc buckets or stinkbuds system? I'm kind of having a decision on wich one I should go with. I just thought about doing my first grow with (1) stinkbud sr, (1) stinkbud jr, and (5) individual 5 gallon buckets to get a hands on feel for wich one is for me.

I really like using a mix of systems. I use Deep Water Culture to start all my plants, then move them to there own 5 gal. DWC. I then use these for mother plants, to feed the stink system. I am still experimenting with the Stinkbud system myself. I have done one harvest from it so far and was very pleased with the system. That was with four poor quality clones. This round I am going to load it with 14 quality Killing Field/Kush clones and really see what it can do! I'm shootin for at least a pound!!!

I really like using a mix of systems. I use Deep Water Culture to start all my plants, then move them to there own 5 gal. DWC. I then use these for mother plants, to feed the stink system. I am still experimenting with the Stinkbud system myself. I have done one harvest from it so far and was very pleased with the system. That was with four poor quality clones. This round I am going to load it with 14 quality Killing Field/Kush clones and really see what it can do! I'm shootin for at least a pound!!!

Oh when you load those 14 Killing Field/Kush clones into the stink bud system you got to keep me posted when you do so?

Looking good my brother. I am buying my gear and building on Tuesday. I am ready to stink it up. :peace:

I'm in for that! I wanna see a pound at least! :)

Back
Top Bottom