The Freak's First Journal! - 5 Year Old Bag Seed - CFL/LED - 2016

Them lights are pretty bright indeed for the wattage. Did the packaging say how many lumens they put out? Interested to see how well they perform, especially during flower :)

That is not a lot of wattage. Are you planning to use CFLs along with those LEDs during flower?

I've transplanted plenty of times but I still get nervous too. Why shouldn't we be nervous, the plant's life is literally in our hands! :laughtwo:

Barely any wattage I know! Im going to stick with these right to harvest and see what happens.

You've convinced me to take the dive lol. The soil is a touch low in the two on the left because I will be training them using plant wire and holes on the top rim of the pot. Ill also be rotating the triangle so they get even light :)

Transplant 1
IMG_42477.JPG

Transplants 2&3 and lights adjusted. Theres 4 altogether but two in one pot because I dropped two beans in one pod by mistake lol. Now they love each other.
IMG_424910.JPG

Barely any wattage I know! Im going to stick with these right to harvest and see what happens.

You've convinced me to take the dive lol. The soil is a touch low in the two on the left because I will be training them using plant wire and holes on the top rim of the pot. Ill also be rotating the triangle so they get even light :)

Only the LEDs...Interesting. Now I'm really curious to see how they do!

The transplants look to have gone well. They look very happy in their new pots. I have to ask though, is that a glass thermometer I see? If you're taking soil temperatures, is that like the plant equivalent of a rectal temperature? :laughtwo:

Only the LEDs...Interesting. Now I'm really curious to see how they do!

The transplants look to have gone well. They look very happy in their new pots. I have to ask though, is that a glass thermometer I see? If you're taking soil temperatures, is that like the plant equivalent of a rectal temperature? :laughtwo:

Lol! Hey Fuzz! It's all I had around and I just wanted a general Idea of temps until I get a digital thermometer/hygrometer today. Also picking up a couple fans to rig inside.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking good freakbudz, great job on the transplanting, looks like they hardly got stressed!

Fans and hygrometer are wonderful additions, you're getting there bud!

A little update! So I got a fan installed as well as a thermometer/hygrometer. Ive let it sit with the fan on and door closed for almost 5 hours and this is the result. I am extremely happy with the conditions Ill be working under (74f and about 55% rh :)) ..... Oh ... and a snap shot of the bible Ive had for a looooonnnnngggg time. I must have read this thing 10 times.
IMG_42529.JPG

IMG_425310.JPG

Freak, if the door is closed, how are you going to get fresh air for the plants? It probably isn't too necessary now but it will be as they get bigger.

I bought that book 8 years ago for my first grow and you want to know what's weird? My book has the same corner chewed up! Did a fuzzer get to your book as well? :laughtwo:

That's exactly what happened Fuzz! I've had this book for many years and the knowledge inside is second to none.

As for the room, the door is open getting fresh air the majority of the day. I just wanted to run a test and see what the conditions are like with the door closed. Thanks for stopping Fuzz!

Hello everyone! A little update for you on gobble gobble weekend :). Basically just a photo update. Upped the flora series nutes to half strength and Did a little fim/topping action on a couple of them. They look great and Im a happy camper. The humidity started to do its usual winter drop and hit 40 so I added a humidifier to the mix and now its back to a comfy vegging 60-65. I also switched from 24 hour light to 6 hours of dark in the cycle. Ill continue this for about 3-4 weeks and then begin flowering. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
IMG_426212.JPG
IMG_426316.JPG
IMG_426412.JPG

Looks good Freak! How old are these plants now? I don't believe you know who is a girl or boy yet, but do you have a favorite that you're hoping is a girl?

Are you seeing any issues with the LED lights being so close to the plants?

Hey Fuzz! I dont know whos a girl or boy. I just enjoy calling them ladies haha. They popped above soil on the 18th I believe. So about 3 weeks. Ive grown fond of them in their own ways. Theres the really strong beautiful two then there is the two friends in the same pot. I was nervous about the two friends but under the led they seem to be fine and growing strong. I started to notice a leaf begin to turn up on me at the edges which may signify light stress but ill wait a day and make my choice then. Thanks for coming by Fuzz!

Just a quick update! I'll post some pictures later. I've topped 3/4 because I couldn't resist. I love what I've seen in the past and I love the topping journals I've read here. I'm debating using the fim technique on the last one just to see if I can increase bud sites even more then a standard top situation. Temps are holding about 73 and 70 at night. 65 rh 24/7. Oh and I topped them roughly 2 days apart from each other. We'll see what happens!

Freak-Out

Sigh ... Ive caught the LED bug and Ive been starring at a MarsHydro300 for about an hour now hovering over the buy button lol. I think that combined with what I have now would be absolutely perfect for my space. I like whats in there now, but like I said. Ive caught the bug. The price is insanely good and I really want it. Any helpful insight from anyone would be amazinggggggg!! Im on the edge and need some pushing one way or the other!

300w2.jpg

Sigh ... Ive caught the LED bug and Ive been starring at a MarsHydro300 for about an hour now hovering over the buy button lol. I think that combined with what I have now would be absolutely perfect for my space. I like whats in there now, but like I said. Ive caught the bug. The price is insanely good and I really want it. Any helpful insight from anyone would be amazinggggggg!! Im on the edge and need some pushing one way or the other!

*Looks around sheepishly* Umm...is this my fault? Did I sneeze on you? :laughtwo:

If you think anyone on this board is going to tell you, "NO, don't get it. You have plenty of light," then you really don't know where you are. :rofl:

*Looks around sheepishly* Umm...is this my fault? Did I sneeze on you? :laughtwo:

If you think anyone on this board is going to tell you, "NO, don't get it. You have plenty of light," then you really don't know where you are. :rofl:

haha! Ohhhh Fuzz... When I ordered two I thought... I should have got three. Now that I have leds on the plants and seeing how theyve responded I want more! Then I go into your journal and sure enough, youre ordering a new light :). I was hoping someone with maybe some experience with that specific light would drop in. It looks great and the price is right sooo. hmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom