The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

The wife is not a star struck person - she doesn't hero worship - but she has a fantasy of sitting on the deck with Willie and Snoop Dog listening to them bullshit as they smoke her under the table. She'd hold her own - for awhile. Plus, she has a way with musicians. Music is in her blood.

My claim to fame is that I saw the Beatles live.....gawd, I was a baby....can't believe my parents let me go at such a young age....but music is in my blood as well....haven't met anyone in my life that saw them....

I rode in an elevator in Vegas (Caesar's Palace) with Willie and saw him with the Highwaymen (Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson) front row that night....terrific...

My claim to fame is that I saw the Beatles live.....gawd, I was a baby....can't believe my parents let me go at such a young age....but music is in my blood as well....haven't met anyone in my life that saw them....

I rode on an elevator in Vegas with Willie and saw him with the Highwaymen that night....terrific...

My Pops, one of the hardcore fans of Country Western music, loved the Beetles.
Whenever one of their songs came on, he would try to adapt an English accent and "Beetles" came out sounding as "Bait-tulls". It sounded and looked so funny coming out of someone who anyone would guess to be Charles Bronson's twin brother in looks and mannerisms. :laugh:

How nice a memory that is for you, Shawnee! Did you get any pictures?

:circle-of-love:

No pictures, Canna, but that day changed my life forever...I was 12 years old, saw them from the balcony in Olympia Stadium in downtown Detroit, which has since been torn down, the screaming was loud as hell, you couldn't hear them sing, but Paul turned and looked right at me.....how cool was that for a 12 year old...? My first crush.....

420-magazine-mobile879837876.jpg

After this last fall and winter, I can not wait till I can look out my window and see such beautiful colors:thumb:

Our daffodils are in full bloom. Our tulips are just leaves. Both type of bulbs were planted last fall.

Guage Steel,
When were these tulips planted?
Last fall. Got them at Lowes!
Crazy!
Guage

Lovely Radogast. I love the accent on Dandelion. :laugh: Thanks for telling us what the Creeping Charlie/Jenny is, I have that stuff "creeping" all over the place and never knew what to call it. It's hard to control here. :thanks:

We hit 70 yesterday here, and overnight I had to take two blankets off the bed. YEY

Today is supposed to be awesome as well, the rain just stopped.

:circle-of-love:

Most people hate Creeping Charlie. I hate lawns. Almost any ground cover that can replace a lawn is a better plant.

Creeping Charlie is a bit inconsistent in the quality of pollen for bees and butterflies, so I prefer White Clover and violets. It's one of those plants I casually remove but don't try to eradicate.

I'm planning to add self-heal and other little native (weed) ground covers in a rain garden this spring. I need to do some terraforming and put in the major plants first.

Well we had some nice heavy rain last night which makes horses a little frisky sometimes. Went to lope of my gelding in the left lead and the rodeo was on. Ended up going head over heals and landing on my back. No broken bones but my ribs are killing me hard on my breathing. Hope everyone has a better day than mine lol.

I spent several minutes today watching a falcon bathe in a rain puddle next door (where the driveway meets the street.) The falcon ignored traffic and was bathing for about 20 minutes while we stood on the porch and watched, then it flew into our tree and preened before flying away.

I think it was a Peregrine Falcon, but I need new glasses and didn't find the binoculars. It also looked like it could be a Merlin, but didn't fly like one.

My phone pictures sucked, but I got a decent video with my phone. I don't have a youtube account or other place I post videos, so I guess you'll take my word for it :)

Back
Top Bottom