The Peeece-ful Gardeners Laboratory

Looks like you got things together brother. Nice job being all of the above coz that room rocks. Now get growing.
Thanks Derb! I'm enjoying the new space and the upcoming grow I'm going to do... I haven't figured out my timing yet with all this space...Right now I have 11 clones that I'm trying to establish roots with, and 6 of my seven seeds have stuck their heads up... I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with 17 plants?!? LOL! Its an awesome problem to have I guess...

Damn Peece...welcome back and I love the new shed! Not an electrician and did the wiring and the subpanel all by yourself? Excellent work. The place looks great.
:bravo:

Have you got a long shot of the finished shed that matches the view of the first one with the dirt?

Thanks Shed! I had a friend of a friend come over and he checked on me once I had all the boxes and wire run, then he came back over and hooked up the big cable to the house, and then to the panel in the shed after checking it all out for me... It was so painfully slow that I'll never do that shit again... I'll pull wire... but that's it. Boxes, breakers... WAY TOO MUCH google and YouTube...

I'l get a shot of it from my deck like the dirt pic tomorrow morning.. I still need to put on more insulation(foam board), and the siding and I'm going to put another roof over the door way to pretty it up a bit...

The two plants I have in there now are starting to fill in and smell SOOOO good!

Thanks Derb! I'm enjoying the new space and the upcoming grow I'm going to do... I haven't figured out my timing yet with all this space...Right now I have 11 clones that I'm trying to establish roots with, and 6 of my seven seeds have stuck their heads up... I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with 17 plants?!? LOL! Its an awesome problem to have I guess...
Grow grow grow.

The next thing I came up with after seeing something similar on @EastCoastGhost grow, was a feeder funnel...
I started with one of those wire ring supports for tomatoes... I cut each ring off and left three legs on it.

Next I picked up some tube and a few tee's and long stem funnels... Wire and zip ties have been used to tie them to the rings... that will also be used for LST... I used a 1/8" drill pit and ran 5-7 holes in the bottom of the clear tube...
Total cost each... $4

My seedling room is full of happy girls... I have 6 different strains in the solo cups... And plan to make some clones of each...
And right now there are 7 clones coming along nicely and pushing roots through the peat bags... and I have 3 other ones, and I'm just hoping that at least 1

Cool stuff happening at your place Peeece! Love the sliced and diced tomato cages :thumb:. How much water does that funnel hold and how many times do you fill it to water the plant? Do the holes/tube get clogged with dirt? Do the plants prefer Lowes to Home Depot buckets? These are my burning questions! :)

Congrats on the babies too...that shed is gonna be jumping!

Glad you asked Shed!

Right now I am feeding my two girls a gallon every 2 days... with little run off... I have a Quart pitcher that I fill and I just pour half into each funnel... The hose ring has a 1/2" i.d. and its about a foot long... so by the time I pour half a quart in and then the other and refill the pitcher... I can repeat with no waiting as the water runs down the funnel and into the soil perfectly... usually after 3 pitchers I feed my flower plants... and then pour whatever water/nutes down the funnels and sometimes on top the dirt just for fun... This it the first time I've used these rings, and I really just wanted a way that I could deliver more even water distribution to the whole root ball... It seems to be working like a charm. Its also helping to have one water point rather than trying to get my pitcher down around the stem when I have her tied down so badly! lol!

So far the Home Depot pails are supply better structure and a more quality plastic I think... The Walmart ones were made in China and the quality was replaced with a shiny blue colour thats much more appealing to the eyes! LOL!

Oh and here's a picture of the shed... I am putting on foam board insulation and siding in the coming weeks and will post a pic when it gets a bit prettier...

Also added a boot tray and picked up some fake crocs... going to try and control some of the contaminants, dirt and bugs... Stole that suggestion from @Guy Cavallero

The holes in the tube are on the bottom. The picture above may be a bit confusing. I held it upside down to take the pic showing the drain holes that were put in... no dirt gets in them and so far the roots haven't climbed up into it either.

I'm anxious for the two flowering girls to be done... I just realized I haven't posted a shot of my new turn table..

Its pretty tight, If I don't say myself! I'll get some pics on the weekend!

I uploaded a couple ugly pics! lol!

The last one makes it look like it has a couple more weeks, but I think I should do the deed now rather than let it wait much longer... They are still bulking up though... pushing out lots of white pistols... Lets see what you say...

Top of the morning to ya mr.Peeece looking very good ta be honest... If that was me 6-7 months ago I would of chopped her long time ago...lol. But I could go both ways to be fair, depends on your preferences on trichs.... I've never had a harvest of my own yet as life's hiccups have prevented me so far in my attempts....haha

But by the end of this summer I'll be able to give a more informed opinion on this matter...lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My apologies for dropping pics without asking, but you the first I've shown...lol

Nice bags of dirt Smeegol :). I'm sure plenty of good things will be happening in there soon!

Thanks Smeegol. Its turning out to be quite an adventure! I just went out and looked t the girls up close...
I think they can go anytime! And the fact that I need to flip 4 more girls.... What do you think? There are two plants here...
I'd say you got plenty of time on the one taken in regular light. That sugar leaf looks like the trichomes are mostly clear and they would go amber before the calyxes do. Wait for mostly cloudy on the calyxes and a hint of amber on the sugars. Unless you're looking for sleepy...!

Back
Top Bottom