The dreadful 3 week into flower yellow!

Nice plants - and let's get @MrFrosty 's plants healed before we go out and buy a new line of nutrients ;)
The yellow makes me cringe. I just recently discovered that if I throw a plant that has any type of deficiencies (yellowing) or overwatering symptoms in to flower, I get shit buds and yields on those plants. thank you for you advice and help. I should have gotten on here months ago.

The yellow makes me cringe. I just recently discovered that if I throw a plant that has any type of deficiencies (yellowing) or overwatering symptoms in to flower, I get shit buds and yields on those plants. thank you for you advice and help. I should have gotten on here months ago.

That is definitely going to happen - unhealthy plants will produce small airy buds with less THC and terpenes.

I found this article for you:

How Do You Prevent And Treat Nutrient Lockout In Cannabis?

You are here now, and there are a lot of other people here willing to help too.

When you feel comfortable, we can get you started on a grow journal here - and then have some other soil growers join in to watch your progress.

You can chat, laugh, get tips - and most important - ask tons of questions - learn - and get awesome buds!

For now, let's track your progress here - learn a few things together - and then walk away smarter better growers.

I can vouch for this!!! I have about 60 jars of it!!!

Hey @greenjeans , it's good to see you again.

Me too - I've had some scrawny finishers - especially the lower buds - but I needed to prove it to myself :)

Also, I've kept the larfy buds in the past, but now that I have a bit more experience, I'm going to go with driving the energy up to the top of the plant!

The only time I got light, airy buds was on my 1st grow. That was a real learning curve since I had no experience at all. But I believe that the high temps (usually in low 90's) was the reason for the light, airy buds. However, none of the buds were small & I haven't been able to grow anything that potent since. I'm guessing it was the strain (Fire OG).
My last grow I grew my largest plants ever. Temps were 77 - 79 at all times with 65% RH in Veg & 50% in Flower. The 1st time I had everything perfect all the way through & I used 70 / 30 Coco / Perlite with a complete line of AN products. I got the worst weed I ever grew. It still got you high. Just not as potent as my 4 - 5 other grows.
My 1st 2 grows were photo's & the weed was excellent. My other grows were Auto's & I can't say much for the potentcy.
For that reason I have decided to only grow photo's from now on. I still have about 20 Auto seeds but not wasting my time on them. From now on I'm sticking with Fire OG Photo's as that shit is bomb !!!
The pics in my journal are from my last grow if you want to see some giant ass plants grown in a 5' x 10' tent. You'll see how I got my temps & RH perfect.
Unfortunately, I sold the house & some of my grow set up so I'm starting new at my new place. I'm in the process of converting my shed (in AZ. desert temps) into my new grow room. Should be up & running in the next 6 - 8 weeks.
This one will be a challenge since it's usually 110 or higher here all summer.

And never reuse soil put that used soil in your yard garden and use fresh for success.:thumb:

soil costs money, and not reusing it is simply a waste. just what this world needs these days,, more waste

clean the soil as stated and be sure to sterilize it before reusing. easy friend,,

cheers

And never reuse soil put that used soil in your yard garden and use fresh for success.:thumb:
Why not?

Where does one get soil that has not been used for the last million plus years?

Seriously, if any soil is so used up after the first and only time growing in it and will not let someone grow another plant then that soil should not have been used in the first place.

soil costs money, and not reusing it is simply a waste. just what this world needs these days,, more waste

clean the soil as stated and be sure to sterilize it before reusing. easy friend,,

cheers
Exactly. Following through on the Coots super-soil recipe and and the Sub-Cool's super-soil recipes and I have found that there are ways to recharge the soil system to do another 3 grows before it needs to be recharged again. Or buy the little packs of soil amendments if the grow does not want to do it themselves.

You can reuse over and over but like in farming crop rotation is key so soil does not become depleted.That's why.
Adding in the amendments takes care of that by speeding up the process of rebuilding the depleted nutrients. Or, just keep it moist for a couple of months to let the soil organisms do their thing and chew on organic material and on the rock mineral ingredients.

Like @nivek says, just throwing it away is a waste.

Personally, I think that my batches of soil hit their stride after the second grow and just keep getting better.

Back
Top Bottom