DSC074553.JPG
DSC074561.JPG
DSC074572.JPG
DSC074581.JPG
DSC074592.JPG
DSC074602.JPG
DSC074611.JPG
DSC074621.JPG

The yellow/white rose looks like a 'Knockout.' I have the same one. I am going to have to beg some Hyacinth bean vine seeds when they ripen up because mine died of heat and drought. I forgot I planted it on the back fence and it didn't get enough water.

The blue flower is a wild chickory. It's always been one of my favorite wildflowers.

I found the most curious creature yesterday, it's called a "Cotton Bug" or Debris carrier by some. The one I found was just over a quarter inch big. First pic is from the net for close up of the bug under the cotton stuff, second pic is mine. These are very very fast bugs, took forever to get a shot even halfway focused. LOL

Cottonbug_1.jpg

cottonbug2.jpg

BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL Dennise! Those roses just bring a wonderful feeling of calm for me.

Do you know what the blue flowers are called? I have some of those here and I think I would like more if I could get a name for them.
I believe they are called Bonnie Blue Bells. they grow wild in the fields all around here and are beautiful thistle weed things.... I just planted that rose bush this year and I think those are about the most beautiful roses I have ever seen. They are absolutely perfect.......:circle-of-love:

The yellow/white rose looks like a 'Knockout.' I have the same one. I am going to have to beg some Hyacinth bean vine seeds when they ripen up because mine died of heat and drought. I forgot I planted it on the back fence and it didn't get enough water.

The blue flower is a wild chickory. It's always been one of my favorite wildflowers.

My fellas sister told me that they were called Bonnie Blue Bells and she is an idiot so I am sure you are right and they are beautiful and are just everywhere here on both side fields of the house.... The yellow rose is a Knock out rose and they smell better than any rose I have ever had too..... If you tell me how to dry the seeds and what not I will gladly send them to ya... I'm talking about Bean Vine seeds Rico...:).....:circle-of-love:

I found the most curious creature yesterday, it's called a "Cotton Bug" or Debris carrier by some. The one I found was just over a quarter inch big. First pic is from the net for close up of the bug under the cotton stuff, second pic is mine. These are very very fast bugs, took forever to get a shot even halfway focused. LOL

Cottonbug_1.jpg

cottonbug2.jpg

I can't believe it!!! This is the first bug I found on my AK flux girl and I freaked and they are so friggin' fast it is almost impossible to catch one but they do not like neem oil at all. Garden was the only one that was finally able to tell me what it was but it was kinda freaky looking with all the cotton stuff and I really didn't like it on my girl......:circle-of-love:

My fellas sister told me that they were called Bonnie Blue Bells and she is an idiot so I am sure you are right and they are beautiful and are just everywhere here on both side fields of the house.... The yellow rose is a Knock out rose and they smell better than any rose I have ever had too..... If you tell me how to dry the seeds and what not I will gladly send them to ya... I'm talking about Bean Vine seeds Rico...:).....:circle-of-love:

:laugh:

Thanks Dennise, I'm going to look up both names of the flower. Maybe I will come up with another one I just have to have! LOL

I don't remember telling you about that insect, but if you say so I believe you! If you do a search on chickory and click the image tab on Google you will find the flower is chickory. It can have many, many common names, so it's possible they call it Bonnie Blue Bells in your neck of the woods.

That's why I usually rattle off Latin names or scientific names so I know what people are talking about. I just got used to it over the years. When you use the scientific name for a plant, is it ONLY that plant and cannot be mistaken by a common name which may mean a different plant in another neighborhood of the world.

Cichorium intybus

common name: Chickory

I removed six rows that were on my land in Hungary, each approx. 100 ft long and they are still trying to come back. About the only way to remove them is dig up the root and sprinkle some salt on the soil. Since I live in wine country, in the fall, I just have to stop by any vineyard and get a few bundles. Course, best not to let the farmer see you, lol! There are so many types of grapes, I had no idea till I moved here, I just thought a grape was a grape, lol! God Bless All!

Back
Top Bottom