The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too salt. I definitely needed it for a couple.of the ladies under the Led. spotting on a few fans. All good with a balanced silica and calmag addition . I am in V3 too. wish I had the confidence to go with the shogun flowering nuts but have backed out in sensible mature manner.lol Soon as I get comfortable with the mc I will see where it goes.

If you got the Shogun bottle, what does the label say for N-P-K numbers? We can do the calcs for you.

I do a Pineapple Jalapeno Cole Slaw that is fantastic with BBQ, either on top of pulled pork or on the side. Sriracha Mac and Cheese is usually the other side. It's pretty unoriginal to always have the same two side with our BBQ, but then again, why mess up a good thing.

Is it also good on a chili dog?

Mmmmm.... slaw dogs.

For bbq sides I have a handful I'll mix through. Always beans, but I have 3 variations on those I like. Smoked sriracha (or chili lime) mac n cheese, cheesy squash, blue cheese slaw, fried corn.

Is it also good on a chili dog?

Mmmmm.... slaw dogs.

For bbq sides I have a handful I'll mix through. Always beans, but I have 3 variations on those I like. Smoked sriracha (or chili lime) mac n cheese, cheesy squash, blue cheese slaw, fried corn.

Not so much of a slaw on dogs guy. Spent the first 40 years of my life in Toledo Ohio. Home of Klinger (from MASH) and Tony Packos famous Hungarian hot dogs. I'm used to more of a traditional coney with mustard and onions and sauce. Here in TN they basically open a can of Van Kamps beans and put that and slaw on a dog. It's disgusting. Most people around here have no idea what good food is. I got a solid copy of Packos dog sauce if you want the recipe I can post it up.

You got a stick burner, electric, or pellet smoker? I cheat with pellets. Have a Rec-Tec 680. The most idiot proof way to quality BBQ.

I'm used to more of a traditional coney with mustard and onions and sauce.

Right. Mustard, cheese, chili, onion, slaw. :D

You got a stick burner, electric, or pellet smoker? I cheat with pellets. Have a Rec-Tec 680. The most idiot proof way to quality BBQ.

I have a vertical and a horizontal that are stick. I cheat a bit and use charcoal some. The vertical I can set up with a charcoal base and it'll run a good 6-8 hours without being messed with. Sssshhhhh... don't tell the wife that though. :laugh:

Thanks for providing all that info @JKB1989 ...

When you get a chance please take some photos of your grow ... a group shot will help, the top and side of the plant, and a photo of a few fan leaves.

Are you adding anything else (supplements) to your water besides the Mega Crop?

Are you growing in coco or soil?

What is your feeding schedule like? Every day, every other day?

What size pot are you in? Are the pots fabric or plastic?

When was the last time you flushed?

When was the last time you up potted?

What is the pH and tds of your tap water?

What size tent are you in, and what is the power of the light(s)?

For veg, you could lower your temp a few degrees or raise your RH a bit. Do you use a VPD chart?

PS ... photos and lots of info really help people to figure out the growing issue ... since there are so many things that can go wrong in a grow :)
Sorry for lack of info and the delayed response to all questions. Going to add everyone into this response: @farside05,@Emilya,@Dutchman1990,@Hydroholic,@Sq12kGuy, and @Old Salt.
I've added no other nutes to the mc. I'm growing in ff happy frog. Feeding as needed which is about every five days right now. I have some in 5 gal clothe and some in seven gal clothe pots. Did not flush since I up potted after I had switched to mc. My light is a kind xl1000. I've ordered a humidifier that will be delivered 12/24. I have no idea what my ph of my tap water is because I have no meter to test with. I've started a journal on this grow and its labeled my closet. I flipped the girls over on 12/17. Here are some pictures.
20191221_084356.jpg
20191220_052248.jpg
20191217_171727.jpg

Attachments

• 20191217_171708.jpg
    20191217_171708.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Everything looks pretty good to me up top. They are nice and green. The yellow is on the bottom. I see plants that are stretchy and cant see the light anywhere in the picture. I'm wondering if that its just that those leaves are so far from the light that they were useless and they are naturally dying off.

will look tomorrow, sorry missed this reply mate

If you have the Shogun PK Warrior (9 P, 18 K), and want to play with something around a 1:blushsmile:3 Ratio, use can use up to 3ml of it per gallon. Assuming you're doing 6g Mega, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Silica, then the PK Warrior. Math still works if you're only using 5g of Mega instead of 6.

The smell is so wonderful when I unzip the tent. I have noticed some of the plants may need a little jump in MC. I am super happy with my plants but feel that in flower I am leaving something on the table. I am going to order Bud Explosion also to run on 1-2 plants. No I can’t leave well enough alone.
Very very nice

If you have the Shogun PK Warrior (9 P, 18 K), and want to play with something around a 1:blushsmile:3 Ratio, use can use up to 3ml of it per gallon. Assuming you're doing 6g Mega, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Silica, then the PK Warrior. Math still works if you're only using 5g of Mega instead of 6.

I have to say farside05. You really are a top notch member. It must have taken you time to work it out and respond and I cannot thank you enough. Your Bluedreamatic grows and info you have shared with ne previously too , has made this auto grow a pleasure. Changing to Mc was another new experience alongside using LOS for the 1st time ( wtf did I do all that in 1 go for ????#@$) . Thankfully you hit me up and gave so e great encouragement and advice and is still come through with essential help. Thankyou for being brilliant fella. I do like the shogun products and the pk particularly, followed by the finisher dragon force. The latter replaces all feed so not too worried about upsetting anything by that stage. I will use it for the fi al week maybe but it sounds similar to terpinator. Reading up on the Mc a little more, it seems that this is one of the benefits with better terp production. The pk is designed for the flowering period and not the usual 1week hit so i assume it is less "hot" . thanks farside.
defol starts today and the Bluedreamatics have been stretching over night on number 2+3 . wow they can move.
20191222_113353.jpg
The poorly mottled girl (#2) smoothie that i have been hitting more with cal mag , is a productive beasty too now. seems Mc has the power to push her through some serious looking toxicity issue but still making her work on bud sites. love this stuff.
20191222_113238.jpg
20191221_160822.jpg

Overall the colour of the leaves is the best I have had for uniformity and health looking. particularly with flowering now too. The canopy is evening out now on the rigjt hand side of the grow but with the shorter Lsd-25, the right side is lumpy but looking ok. Heres a couple of pics before the deforestation starts
20191222_113812.jpg
20191221_160813.jpg

Mc for the win

On the maths side , I am using 10L buckets which is 2.6 USgal. On mc to their calc using L , they say 14.23g at this point so I matched the Calmag and Silica with 14.25ml each too , which is hopefully how you do it when converting to L over Gal too for the matching.? The .6 is the catch for me with half a gal more water so I used a UK 5ml teaspoon as a US one is .1g lower at 4.9ml. 6g being a US teaspoon I used the extra.2 and the concurrent Uk 2.5ml spoon for the 2.55g to 14.85 g . Assuming it is fairly close to what the 6g/USg calc u suggested is then if I knock them all back by 1. and use the Shogun at the 4ml ( 8ml in 10L ?) then it should stay in balance ? . sorry for the constant but want to hit them just right . I am just getting a slight tip burn on the upping so will try a .5g back up too using same above calcs maybe ?. Thanks farside, you have been very patient.

Everything looks pretty good to me up top. They are nice and green. The yellow is on the bottom. I see plants that are stretchy and cant see the light anywhere in the picture. I'm wondering if that its just that those leaves are so far from the light that they were useless and they are naturally dying off.
My thoughts exactly. Lights not enough for the bottom.

On the maths side , I am using 10L buckets which is 2.6 USgal. On mc to their calc using L , they say 14.23g at this point so I matched the Calmag and Silica with 14.25ml each too , which is hopefully how you do it when converting to L over Gal too for the matching.? The .6 is the catch for me with half a gal more water so I used a UK 5ml teaspoon as a US one is .1g lower at 4.9ml. 6g being a US teaspoon I used the extra.2 and the concurrent Uk 2.5ml spoon for the 2.55g to 14.85 g . Assuming it is fairly close to what the 6g/USg calc u suggested is then if I knock them all back by 1. and use the Shogun at the 4ml ( 8ml in 10L ?) then it should stay in balance ? . sorry for the constant but want to hit them just right . I am just getting a slight tip burn on the upping so will try a .5g back up too using same above calcs maybe ?. Thanks farside, you have been very patient.
If you are getting minor tip burn you can back off .5g. When I get minor tip burn I will hold there or back off 1/4 unless it progresses. I really am moving away from the measuring by weight and adjusting by ppm.

I really am moving away from the measuring by weight and adjusting by ppm.

are you getting consistent ppm values between mixes @Hydroholic ?

i fed by ppm exclusively in salt ferts. it was one of the things i was happy to let go of.
i found going by weight in MC to be easier and probably more relevant. my ppm changes between mixes, not by bounds, but enough i would be concerned if it were a salt fert only.

i monitor it from time to time now, especially when upping the MC, but don't feed by it.

that is a cool tool @farside05 . will have to copy up that for future use. would be boring at the moment cause it's just MC :p

are you equating grams dry weight to ml liquid measure ?
that would be my approach.

are you getting consistent ppm values between mixes @Hydroholic ?

i fed by ppm exclusively in salt ferts. it was one of the things i was happy to let go of.
i found going by weight in MC to be easier and probably more relevant. my ppm changes between mixes, not by bounds, but enough i would be concerned if it were a salt fert only.

i monitor it from time to time now, especially when upping the MC, but don't feed by it.

that is a cool tool @farside05 . will have to copy up that for future use. would be boring at the moment cause it's just MC :p

are you equating grams dry weight to ml liquid measure ?
that would be my approach.
I didn’t like how I could have a 200-400ppm swing scaling out the same weight. This has me a little concerned. I ordered V3 so hopefully I will see a consistent number that I can put the meter away. I also ordered the bud explosion for the next run. I do find the MC ppm for 6-6.5gm is close to the numbers I look for with ppm.

Attachments

• B6BCD535-4222-4803-9A2B-50697E41CF32.jpeg
    B6BCD535-4222-4803-9A2B-50697E41CF32.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom