The Freak's First Journal! - 5 Year Old Bag Seed - CFL/LED - 2016

Alrighty! time for todays update :) The ladies are responding very well to LST and the one I did the FIM technique too is starting to come back!! FIM is an interesting idea of leaving part of the growth on when topping. So kinda like chop half/three quarters of the growth head off. This in theory is supposed to make for more then 2 growths at the location. In my case I can see at least 4 maybe more new growths! I think this little one is going to be a bush! That will be the first picture. 5 days short of one month today. I also gave the 2 others a feeding of fish water seeing as the crazy undergrowth one is loving it! Have a great evening everyone! :)
IMG_428610.JPG
IMG_428710.JPG
IMG_42859.JPG
IMG_42847.JPG

After much debate, I've decided to flip to 12/12. They're in the first night of flowering. 4 days short of a month in veg. I made this choice because it looks like my mars light will be here in a week. I think at that time, a week in to flower. I'll be able to decide if I want to add the new light or not. These bag seed were to be an experiment to see if growing in this space is realistic. I'd say it is! I'm also on the fence regarding a tent and carbon filter. Again, the price is so good right now. Anyways. The choice has been made, and they are sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:woohoo: I like it. I like it. I'm sure your girls will too!

I hope so! I love it haha :). I've added an in line exhaust fan at the top connect to flex hose running to a vent in the window and left the bottom vent partially open for passive intake. The small amount of smell that was already starting to linger is completely gone and the tent is in slightly negative pressure which is perfect. I'll add pictures in a while. I'm very pleased with this and all I need is my Mars light to complete my set up! Yahoo!

Hello :420: world! A little update for today with some pictures. Before the pictures though, a little back story. When I did the transplant from the small pots to the ones you saw previous to this, I decided (silly stoned me) to put expanded clay balls in the bottom. I know better then this, but in my mind frame at the time it was a great idea. In the last few days Ive noticed the growth from those two slow significantly and on one even start to look sickly. This morning I acted quickly and transplanted into the same style pot but with fresh yummy soil from top to bottom, with some per mixed in for good measure. When I had the plants out of the pots briefly and saw the roots it was clear they did not like the clay balls. The root mass was beautiful and white until the balls. Then it withered and yeah.. not good. Now they are happy again (I hope) Ill wait until they relax a little then water with some simple fish water. You can also see the green LED I use to work at night (if I absolutely need to). Anywho.. Thats the story and Im sticking to it! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Happy hump day! :cheer::Namaste:

IMG_430813.JPG
IMG_430717.JPG
IMG_430616.JPG
IMG_430515.JPG

Your grow is looking pretty good. I ordered the same led panel 2 days ago, they'll arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try them out.

Thanks! LED is awesome, that is for sure. Which one did you order? The Small guys or the Mars? I cant wait for more LED light lol. I really do like these small ones. Very cheap and put out a ton of light for the draw. Thanks for coming by!

Thanks! LED is awesome, that is for sure. Which one did you order? The Small guys or the Mars? I cant wait for more LED light lol. I really do like these small ones. Very cheap and put out a ton of light for the draw. Thanks for coming by!
For now I'm sticking with the small one just to see the difference. If nothing changes then I'm definitely upgrading to a better one.

For now I'm sticking with the small one just to see the difference. If nothing changes then I'm definitely upgrading to a better one.

Im actually confident you can grow nice buds with the two small ones. Ill have to do a full journal using the small ones. Maybe a One Plant One LED 15w Journal :). Thats originally what this journal was going to be but I caught the bug and well... youve seen what happened lol.

I'm glad you caught the problem quickly! Any theories as to why the plant's roots didn't like the clay balls?

:passitleft:

Hey Fuzz! The clay balls hold little to no nutrients, they're just a neutral medium with lots of air space. I used them in my aquaponics. I had a two tier bed system with a bell syphon fill and drain system. They're perfect for that or DWC etc. In a soil setting though with the clay balls at the bottom it leaves the roots open and lacking shelter and nutrients. My mistake. I'm glad I made the choice to fix the mistake now. :) :)

Hey Fuzz! The clay balls hold little to no nutrients, they're just a neutral medium with lots of air space. I used them in my aquaponics. I had a two tier bed system with a bell syphon fill and drain system. They're perfect for that or DWC etc. In a soil setting though with the clay balls at the bottom it leaves the roots open and lacking shelter and nutrients. My mistake. I'm glad I made the choice to fix the mistake now. :) :)

Ahhh. Makes sense. Hopefully they rebound real quick for ya.

*Kicks the clay balls* Stupid balls. :laughtwo:

Im actually confident you can grow nice buds with the two small ones. Ill have to do a full journal using the small ones. Maybe a One Plant One LED 15w Journal :). Thats originally what this journal was going to be but I caught the bug and well... youve seen what happened lol.
I think so too, considering the huge amount of light they put out. I'll also be trying the 15W LED one plant grow but I'm not going to be doing a journal about that. It's just to fill in on my curiosity. Anyway I'll stick around to see how your girls turn out to be with the more advanced LED .

Back
Top Bottom