The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)

Re: Te butchers slaughter (breeding journal)

Hey butcher, interesting plans you have going here. Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you save that pollen and paint a few branches as you mentioned above? You would still see each (female) plant develop with the phenotypic differences, and you would still give yourself nearly 4 plants' worth of smoke instead of 4 plants worth of more seed than you could use or store in a lifetime?
Anyway I'm sure you've got your plans for a reason, just thought I'd ask. +rep for your impressive ambition man.

The reason for me wanting to seed the whole plant, is that each cross will give different phenos until the cross is stablized. And I need to see exactly what the cross has to offer by germinating and flowering an assortment of seeds from each cross all at once. Therefore a big seed stock is needed in order to get the ideal genetics. I will be collecting pollen and let the plants natrually do their own thing. Plus the upside is that when it comes time to flower i dont have to get them huge in order to get what i want. Once they get to a size that will fit my needs, at that point i will flower them.

Gday Butcher - Great advice from Munki, but I thought I would let you know that when I am breeding I take clones from the males as well that I want to keep and find this helps speed up the crossing and backcrossing of a particular trait I am after.

Couldnt agree with you more. I am planning on taking male clones and setting them in their own section without any females. My current male is dropping pollen, I really feel that it dropping it so soon because it does sence flowering females. But hey I could be wrong it just may be their time to drop pollen.

If you have the room(s), then this is the best way to go.

I'll be doing both your way MUNKI and DGH's. There both exactly what is needed to be done in order to always have that particular pollen available.

THanx to all for the info and help. Its what i need in order to get the job done right. Sometimes you get stuck in the preverbial box, and you just need those people willing to help think outside it to voice their oppinion. SO THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP!!! +reps to all:goodjob:

ok butcher, i have a question...

when is the best time to polinate your females?

I suggest starting at the 3rd-4th of flowering. You figure the first 2 weeks of flowering is the stretch.the next two is when the flowering sights become distinct. Thats when I pollenate. In this situation that I have here I'm letting them natrually become seeded. However I have collected Pollen and put it on my flowering plants just a week or two ago, so we'll have to just wait and see what happens. Stay tunned i will update with picts tonight if not tomarrow.

awesome man!

I'm pretty happy with the little room for the girls.I'll be flowering here soon withtin the next couple weeks. I'm not trying to have monster seeded plants. Just want to use them for seeds, so it will really start to progress with in the next few weeks.

yeah, you don't really need big plants. unless you want like a 1000 seeds. haha.

the more seeds the better. But I gotta be realistic with this project. My goal is by 2011 the strains should be stable. And ready for the test grows. More then likely I'll find a cross sooner that the way it always goes. But obviously that cut will be clone only, so there will only be a few people who will have acess to that. Thats why i need to make sure the crosses are stable first.

how far are you going to cross them for stabilization? F3, etc? i'm new to this breeding thing, so i'll be asking questions. :)

feel free to drop in to my buds and breeding journal and have a look. it's just getting started, but i see great things in the future..

Yeah I'm going to check on your page right after this message. And ask away. Its always better to ask then to assume, right? Thats cool we can feed off each others journal. I've been breeding off and on for years. But now I would really like to get serious about getting strains and taking them to the next level. AS far as stablizing, I plan on going until I have exactly what I'm looking for.

I plan on going until I have exactly what I'm looking for.

damn straight. thats the attitude i like to see. haha:goodjob:

definately man. big ups from the great white north. haha.

we had a rank winter last year and pretty crappy weather all summer, but next year is looking better. come visit. haha

my wife and I are trying to plan a trip up there. Hopefully this next summer. I want to spend at least a couple weeks up there. Got friends throughout, so W'll be up there for some time. Shooting for at least a couple weeks. Will have to be taking planes from coast to coast a couple times, but its well worth it.

i want to go up north near the winter solstice, yeah it'll be cold as hell, but I want to see some strong northern lights.

saw some when I was up north in sweden a few years back, but the effects were weak because it was mid-summer. it was cool, but i want to see them when they make the sky look like flowing water.

I've seen them a few times. And I tell you its something that will never get old. Never thought in my life I would see the sky light up like that. But I really like going out there in the summer. A few years back A bunch of went camping for a couple weeks and ran across a couple gardens (looked, but made sure no one touched [that way no bad karma got passed our way]) They were monsters. Canadians can grow some outdoors, thats forsure!!

Thanx blaze!! I'm still a student. No matter how long I've been doing this I always learn something new. The best feeling is when someone new to the game, who's seeing out the box teaches you something that I didnt notice cause I've spent so much time within the box.

Thanx blaze!! I'm still a student. No matter how long I've been doing this I always learn something new. The best feeling is when someone new to the game, who's seeing out the box teaches you something that I didnt notice cause I've spent so much time within the box.

So you have been spending too much time in the box, eh? I thought it was a closet! :laughtwo:

:sorry::eek:fftopic: but I couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom