The VipersNest Continuous

Well... I've ordered one so that puts me as a third kind of person... those who will soon have them... LOL.

Question... :) I have another grow in an attic where the ceiling is pitched with the roof... with your experience installing them would they install on a sideways angle?

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

Never did it and I wouldnt bother with the compexity of that operation..Major heat issues. Environmental issues etc. Im lucky Im in a basement

Another advantage not mentioned and also addresses the power usage. Using a light mover reduces the number of lights required. I light an 8ft wide x12ft long room with 1-1000HPS, using a light rail. Width coverage wasnt so much of a problem. Before installing the mover, I was using 2 lites to cover the 12' length and paying the elect for the additional lite. With the use of a lite mover, I now light an 8ft wide x12ft long room with 1-1000HPS, with a light rail. Less heat generated, better coverage=better growth & a lot less money per month. The mover paid for itself after the first month.

As far as reliability, your lite will fail before the mover does and there is nothing you can do except get another bulb. Like Pit said, if the mover fails, it just quits moving, it isnt "lites out". It's just a small motor & a rubber wheel, not a Rolex.
I agree with Pit...There are 2 kinds of folks: "Those who want them, those who have them."

**And Pit, the outfit you hooked me up with IS the place. $179 out the door? Havent seen anyplace cheaper...Thanks again bud...:peace:MF

Well... I've ordered one so that puts me as a third kind of person... those who will soon have them... LOL.

Question... :) I have another grow in an attic where the ceiling is pitched with the roof... with your experience installing them would they install on a sideways angle?

Hey H20, no workie on the sideways angle deal. The "H" track needs to be fastened to a level surface, width and length of track both. The rubber drive wheel seats on the inside of the track and needs to be exactly verticle in order to function properly. The system is very similar to a sliding closet door with it's upper roller wheels/track. Same principal in that, as I said, it will only function properly if the weight (lite) is hanging directly beneath the drive wheel & track.

You would need to either install purlins (cross-ties) to your roof framing (if not already present)with a 2x4-2x6 attached to the underneath of the cross-ties for track mounting purposes or build a portable track stand that would sit on the attic floor. :peace: MF

Another advantage not mentioned and also addresses the power usage. Using a light mover reduces the number of lights required. I light an 8ft wide x12ft long room with 1-1000HPS, using a light rail. Width coverage wasnt so much of a problem. Before installing the mover, I was using 2 lites to cover the 12' length and paying the elect for the additional lite. With the use of a lite mover, I now light an 8ft wide x12ft long room with 1-1000HPS, with a light rail. Less heat generated, better coverage=better growth & a lot less money per month. The mover paid for itself after the first month.

As far as reliability, your lite will fail before the mover does and there is nothing you can do except get another bulb. Like Pit said, if the mover fails, it just quits moving, it isnt "lites out". It's just a small motor & a rubber wheel, not a Rolex.
I agree with Pit...There are 2 kinds of folks: "Those who want them, those who have them."

**And Pit, the outfit you hooked me up with IS the place. $179 out the door? Havent seen anyplace cheaper...Thanks again bud...:peace:MF

Im glad I could help bro. Hang a second rail and hang the second lamp, thats pretty much the same dimensions I use. I need a 3rd one

Im glad I could help bro. Hang a second rail and hang the second lamp, thats pretty much the same dimensions I use. I need a 3rd one

Hey Pit, at the risk of being drummed out of the Viper's Nest, I'm a soil dude. I figure it doesnt matter if ya drive a car or take the train, as long as you get there, right? And seein as youve dabbled in the dirt, I'll share the following:

In search of the optimum "po folks" growth/yield vs overhead $$ formula, Ive found that the 8ft wide & 12ft long size room is the maximum size, using only 1- 1000 HPS, WITH the use of a lite mover.

I'll leave the soil vs hydro debate to others but with soil, a fella has the option of rotating the crops. For me, moving my plants "in and out" once a week isnt a big deal vs the $$'s PG&E hammers me for runnin more stuff which I used to do in the past. Nowadays, it's a sweat equity deal, I reckon.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to run 2 or 3 lites but if I stay within my "po folks" formula, I can run 20 plants at apprx 4 ft height, stay out of the power usage limelight and still get quality and yield vs $$ spent. I recently upgraded to a parabolic reflector and the light footprint increased, width wise to where rotation isnt as necessary but I still perform the task regardless. BTW, plant damage isnt an issue, even at 4 ft and during bud stage if your buckets are set up right.

Now before ya go throwin rocks at me brother (LOL), we're really in the same car, just lookin out different windows. But in the end, it's the ride bro, it's the ride...:peace: MF

I totally understand your situation.trust me. I was merely making an observation and just making a suggestion. I would tell you to add another LED (god forbid) if thats what your running because Im that kinda person.
Yes my man..."its the ride" Im with you all the way.

Ive ony drummed one person out from the nest so no worries bro....JK

I totally understand your situation.trust me. I was merely making an observation and just making a suggestion. I would tell you to add another LED (god forbid) if thats what your running because Im that kinda person.
Yes my man..."its the ride" Im with you all the way.

Ive ony drummed one person out from the nest so no worries bro....JK

Cool P...We be on the same page...My "po folks" formula was born from the days when Enron came to town and how PG&E raped and pillaged us consumers right along with the good ol boys from Enron. I'd lite my house with candles if I could. I WILL NOT give them bastards at PG&E a dime more than I have to. That's just me.

It's taken me many grows to slim-line the "po-folk" formula into a productive op. It's not because of lack of bucks and it's not a bare minimum approach. It's simply workin as far out on the economical edge as possible while still achieving optimum results. That bein said, PG&E can kiss my 1000HPS, preferably after it's been on a while...:peace: MF

Did he not like clowns? ;)

Evidently....who doesnt like clowns? LOL, Everyone here seems to think Im some kind of freak....well they are correct!

"**And Pit, the outfit you hooked me up with IS the place. $179 out the door? Havent seen anyplace cheaper...Thanks again bud...:peace:MF"

What is the name of this outfit?....and will they ship??:grinjoint:

Plant Lighting Hydroponics, shipping does cost but Ive used them so much they wack my charges down or off.

Evidently....who doesnt like clowns? LOL, Everyone here seems to think Im some kind of freak....well they are correct!

Everytime I'm on your thread, I flashback to the Devil's Rejects scene where he steals the station wagon... and the kid doesn't like clowns.

Freak? If Capt. Spaulding is your avatar... well, 'nough said! :cool::slide:

Everytime I'm on your thread, I flashback to the Devil's Rejects scene where he steals the station wagon... and the kid doesn't like clowns.

Freak? If Capt. Spaulding is your avatar... well, 'nough said! :cool::slide:

Cutter needs to keep up his appearance.
:cool:

I shudder to answer that one....the plants are chopped and/dried and weighed....just over 2lbs. we have had major issues this grow....I look at it this way. If you never problems you will never learn. Ive had problems on every grow to some degree. I dont know too many growers that can run a "set and forget" grow. Maybe on a commercial basis but even then I doubt it.

That's what's so awesome about the ez-cloner... set and forget... two weeks later awesome clones... sometimes I wish they made full systems like that but then there really wouldn't be any fun... LOL.

Never did it and I wouldnt bother with the compexity of that operation..Major heat issues. Environmental issues etc. Im lucky Im in a basement

It's actually easy in the winter and I don't use it as much during the summer... I was just wondering with your experience installing if you think it would run right on a sideways angle... I don't think it would cause from what I could see I think it would unevenly distribute the weight... the heat issue is why I was thinking of the light rail for that one though cause with half the lights it would be a lot less of an issue...

Hey H20, no workie on the sideways angle deal. The "H" track needs to be fastened to a level surface, width and length of track both. The rubber drive wheel seats on the inside of the track and needs to be exactly verticle in order to function properly. The system is very similar to a sliding closet door with it's upper roller wheels/track. Same principal in that, as I said, it will only function properly if the weight (lite) is hanging directly beneath the drive wheel & track.

You would need to either install purlins (cross-ties) to your roof framing (if not already present)with a 2x4-2x6 attached to the underneath of the cross-ties for track mounting purposes or build a portable track stand that would sit on the attic floor. :peace: MF

I figured as much I just was hoping for a miracle... LOL... I would loose too much head room by changing it... not that big a deal... I still have my big grow I'm getting my light rail 5 for... Thanks for answering the question though bro I appreciate it... :thanks: :goodjob:

It's actually easy in the winter and I don't use it as much during the summer... I was just wondering with your experience installing if you think it would run right on a sideways angle... I don't think it would cause from what I could see I think it would unevenly distribute the weight... the heat issue is why I was thinking of the light rail for that one though cause with half the lights it would be a lot less of an issue...

you would need some major MaGyvering bro, the rail isnt set up for the weight distribution. Im not saying it cant be done, anything can be done but I wouldnt even try it myself.

That's what's so awesome about the ez-cloner... set and forget... two weeks later awesome clones... sometimes I wish they made full systems like that but then there really wouldn't be any fun... LOL.

alot can go wrong in a grow cycle. 2 weeks in a cloner is pretty nonproblematic.

Back
Top Bottom