The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box

:cheesygrinsmiley: BCBUDD! Long time no see, Bruh-man! How's it up there?

Thanks for the compliment. Test 2 is nearing completion, and test three is due to start ~05-21-2012

Second Test Run - Updated 05-07-2012
Third Test Run - Updated 05-07-2012

Still busy as all get out. Got 21 going in 2 litres. Round 3 in the rockwool is much better than that last disaster. Bout 2 more weeks there.
Once thats done then the real fun begins. Gonna use the tray for the 2l and try to get 24 going every 10 days or so. Timing should be bout right with the end of renos so will have a bit more time for a proper journal. End of may should be up n running.:peace:

Still busy as all get out. Got 21 going in 2 litres. Round 3 in the rockwool is much better than that last disaster. Bout 2 more weeks there.
Once thats done then the real fun begins. Gonna use the tray for the 2l and try to get 24 going every 10 days or so. Timing should be bout right with the end of renos so will have a bit more time for a proper journal. End of may should be up n running.:peace:

FHak, yeah, dude! You know I'm subbed, so I'll see when you start.

HARVEST DAY!!

Alrighty folks! Harvested 5-18-2012 and there is quite a bit. I got up early after getting home late 05-17-2012 and opened the doors. I must have had a power failure while out camping because all of the smaller fan leaves on the GDP were wilted or dead. Max temp was 89F even with the lights off, and the RH had dropped to below 20%. The other plants still looked okay, though. I was so tired after camping that I forgot to take pics of the harvest!! Oh well, I'll have a "Dry Weight" in a couple of days. There were some really big nugs on the Blue Diesel, and a lot of popcorn in the GDP as I had expected. GDP was sticky as hell, though and the little GFB's were as dense as the first pigmies I harvested of that strain. Everything is drying as we speak and we should have the grow results in two days. Stay tuned. Sorry no pics.

Our test of all the strains while camping was a swimming success, and I have VERY 'high' hopes for this harvest. We shall see how things are, when the stems snap.

I think that GDP (ScrOG) will deliver more hash material because of the fluffy undergrowth, but there were several nice buds at the top of the plant that should give some nice solid smoke.

The GFB (Pigmy) ended with a nice 18% amber trich count, just enough to be a sleep aide as well as a good headache med for me.

The Blue Diesel (LST) is by far the best of this harvest. There were 2 buds that just went absolutely crazy with growth that were as long as my hand and almost as wide, and felt to be a 1/4oz by themselves after the dry is complete. There was also some popcorn on the smaller stems, so hash material there, as well.

Final dry update in 2 days, and matrix to follow later.

Trimmed the GDP today. With the Dehydration sometime while I was gone she was ready. The Blue Diesel and the GFB are not ready yet.

Total was 35.5g (1.27oz) but here's the kicker. ScrOG is NOT the style for this box, because 16.2g of that 1.27oz was TRIM and buds too small to really smoke. Only got 19.3g of true bud, the rest will be made into hash.

The good part is though, that is is very nice bud, although a little small, and already has that signature "purple" smell.
IMG_20120520_074051.jpg

IMG_20120520_074323.jpg

Test2_GDP_Close-up.jpg

Today is reset day. Test 2 just finished, and is harvested, so I broke the box down to give it a thorough cleaning. Everything plastic is in bleach sanitizer as we speak. I shall pull it here in a few minutes and set everything back up. We will be ready for tomorrow's big start to this long-awaited project, despite the setbacks suffered.

And that's why everything, every last little thing,
every single tiny microscopic little thing must go...

According to plan

Hehe, I love that movie.

Took a helluva lot of clones today to make up for the loss last week, 36 in all.
IMG_20120520_133645.jpg
15 x Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-C - GFB
07 x Lamb's Bread Clone-C - LamBrd
13 x Plush Berry Kush Clone-C - PBK
01 x Purple Widow Clone-C - PW

I will say to you, What you've said to me! :thumb:

19.3g of good buds has to be a great feeling....since much went wrong and that was out of your control. :high-five:

Got the new army of clones to fight the next battle. This one you will win big time!:cheesygrinsmiley:

I will say to you, What you've said to me! :thumb:

19.3g of good buds has to be a great feeling....since much went wrong and that was out of your control. :high-five:

Got the new army of clones to fight the next battle. This one you will win big time!:cheesygrinsmiley:

hehehe! Thanks for that!
thumb.gif

19.3g of bud and 16.2g of hash-trash is not a good ratio, though. I did learn that ScrOG is not the style for this current setup. I *was* surprised to learn that LST would work very well in this setup, though, so that may be a project for the future.
high-five.gif

All-in-all I learned a bit about this box and that gives me the knowledge I need to win the next battle! And yes, I will win this one big time!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Your encouragement is priceless.

hehehe! Thanks for that!
thumb.gif

19.3g of bud and 16.2g of hash-trash is not a good ratio, though. I did learn that ScrOG is not the style for this current setup. I *was* surprised to learn that LST would work very well in this setup, though, so that may be a project for the future.
high-five.gif

All-in-all I learned a bit about this box and that gives me the knowledge I need to win the next battle! And yes, I will win this one big time!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Your encouragement is priceless.

Sorry..couldn't resist. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's what you are doing...trying for the best set up yet. A few potholes in the road, not anything you can't work out and improve. LST in the future sounds good too!
:bravo: and :peace:

According to plan...

I have placed the 8 remaining clones into the flower box.

IMG_20120521_085615.jpg

Not according to plan...

They will remain on the veg cycle in order to let them fully recover before flipping to flower. Also, only water for today and tomorrow, up to 1/4 nutes for 2 days, 1/2 nutes for 2 days, check for burning. If no burning, 3/4 nutes for 2 days, then up to Crazy Growth. 1 week later, Transition, then up to Bloom for 2 weeks. Monster Bloom from that point after.

So that means:

• Water only 2 days
  • Seedling 2 days
  • Veg1 2 days
  • Veg2 2 days
  • Crazy Growth 1 week
  • FLIP TO BLOOM
  • Transition 1 week
  • Bloom 2 weeks
  • Monster Bloom 'til harvest.

feed%20schedule%20hydro%20lblue.jpg

With the above starting 2 weeks late, it is okay. I will still put Phase 2 in on time, 06-25-2012. That should give the clones rooting right now 4 weeks to veg for phase 2 and 9 weeks for phase 3. The seedlings should be ready in 13 weeks from germ.

IMG_20120521_095810.jpg

2 of which are showing taproot today.

IMG_20120521_095737.jpg

So I placed them in the rockwool cubes...

IMG_20120521_114653.jpg

And put them in a seed-loving environment.

IMG_20120521_114723.jpg

So if all goes well, we should have 10 little babies to add to our collection.

GDP Smoke Report: Quick Dry

Nice, smooth, easy inhale. Still a bit green but already has strong, classic, GDP flavor. Bit of a creeper effect so I doubt the "Ken's Cut" lineage. Medium strength and you don't notice it's effect until you realize you've zoned on something for 15min. Nice couchlock, although that's not my bag.

Overall QUICK DRY rating: 5/10

Will improve with a proper cure.

Sorry Jandre2k3, what i should ov said is how great it is that your running a perpetual grow and other tests and i say this because i see on most of the other feeding schedules that they say veg/seeds 2wks then veg for a further 2wks then 12/12 ,Yes i no your schedule is longer too. But your only going to veg for a day over 2wks! So it will be really nice to see how this grow turns out in terms of yield/quality as i always wanted to run the veg for shorter periods but was scared they're under developed properly or is this just enough time for the pre-flowers to appear. Now on my schedule it's says to veg seedlingds/clones 2wks then flip to Bloom, so i'm really looking forward to this m8 and have high hopes for ya. All the best and keep em green.:peace:

Ah, but, you missed something. These plants have vegged for longer than you think! They were originally in my Kindergarten, and there were much more. But tragedy struck one day, and I suffered a huge loss. I am now down to 8 plants from an original 32, and those were supposed to be for two separate phases of this grow. I have now combined the survivors, and am vegging them for 2 weeks to help them recover from dehydration before I force them to produce flowers. I'm not expecting a whole lot from this first phase as these plants have been severely stressed, but at least they should yield something. Phases 2 and 3 should be better runs.

VEG TIMES:
39.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
39.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
39.9 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
39.9 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
39.9 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
64.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
64.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
64.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies- Clone - GFB

Clones running root now for phases 2 and 3 (36 in all):
2.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-C - GFB
2.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-C - GFB