The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Hi Uptheholler :ciao:

I have 2 questions for discussion.

Do you have any tips for home composting?

Does Cannabis have any companion plants that are useful in the grow room to keep bugs off, etc?

:thanks:

:Namaste:
Ran an organic farm. Neem oil may be an option...organic, you can usually find at local home improvement store. Not sure how it will affect cannabis...perhaps someone else knows...i would start with a web search before asking or using...

Better option... identify bug... pheromone traps put nothing on plant but are very effective. The Japanese beetle traps around the grapes were emptied daily then put out as feed much to the joy of the chickens...

Ran an organic farm. Neem oil may be an option...organic, you can usually find at local home improvement store. Not sure how it will affect cannabis...perhaps someone else knows...i would start with a web search before asking or using...

Better option... identify bug... pheromone traps put nothing on plant but are very effective. The Japanese beetle traps around the grapes were emptied daily then put out as feed much to the joy of the chickens...
Neem works great on pot; I got a spider mite infestation while I was in the hospital with pneumonia. When I got home I mixed up some neem, water, and a drop of soap, and hosed them down really good. Most were dead and gone the next day. I think the next application got the rest and they never came back. Can't say for sure if it affects the flavor but I do know that that last grow was the tastiest I've ever grown.

How about a bale of Pro-mix with vermiculite? And two dead fish to melt into it.

Why waste money on vermiculite and Pro Mix. LOL!

it's an old guerrilla grow recipe.

i used to hike 5km in to the back country with some plants, a shovel, and two five gal buckets of fish guts. and a gun.

you bury the fish guts and plant the seedlings over it. the gun is for bear attacks. you had to get in and out at the right time of year with the plants already decently established. then you'd leave and periodically check back. the first few days are dicey as the bears would dig them up to get at the fish guts.

the promix and vermiculite was the deluxe version if you could hike them in. you'd plant in that over the fish guts, the plants would develop much quicker. the vermiculite was to hold moisture, as most guerrilla relied on rainfall, unless there was a stream or other water source nearby. bears were always far more active near a water source.

Building piles of forest duff and letting it compost on site is a good one. Best places are where beavers have eaten themselves out of house and home. Mix that in with old beaver muck and your good to go. NO WAY AM I PACKING ROTTEN FISH THROUGH THE WOODS ........ maybe during hunting season.🙂

Greetings fellow growers ive a problem. Hurricane wiped out electricity maybe four days to go. Im in three stages of flower depending which plant one is looking at. Ive 3/4s of these plants from one week left to a month left up against windows as the grow lights are dark. Light hours are 12/12. If power comes on …how likely will it keep flowering? I imagine production is compromised but how badly will it affect it? A photo of one window, ive three windows employed atm… ideas ?

FA549406-436D-4AF9-BE90-6E5F2A2C3021.jpeg

Hope you guys recover quickly, I'm seeing that Gov DeSanctis was down your way a few days ago. My home base is in the panhandle, on the western side. We weren't bothered at all, in fact we're sort of in a drought up here, weatherman is forecasting rain starting on Wend.
Take care my Brothers, its a jungle out there.

Back
Top Bottom