The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

I've only been growing hydro for a few months ( rdwc ), so take what I say with a grain of salt.. But I do run bennies w/ MC like yourself. And I'm running at 6g/gal along with CalMag and ProSI ( 1ml/gal ). This puts my tds around ~900ppm.

Whenever I experience rapid ph drops I look at my roots. In my case, rapid ph drops usually indicate some sort of pathogen activity ( root rot or brown algae growth in my case ). I've been fighting this since day 1, and have used H. Tea like yourself, but I recently switched to Z7 and Hydroguard ( thanks @West Hippie ). This may not be the case with you though.

Edit - I mention this because you noted that you're using Heisenberg tea. People don't normally use the tea unless they've been slimed at some point. Like me.
I hate to here you still have the problem. Can you flush the muck off the roots with a mix of hydroguard and the media.

Always! just been busy as hell with the added lots of shit going on haven't been on much but we alive the ladies doing good

Understood. Good to hear y'all are still pluggin along and flyin. :)

I hate to here you still have the problem. Can you flush the muck off the roots with a mix of hydroguard and the media.
Ty for your concern :) Things are slowly improving root wise ( nothing good ever seems to happen quickly when growing - only bad things ). I did wash the gunk off one of my plants yesterday to see how it would react. I'll know more in a few days. I'm optimistic.

This is what the cold did to this girl.
BF3B68E1-5988-421A-8CDA-738B424B2995.jpeg

How many plants in there West?
3 White Widow and a Dosidos under the hps and in the back 2 White Widows one that was saved from the weather and the mother plant on the right back .

Seems like my plants could use a bit more mag but are happy otherwise. anyone using Epsom and black strap with MC? In coco
How much are you feeding the plant Rich? What stage are the plants in? Of course most will recommend increasing the amount of MC before adding anything to increase the Mg levels so that's my feeling too.

So this morning I woke up, brewed some coffee and chopped my two Biscotti. :blunt:
5123af9b-5d3e-44c9-9836-d049e3e45ea3.jpg
1bd7250b-198e-4af2-adca-1b7d0d2bb91f.jpg

These girls were my first run from seed with MC. Again they have seen nothing but tap water, pH down and MC. No calmag, boosters or bennies. Overall I'm super happy with the results even though I almost lost both to a power outage.

One of the girls purpled up real nice. The nugs are rock hard and super frosty. Had to clean my scissors multiple times while trimming it up. The smell is super sweet and fruity. Looking forward to smoking some for sure.

Some great looking gardens out there!!! Got two Birthday Cake on the rise for the next round.

a721367e-7b09-4bf6-b366-c2a51c6d2bae.jpg

cccc1f07-6c11-41d1-bddf-bcff1a4ee1db.jpg
IMG_20200125_125744277.jpg

Ohh yeah my new 5lb bag of MC just showed up last week. The Biscotti finished off what I had left of my original sample bag of MC.

So off the original 1000g $11.00 bag I ordered I managed to knock out a bit over 21oz of nugs assuming the Biscotti haul weighs at 6+oz which I think is a conservative estimate.
Lets just call it .50 cents of nutes per ounce of nugs & the 5lb bag is an even better value.. Not bad MC not bad.

MC does not act the same as other nutes. it is important to learn to feed by read not ppm. no one really feeds by ppm in MC, they just track it.

start with recommended dosage, then adjust from there according to how the plants react and look.

ph in hydro with MC is still a thing, and i recommend it, but many ignore it altogether. MC is generally available to the plant across a much greater range of ph than other nute lines. ph is for the nutes, not the plant, many growers do not understand this.

Thanks for the feedback

I never get 100% of the water out during a water change. Always end up with 100ppm left when I’ve completed the water change. Thought it’d be easiest to adjust using GLN feeding chart based on ppm rather then GPG. It’s lights out for another 3 hours. Going to adjust when they wake up. One thing I didn’t take into account is when I first added MC, the more I added the more my PH climbed. In my case bumping the PPM up would also adjust my PH accordingly. thanks again for your time.

Hi there!

I've only been growing hydro for a few months ( rdwc ), so take what I say with a grain of salt.. But I do run bennies w/ MC like yourself. And I'm running at 6g/gal along with CalMag and ProSI ( 1ml/gal ). This puts my tds around ~900ppm.

Whenever I experience rapid ph drops I look at my roots. In my case, rapid ph drops usually indicate some sort of pathogen activity ( root rot or brown algae growth in my case ). I've been fighting this since day 1, and have used H. Tea like yourself, but I recently switched to Z7 and Hydroguard ( thanks @West Hippie ). This may not be the case with you though.

Edit - I mention this because you noted that you're using Heisenberg tea. People don't normally use the tea unless they've been slimed at some point. Like me.

Unfortunately I’m in the republic of Canada :/ don’t think
Thanks for the feedback

I never get 100% of the water out during a water change. Always end up with 100ppm left when I’ve completed the water change. Thought it’d be easiest to adjust using GLN feeding chart based on ppm rather then GPG. It’s lights out for another 3 hours. Going to adjust when they wake up. One thing I didn’t take into account is when I first added MC, the more I added the more my PH climbed. In my case bumping the PPM up would also adjust my PH accordingly. thanks again for your time.
Hi there!

I started using the H tea trying to have a healthier root zone. Wasn’t battling any slime, (that I know of) but my root masses weren’t as big as they could have been in previous grows. Also enjoy not having to run my chillers near as much, will be a huge bonus in the summer months. Have noticed large amounts of root growth since I started using the tea. I apply the tea 2-3 times a week as a preventative measure now that I’m not using my chiller and res temp went from 66-68 to 70-73.

Wow, 900 ppm! Seeing my bluelab reading 900 will be a heart stopper for the first few days. I don’t believe it’s a root zone health issue. Probably more of a noob learning curve issue.

I will look into hydroguard form my next run. Did a quick google search on Z7 and didn’t find anything, any links you can provide?

Appreciate your time

Unfortunately I’m in the republic of Canada :/ don’t think

I started using the H tea trying to have a healthier root zone. Wasn’t battling any slime, (that I know of) but my root masses weren’t as big as they could have been in previous grows. Also enjoy not having to run my chillers near as much, will be a huge bonus in the summer months. Have noticed large amounts of root growth since I started using the tea. I apply the tea 2-3 times a week as a preventative measure now that I’m not using my chiller and res temp went from 66-68 to 70-73.

Wow, 900 ppm! Seeing my bluelab reading 900 will be a heart stopper for the first few days. I don’t believe it’s a root zone health issue. Probably more of a noob learning curve issue.

I will look into hydroguard form my next run. Did a quick google search on Z7 and didn’t find anything, any links you can provide?

Appreciate your time
Google: flying skull z7

I've only been using it for two weeks now. And root issues seem to be on the decline. That said, I've done numerous things as of late. So I really cant say for sure how much it's helping. But it's not hurting either. Z7 came recommended from some very respected members of the site - which is why I started using it.

Appreciate your time

some times hydroguard is only available in the states. flying skull has a canadian z7 formula that is not the same as the US. acutally i'm not sure if z7 is available in the US anymore. z7 should work.

do not use anything with MC that is not compatible with organics. do not run h202 in hydro with MC, unless it's a flush to clear the res, then replacing the nutes right away.

edit : quick check shows z7 only in US. canadian version is called z9

some times hydroguard is only available in the states. flying skull has a canadian z7 formula that is not the same as the US. acutally i'm not sure if z7 is available in the US anymore. z7 should work.

do not use anything with MC that is not compatible with organics. do not run h202 in hydro with MC, unless it's a flush to clear the res, then replacing the nutes right away.

edit : quick check shows z7 only in US. canadian version is called z9

Sorry about the previous post. Was cycling between google and this site, somehow it posted half written reply’s :/ Googled around and found hydroguard locally. Thank you all for your quick reply’s!

Here’s a few pics, roots and canopy... don’t roast me too hard, I’m a noob!

Attachments

• 8E60987B-BE04-4D16-BFE6-97DDAD8F9E81.jpeg
    8E60987B-BE04-4D16-BFE6-97DDAD8F9E81.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 7B04E465-2DEB-450D-B80A-DEB8467A5828.jpeg
    7B04E465-2DEB-450D-B80A-DEB8467A5828.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom