The Dude Abides

Took a 5 gallon bucket over to Second Base - on a fine and breezy Sunday morning, planning to feed the crowd their chems and ferts like usual, when I noticed a little blight on a big beautiful bud! Go Go Gadget Eyes! I took a closer peek and the whole inside was crude and rotten like an old politician.
DAMAGE CONROL TEAM GO!!!
An immediate harvest took place, and a scramble to find storage for over 2 pounds of green gold. Now the funk is inescapable. My AC and dehumidifier dump outdoors and the stanky danky has me under siege.
Won't be inviting any customers to the shop this week. :rofl:
Lost about an ounce to that dirty scoundrel Bud Rot, between the two plants thats nothing crazy, but still hurt my soul to throw them out - they were big ass buds!
The big plant still lives, she's showing no signs of scurvy so she gets to finish the race.
I'm tired, my team is a joke right now, and the Big Brother finale is over... I'm going to bed!

She's an animal, every day it's more of a jungle, which gives me the creeps cause i hate em touching the walls! :lot-o-toke: No touch-ie, no touch-ie!
Too late to trim em back though, and no where to tie em over, so I had to turn her loose. Let's roll!

20220925_052347.jpg

20220925_103316.jpg

20220925_103312.jpg

20220925_103308.jpg
Congrats on your harvest.
How premature was it.
I lost an once from my auto yesterday.
She is banished now.
Outside freezing by herself.
SNS better work.
Tent looks great my friend.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Are you saying you took down the outdoor plants?
Yes, the two smaller ones. Got what looks like 2.25 pounds between em.

Congrats on your harvest.
How premature was it.
I lost an once from my auto yesterday.
She is banished now.
Outside freezing by herself.
SNS better work.
Tent looks great my friend.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Stay safe

I'd say the smaller one was only a week from finish, but the other one could have gone another week or two because it had just begun to turn purple. Two more weeks and it would have been full purp, that would have been cool to get my first grape buds.
The plant I left standing could run another 3 weeks and probably still have white hairs, but there's a hurricane coming on Saturday...
3 days of hard rain and heavy winds! Dunno if she can take that without serious risk of bud rot or breaking under her own weight in the wind, she has packed on the frostiest buds I've ever seen in my life and I'd fall on my sword if I made a mistake and it ruined her.
I dunno what to do? Premature harvest or let her face a late season hurricane?
I've got 4 more days to figure it out.

Yes, the two smaller ones. Got what looks like 2.25 pounds between em.

I'd say the smaller one was only a week from finish, but the other one could have gone another week or two because it had just begun to turn purple. Two more weeks and it would have been full purp, that would have been cool to get my first grape buds.
The plant I left standing could run another 3 weeks and probably still have white hairs, but there's a hurricane coming on Saturday...
3 days of hard rain and heavy winds! Dunno if she can take that without serious risk of bud rot or breaking under her own weight in the wind, she has packed on the frostiest buds I've ever seen in my life and I'd fall on my sword if I made a mistake and it ruined her.
I dunno what to do? Premature harvest or let her face a late season hurricane?
I've got 4 more days to figure it out.
Better to harvest something than loose everything.
If that's what it's down to.

Stay safe

Better to harvest something than loose everything.
If that's what it's down to.

Stay safe
No doubt! Sorry to hear about your auto going sour, a rotten bud is like a big middle finger to all the hard work you put in, super lame.
You got a hell of a forest growing up there in the arctic circle though, so I doubt you'll be leaking into your pillow tonight. Haha
How's the health ole boy? Still feeling like a squashed bug?

No doubt! Sorry to hear about your auto going sour, a rotten bud is like a big middle finger to all the hard work you put in, super lame.
You got a hell of a forest growing up there in the arctic circle though, so I doubt you'll be leaking into your pillow tonight. Haha
How's the health ole boy? Still feeling like a squashed bug?
Pretty much nailed it. :rofl: " squashed bug "
Cold and damp are killing the old bones.
But I still put on a smile and do my best. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Rh is my battle at the moment. And I loathe to spend more money but I may have no choice. :rolleyes:
Found another bit of mold this morning.
On the white widow that was next to the fruit Punch Auto, fek.
I need the rh to drop enough to spray more SNS today.
It's at 99 % now.
Probably because it's only got 2 digits.
I'm day 40 ish still have a 100 miles of tough rd ahead.
Can't afford to get complacent now.
Hopefully we both have a terrific harvest.
Are you ready to dry and cure all that?
I'm a bit nervous. ;)

Stay safe

Well Fuck Me Running. There's bud rot on the last big outdoor girl.
I pulled a fat snow white nug with a dirty brown center... and I'm beside myself.
I have no where to hang this big heffer, so she can't be cut down!
The nursery doubles as a drying room and it's full to the brim until the other plants dry out. That'll be Friday at the earliest, and that's jumping the gun by a couple days - but a hurricane is coming Friday night!
I can't let her get rained on and battered by wind for 3 days, so I'm literally going to be watching the weather forecast and trying to time my harvest for 2 hours before the rain starts.
The things we do for love.

And here's the indoor girl, just growing like a weed.
I've been tracking her progress and it's on pace with my last plant Trio, I'm wondering if she'll grow big hairy stalks too? The outdoor girls are growing completely different even though they are clones, it'll be interesting to see the final results, because they all get fed from the same 5 gallon bucket of slop and ferts.
(My cut buds went into the box untrimmed, so they are ugly as hell right now)

20220927_200556.jpg

20220927_200502.jpg

20220927_200610.jpg

Everything got harvested and I even snagged 45 minutes of sleep before work the next morning. So we're good. Here's the box full of the new plant, the old plants are in jars now.
The storm blew one of my outdoor Mimosas so hard that it popped the roots on the windward side and half toppled the little pot princess. I stood her up and tied her stalk, but the wife keeps complaining that I stink now.
Says it smells like candy and BO. :ganjamon::rofl: can't wait to smoke it! (The wife is an Avid Non-Smoker - doesn't like the smell, doesn't like the buzz, doesn't like the lifestyle - but boo hoo 😭, I do what I want cause I'm the Boss! 🕴️💪😈) - (...and she's not on this site to see that! Hahaha)
My indoor girl flopped against the walls overnight. Almost every branch. It was weird. I tied her up real good, and we're cool again. She's doing pretty good, stalks getting fuzzy and such, could use a good haircut though yeah?

20221002_021336.jpg

20221002_020910.jpg

20221002_020906.jpg

20221002_020815.jpg

20221002_021405.jpg

Congrats on the harvest, and the indoor girl is looking amazing.

Everything got harvested and I even snagged 45 minutes of sleep before work the next morning. So we're good. Here's the box full of the new plant, the old plants are in jars now.
The storm blew one of my outdoor Mimosas so hard that it popped the roots on the windward side and half toppled the little pot princess. I stood her up and tied her stalk, but the wife keeps complaining that I stink now.
Says it smells like candy and BO. :ganjamon::rofl: can't wait to smoke it! (The wife is an Avid Non-Smoker - doesn't like the smell, doesn't like the buzz, doesn't like the lifestyle - but boo hoo 😭, I do what I want cause I'm the Boss! 🕴️💪😈) - (...and she's not on this site to see that! Hahaha)
My indoor girl flopped against the walls overnight. Almost every branch. It was weird. I tied her up real good, and we're cool again. She's doing pretty good, stalks getting fuzzy and such, could use a good haircut though yeah?

20221002_021336.jpg

20221002_020910.jpg

20221002_020906.jpg

20221002_020815.jpg

20221002_021405.jpg
Your playing with fire there.
Bet she has a different opinion on who is the boss. :rofl:
Garden looks wonderful.:yahoo:
Hope you get some rest, 45 minutes isn't enough.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe

Plants are still planted, and planting their asses off.
Found a spot of bud rot on my outdoor girl, so I started sharpening the cutters, time to wrap things up and raze her to the ground.
The indoor girl is getting plump, I've been feeding her every day, but her rock and bark soil doesn't hold any more than a quart of juice. The fuzz is real. She isn't going to grow the giant hairy stalks like Trio did, but she's doing good for herself - popping out a whole rack of Cadbury-Easter-Egg sized buds.
Had a shit day, gonna roll a couple joints and watch Rick n Morty till I fall asleep on the couch.
Later gators.

20221006_212942.jpg

20221006_212957.jpg

20221004_121511.jpg

20221004_121506.jpg

20221004_121554.jpg

Plants are still planted, and planting their asses off.
Found a spot of bud rot on my outdoor girl, so I started sharpening the cutters, time to wrap things up and raze her to the ground.
The indoor girl is getting plump, I've been feeding her every day, but her rock and bark soil doesn't hold any more than a quart of juice. The fuzz is real. She isn't going to grow the giant hairy stalks like Trio did, but she's doing good for herself - popping out a whole rack of Cadbury-Easter-Egg sized buds.
Had a shit day, gonna roll a couple joints and watch Rick n Morty till I fall asleep on the couch.
Later gators.

20221006_212942.jpg

20221006_212957.jpg

20221004_121511.jpg

20221004_121506.jpg

20221004_121554.jpg
Sorry you had a rough day Amigo. :ciao:
Too bad about your outdoor girl, she could could use more time.
But something is better than nothing. :Namaste:
Get what you can.
Tent girls are doing well. :thumb: Spectacular actually. ;)
Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Take care my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe

Nice looking plants, Rhino!

Can you provide more info about this?
I went down a rabbit hole following Al Tapla and his "perched water table" theory. I took the path of using river rock, perlite, and pine bark nuggets as 80% of my growing medium. Added in a shovel full of proper dirt, a shovel of peat moss, fist full of Azomite and lime, and some powdered bat shit and bio-live fertilizer.
The combo has a base of organic nutrients to keep it a dirt grow, but sheds water immediately, so I can't over water it like I like to do. (I like to water daily but hate PHing so the azomite and lime help keep my acidic water in check)
The dirt isn't easy to grow in, so my roots are thick like yarn and even grow on the surface like an old pine tree. Tough as hell.
Plus you can beat the rocks and bark out of the rootball and reuse them cause they don't break down like said.
Just trying my own thing, getting a feel for what works with my sloppy yet overzealous gardening style.

Sorry you had a rough day Amigo. :ciao:
Too bad about your outdoor girl, she could could use more time.
But something is better than nothing. :Namaste:
Get what you can.
Tent girls are doing well. :thumb: Spectacular actually. ;)
Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Take care my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Thank you sir.
No relaxation in the forecast till Christmas, we're on a high speed burn to finish the season. If you can't relax, atleast have fun though yeah? Gonna take the kids to an amusement park, do some shooting at a local range, watch my team get their ass kicked in football, and drink atleast 9 Moscow Mules.
The good life baby, taking the wins when they come.

Just got out of Trim Jail. Only one Mimosa plant got the chop. She was just a little baby, but man-o-man were there some fine buds under that gillie-suit. Here's the results, got her inverted and ready to relax, hair cut and well manicured.
Bonus shot of the rotten apples trying to spoil the bunch...Damn You Bud Rot!!!

20221008_081357.jpg

20221008_081113.jpg

20221008_081600.jpg

Congrats on the takedown Rhino! :bravo:
Thank you GDB! I took a sneaky taster bud, just to see what's what, and it is that old school mellow - stuck deep in the couch buzz.
Tastes like oranges on every pull. I'm super happy to finally have a strong indica.
...Gotta dull the pain of the Commandos laying down on the job every damn Sunday. Hahaha :rofl:😰😫

Thank you GDB! I took a sneaky taster bud, just to see what's what, and it is that old school mellow - stuck deep in the couch buzz.
Tastes like oranges on every pull. I'm super happy to finally have a strong indica.
...Gotta dull the pain of the Commandos laying down on the job every damn Sunday. Hahaha :rofl:😰😫
Oranges, yumm!

It's going to be a loooong season. :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom