The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

All cloudy here :( no moon to be had, perhaps better luck 2033 :winkyface:

Sun up this morning though and a sparkle caught my eye...

Water globules floating in the air :) (never could catch the real sparkle as seen by the eye)

dropplets_in_spiderweb1.JPG

Aggregated dew drops in spiderweb under the "shoe-scraper grid" up to my porch :laughtwo:

Dropplets_in_spiderweb2.JPG
Wow, nice photo!

All cloudy here :( no moon to be had, perhaps better luck 2033 :winkyface:

Sun up this morning though and a sparkle caught my eye...

Water globules floating in the air :) (never could catch the real sparkle as seen by the eye)

dropplets_in_spiderweb1.JPG

Aggregated dew drops in spiderweb under the "shoe-scraper grid" up to my porch :laughtwo:

Dropplets_in_spiderweb2.JPG

I think you win the prize for most interesting thing I've come across in these pages of wonder. That was delightful OMe. Big hug! :hug:

That was hard to choose over Smokey's incredible moon shots that won't be repeated until 2033. Well done. The narration took it over the top.

Your pictures were fabulous Smokey. I said it was a hard choice. :battingeyelashes:

Absolutely stunning Smokey! That 2nd picture of the blood moon has a shadow that looks like a huge planet behind it at first glance.
Awesome effect, whatever it is.
Thank you so much!
+reps our friend. :)

I'm not sure of the proper term but, I believe it was due to needing the aperture open longer in order to get the blood moon shots. It was tricky, specially in a hammock when the lens stays open for a few seconds.. :)

Nice Smokie! I had a spectacular view of the whole thing but no camera equipment capable of capturing it. I got to see the big bright moon set over the mountains to the west of where I was just as the sun was rising too. I woke up at 4:00 a.m and the moon was so bright it was possible to sit outside and read a magazine with no light on.

Uh ya, with those mountains, I could just look out into nothing for awhile! Beautiful! I did not see the super moon though, didn't realize it would have been.

I think you win the prize for most interesting thing I've come across in these pages of wonder. That was delightful OMe. Big hug! :hug:

That was hard to choose over Smokey's incredible moon shots that won't be repeated until 2033. Well done. The narration took it over the top.

Your pictures were fabulous Smokey. I said it was a hard choice. :battingeyelashes:

So your saying my moon has no legs to stand on! :laughtwo:

I'm not sure of the proper term but, I believe it was due to needing the aperture open longer in order to get the blood moon shots. It was tricky, specially in a hammock when the lens stays open for a few seconds.. :)

Uh ya, with those mountains, I could just look out into nothing for awhile! Beautiful! I did not see the super moon though, didn't realize it would have been.

So your saying my moon has no legs to stand on! :laughtwo:

Ahh....you did it the "old fashioned" way.
Back years ago (maybe the one previous to this?) I sat on the roof of my two story house with my Pentax K1000 SLR and a zoom lens, on a tripod with a shutter trip cord. Without advancing the film, and the shutter open, I would take a shot and place the lens cap back on, then wait about a half hour and take another shot and repeat the process. What I would up with when I developed the pictures is the moon in 4 or 5 stages on the same frame. It turned out pretty cool.
I don't believe the negatives were saved during all of my moving and one basement flood later, but I did see one of the photographs around here recently.
If I run into it again, I'll take a pic of the photo and post it here.

Beautiful job Smokey!

Single frame time lapses are cool. As a younger photog I did negative exposure time lapse like you did, and also messed with creating one print from multiple negatives using vignette techniques.

:thumb:

OH! Vignetting was so much fun! I so miss my darkroom. :-( I worked mostly with black and white and had a very old huge and heavy enlarger. Sure wish I had it now.
My son probably doesn't, he was my victim when I was experimenting with multiple exposures. LOL
So rewarding to see the final result hanging there to dry.

So you completely understand that it isn't "taking a shot", it's just exposing the film for a few seconds. ;-)

:circle-of-love:

Ahh....you did it the "old fashioned" way.
Back years ago (maybe the one previous to this?) I sat on the roof of my two story house with my Pentax K1000 SLR and a zoom lens, on a tripod with a shutter trip cord. Without advancing the film, and the shutter open, I would take a shot and place the lens cap back on, then wait about a half hour and take another shot and repeat the process. What I would up with when I developed the pictures is the moon in 4 or 5 stages on the same frame. It turned out pretty cool.
I don't believe the negatives were saved during all of my moving and one basement flood later, but I did see one of the photographs around here recently.
If I run into it again, I'll take a pic of the photo and post it here.

Beautiful job Smokey!

I have a tripod I just never use it I guess. That sound interesting though and maybe I should start messing with it a little more, sounds like some neat effects. Lol, maybe I should have got into developing. Not pro cameras but anything I ever had that had film, I never developed any of them. I have tons of disposables from like 20+ years ago! I might be afraid to develop them if they even did, lol... :)

Thanks Canna! :)

I have a tripod I just never use it I guess. That sound interesting though and maybe I should start messing with it a little more, sounds like some neat effects. Lol, maybe I should have got into developing. Not pro cameras but anything I ever had that had film, I never developed any of them. I have tons of disposables from like 20+ years ago! I might be afraid to develop them if they even did, lol... :)

Thanks Canna! :)

Due to the digital age, developers and darkroom supplies are getting harder to find and in my area the only place that you can still get it the prices are outrageous. I didn't do a lot of color developing/manipulation in the darkroom mostly due to the expense of color processing materials and the processing itself has zero forgiveness for error. Black and White had some slight margins for error. :)
Color enlargers were expensive too, if I recall.

You're going to cause me to look into this.....I fear. LOL

I have several of Ansel Adams' works hanging on my wall, had them for years and used his work as inspiration. His original 4x5 view camera is said to be worth upwards of $300,000.00!

Always wanted a 4x5 large format camera.....I wonder is Hasselblad is under the milllion dollar range by now. :laughtwo:

Due to the digital age, developers and darkroom supplies are getting harder to find and in my area the only place that you can still get it the prices are outrageous. I didn't do a lot of color developing/manipulation in the darkroom mostly due to the expense of color processing materials and the processing itself has zero forgiveness for error. Black and White had some slight margins for error. :)
Color enlargers were expensive too, if I recall.

Hard to find in all areas. LA and NY still have concentrations of gear, for obvious reasons.

I started with B&W too. Definitely more forgiving. I had the benefit of a HS darkroom as well as an aunt that had enlargers.

Hmmm. I don't recall if my first pentax made it this last move. Had the body, 2 lens', shutter release cable, filters and a range of B&W and Color ISO's from 100 to 1000.

Hmmmm......:hmmmm:

Ah memories, all of my old darkroom equipment is neatly packed away in boxes in the attic. Has been that way for 20 odd years. Never could get rid of the stuff, mostly under the pretense of "one day..." :dreamy:

Well, maybe one day... :goof:

"One day" is now one day closer. Maybe "one day" has arrived and that's why you're thinking about it.

Ah memories, all of my old darkroom equipment is neatly packed away in boxes in the attic. Has been that way for 20 odd years. Never could get rid of the stuff, mostly under the pretense of "one day..." :dreamy:

Well, maybe one day... :goof:

And maybe one day I'll walk into a store and see film again. :laughtwo:

Add "It will be worth something" to "one day".....

I know. Call up American Pickers!

Yea, we'll just leave the film in the cameras. :)

I googled Ansel really quick to get a bio, love the quotes they have listed on top! :)

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." - Ansel Adams
"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." - Ansel Adams

I hope everyone is doing well. :circle-of-love:

I was outside for a bit this morning and grabbed a couple pictures.

The last of my tea roses are blooming. It's good to see on a cold wet morning.

10-6_2.jpg

The time of year for Fungus Among Us. I loved the freshness and color of this variety coming off the dead wood:

10-6_1.jpg

The spiders are still around, this one is guarding my outdoor plant. I was happy to get the drop line shining in the sun with it:

jumper_2.jpg

And the last of the grapes are calling my name. Last year I had one single clump of grapes, this year there were several. YEY!

10-6_3.jpg

Mostly yellows right now. Some bright reds. I'm about 10-15 days from peak colors here.

The squirrels are very active lately. Yanking nuts, sampling, dropping them. You should hear my chicken coop roof. Sounds like it gets smacked with a golf ball every few minutes. Turkeys have been running around all over. And it's been cool enough that I've seen our deer out and about.

Last night I took pics of an owl that landed on my power line right next to my MH security light. I managed to frame in a way to block the light I was looking directly at, but still capture the owl. Will have it up in the next 24.

Come on tents and lights. Fall is here and Papa's gonna be bored after final outdoor harvest.

The last 2 days, driving 15 miles through the woods to the hospital, the views have been SPECTACULAR.
Rocks in a cove on a lake with fall colors behind.
Two different town scarecrow displays.
Crows among the reds of the trees.

--all pictures while driving failed. :(

Today it is raining, so I just took snapshots from the porches.

Mushrooms beside the front porch

20151008_152631-1.jpg

20151008_152648-1.jpg

Leaves changing in the back yard

20151009_144505-1.jpg

20151009_144512.jpg

DSCN05588.JPG

I got to watch this owl come and go a couple times the other night. The last time it let me witness it grabbing a mouse or something. It swooped down, did a fast flutter/hover over the target, then was off to a nest.

Hard picture to get. A dark subject at night very close to a bright light source. No tripod :blushsmile:

Heirloom,

What a great pic! Owls are like Hawks to me, they have such a majestic stature to them and they swoop so quietly. I just love the green glow around it, that really adds a nice spooky element to the picture. ;-)

And maybe it's just that I'm feeling the Halloween spirit, there is a shadow on the pole that looks like a black cat coming down with his front feet resting on the power ties looking straight at the owl.

Very nice picture and +reps for capturing it, I know how hard that is!

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom