Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

High Bandit, man you know how to have a happy holiday :thumb:

I love that chunky coco, haven't seen it around here... ahhh, more research ;)

I hope you don't mind that I linked your coco prep picture essay to the coco thread... worth a 1000 words...

Didn't see, but do you rinse your coco?

Sure looks like you're all geared up for great new year :yummy:

:peace:

High Bandit, man you know how to have a happy holiday :thumb:

I love that chunky coco, haven't seen it around here... ahhh, more research ;)

I hope you don't mind that I linked your coco prep picture essay to the coco thread... worth a 1000 words...

Didn't see, but do you rinse your coco?

Sure looks like you're all geared up for great new year :yummy:

High HB!
No problem on the pic Bro! Glad it could help!

I should have added all this to those pics but I spaced it. Here's how I prep my coco!

No I dont rinse the coco with a hose or anything like that. I just pour the two buckets of the mild precharge solution into the tub to bring the coco back to life.
After it's all fluffy I get down and break it all up and mix it. You have to be thorough when blending it so there's no clumps of dry stuff and to make sure the coir is blended good with the chips.
Then I let it sit for a day to marinate in the precharge solution.
When it comes time to use it I get big double hand fulls out of the tub and sqeeze it to drain excess solution off. After I sqeeze it like a big wet sponge I put it in a 5 gallon bucket to take into the grow room and pot up the clones.

Your local hydroshop should be able to get the block of coco chips. If they can get Hydrofarm gear they can get the chips. It's probably just a matter of time.
The coco craze has spread like wildfire here. Pallets of soils & clay rocks sit in back of the warehouse now while coco of all textures and grades is flying off the shelves at the local supply warehouse. I was lucky to get that one block. I need six for bloom so now I have to call the shop everyday to get a jump on the next shipment that comes in
:lot-o-toke:

Thanks Bandit, I'm going to copy that prep piece to the coco journal, too.

And as far as chunky availability, I'm pretty sure I've bought the only block of coco in the last 6 months from our grow shop :)

How many grows do use the coco for, and then what do you do with it? I've read 3 grows, I'm guessing it would still do some good in the garden after that?

ohhh, cocktail time, L8r :ganjamon:

Thanks Bandit, I'm going to copy that prep piece to the coco journal, too.

And as far as chunky availability, I'm pretty sure I've bought the only block of coco in the last 6 months from our grow shop :)

How many grows do use the coco for, and then what do you do with it? I've read 3 grows, I'm guessing it would still do some good in the garden after that?

ohhh, cocktail time, L8r :ganjamon:

mmmmmm! happy hour! I'm down!

This is only my second grow with coco. I did'nt save any of the mix from the first grow but it was obvious to me that I could have.
I dumped all of the root balls in a compost heap but there was a lot of coco that came loose and could have been reused. I'm kicking myself a bit for it now. Next time I chop I'm gonna be more careful to not just dump it like it was soil. I've read that it can be used for up to three grows and that's from those that produce it. You would think GH would be telling folks they need to buy fresh stuff every grow but they dont.
One thing i noticed that kinda cool is that there was zero salt build up on the medium like you see with hydroton & rockwool.

Hi Bandit, dont know how I missed all this fun! But I am here now! Horse got me over here with the coco tutorial!
And of course I have a question. I asked on my thread the otherday. Hubby and I know nothing about vaporizers. He smoked with one the other day while out visiting. It was an Arizer. He does not know how it worked, but liked smoking out of it. No coughing, (which he has been doing more often) He cares nothing for style or looks... no one near us smokes. Needs easy to clean, easy to smoke (problems with fingers). Any opinions, from anyone welcome.

Hi Bandit, dont know how I missed all this fun! But I am here now! Horse got me over here with the coco tutorial!
And of course I have a question. I asked on my thread the otherday. Hubby and I know nothing about vaporizers. He smoked with one the other day while out visiting. It was an Arizer. He does not know how it worked, but liked smoking out of it. No coughing, (which he has been doing more often) He cares nothing for style or looks... no one near us smokes. Needs easy to clean, easy to smoke (problems with fingers). Any opinions, from anyone welcome.

Glad to have you stop in Tmac!
I dont know if I could call it a tutorial...more like "look what I did and it worked!" kinda thing :ganjamon:

I'm far from being an expert on vapes but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
I just checked out the Arizers and they're pretty cool! I like the whip model that looks like a hookah but I did'nt get into how they work or what they're made of. The remote control and computer made me freak! ;)

I did a lot of looking around and put my hands on a bunch of different models. Some cheap and some very expensive. For what you're describing in needs/wants I would recomend Da Buddah from 7th Floor.

Da Buddha Vaporizer - Shop & Review Herbal Vaporizers @ VapeNow.com

It's basically the same thing as the Silver Surfer without the flashy glass. Same glass on glass heater cover to wand and the heating element is the same premium unit found on the SSV.
Da Buddahs also have great reviews with a lot of users prefering Da Buddah over Volcanos which are considered to be top of the line.

Whatever you choose I think you'll find that the good vapes are made right here in the good 'ol USA! The hi end vapes being manufactured here are about quality with you the user in mind when they make them. Many of the people making these things are also using them too.

I dont think I can say the same about the vapes coming out of China.

So when you do make that buy please consider supporting some great people like the folks in Colorado Springs (home of 7th Floor) working hard to make sure you have a quality vape over some commies who just assume poison you with a junky vape.
I'm off my soapbox now :ganjamon:
Good luck with your vape hunt Tmac!! :party:

Thanks Bandit, we always shop local/US when we can~~ Will try and make a descion(sp) tomorrow. :hmmmm:That word looks wrong... but totally blanking right now. Never use to have these spelling problems! lol From info tonight I may get the Buddah... but will review again in the morning. BIG :thanks:

The zero salt buildup is interesting. What kind of water do you use? I've got a well, but the total alkylinity is so high that I have to cut it 3/1 w/ distilled, or city water I truck in.

I can't remember what nutes you're feeding. Cal/mag? End Flush?

Thanks,

The zero salt buildup is interesting. What kind of water do you use? I've got a well, but the total alkylinity is so high that I have to cut it 3/1 w/ distilled, or city water I truck in.

I can't remember what nutes you're feeding. Cal/mag? End Flush?

Thanks,

Howdy HB!
I'm using my tap water for everything. We have city water that's not too bad at all. ppm of about 160 & ph at 8.0. My last water quality report was pretty good. Little high in nitrates but i think that's a good thing for plants.

I'm using Floranova nutes as the base. my addititves are Floralicious Concentrate, FloraNectar, and Plant Success Soluble which is a mycorrhizae and other beneficials innoculant. I suspect the beneficials are responsible for the salt and other residues clean up.

My flush is simple. For my quazi hempy buckets I use plain tap, no ph adjustments for about ten days before chop. Three days before chop is when I give them a heavy flush of clean water.
For my ebb&flo I simply drain the rez and refill it with plain water 10 days prior to chop. I continue the regular flood cycles with the plain water with no heavy flush at the end
:hookah:

Howdy HB!
I'm using my tap water for everything. We have city water that's not too bad at all. ppm of about 160 & ph at 8.0. My last water quality report was pretty good. Little high in nitrates but i think that's a good thing for plants.

I'm using Floranova nutes as the base. my addititves are Floralicious Concentrate, FloraNectar, and Plant Success Soluble which is a mycorrhizae and other beneficials innoculant. I suspect the beneficials are responsible for the salt and other residues clean up.

My flush is simple. For my quazi hempy buckets I use plain tap, no ph adjustments for about ten days before chop. Three days before chop is when I give them a heavy flush of clean water.
For my ebb&flo I simply drain the rez and refill it with plain water 10 days prior to chop. I continue the regular flood cycles with the plain water with no heavy flush at the end
:hookah:

Hay Bandit, I'm glad I asked...I'd thought the mycorrhizae was only good in dirt. Even with all those toys, your system is so simple... niiiice :thumb:

Thanks,

Hay Bandit, I'm glad I asked...I'd thought the mycorrhizae was only good in dirt. Even with all those toys, your system is so simple... niiiice :thumb:

Thanks,

You figured out my secret lol!
It all looks so complex but yeah Bro, I think my garden is really one of the most basic and simple to operate gardens around. I've got the whole thing to almost run on auto pilot it's so ez. Give me some time I could probably train my dog to run it all! :Rasta:

Glad to have you stop in Tmac!
I dont know if I could call it a tutorial...more like "look what I did and it worked!" kinda thing :ganjamon:

I'm far from being an expert on vapes but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
I just checked out the Arizers and they're pretty cool! I like the whip model that looks like a hookah but I did'nt get into how they work or what they're made of. The remote control and computer made me freak! ;)

I did a lot of looking around and put my hands on a bunch of different models. Some cheap and some very expensive. For what you're describing in needs/wants I would recomend Da Buddah from 7th Floor.

Da Buddha Vaporizer - Shop & Review Herbal Vaporizers @ VapeNow.com

It's basically the same thing as the Silver Surfer without the flashy glass. Same glass on glass heater cover to wand and the heating element is the same premium unit found on the SSV.
Da Buddahs also have great reviews with a lot of users prefering Da Buddah over Volcanos which are considered to be top of the line.

Whatever you choose I think you'll find that the good vapes are made right here in the good 'ol USA! The hi end vapes being manufactured here are about quality with you the user in mind when they make them. Many of the people making these things are also using them too.

I dont think I can say the same about the vapes coming out of China.

So when you do make that buy please consider supporting some great people like the folks in Colorado Springs (home of 7th Floor) working hard to make sure you have a quality vape over some commies who just assume poison you with a junky vape.
I'm off my soapbox now :ganjamon:
Good luck with your vape hunt Tmac!! :party:

I have the Arizer and it cannot be topped, digital heat control, 3 speed fan and a complete set of extra glassware and whip. I bought a new unit on ebay for $210.00. Best unti made IMHO

I have the Arizer and it cannot be topped, digital heat control, 3 speed fan and a complete set of extra glassware and whip. I bought a new unit on ebay for $210.00. Best unti made IMHO

Thanks for the input Placerville!
I checked out a few more Arizers since Tmac stopped in and they are pretty sweet!
I'm glad you mentioned ebay because it was'nt untill a couple days ago I saw that ebay has all sorts of vapes and parts for reasonable prices. I even saw a few used hi end vapes being auctioned.
I found some amazing glass pieces for my SSV on ebay too. One should be here today and hopefully the other will be here tommorow. I'm also waiting on a new yellow base to get here. This thing will look like a crazy hot rod vape when I'm done with it!:Rasta:

I'm loving my silver surfer! I really like vaping this Grapegod strain. It has a really sweet pear flavor that comes out clean in the vape. Then it's a really strong night time smoke so when I take a few vape hits at the end of the day it sends me off into lala land :Rasta:

Thanks for the input Placerville!
I checked out a few more Arizers since Tmac stopped in and they are pretty sweet!
I'm glad you mentioned ebay because it was'nt untill a couple days ago I saw that ebay has all sorts of vapes and parts for reasonable prices. I even saw a few used hi end vapes being auctioned.
I found some amazing glass pieces for my SSV on ebay too. One should be here today and hopefully the other will be here tommorow. I'm also waiting on a new yellow base to get here. This thing will look like a crazy hot rod vape when I'm done with it!:Rasta:

I'm loving my silver surfer! I really like vaping this Grapegod strain. It has a really sweet pear flavor that comes out clean in the vape. Then it's a really strong night time smoke so when I take a few vape hits at the end of the day it sends me off into lala land :Rasta:

There are alot of vapers out there but the most important thing is a controlled temp. That is why we buy them, not to breath in the bad shit. I tested the temp control and it was within 5 degree of posted output temp. THC vapes at around 380-400 degrees (depending on the sze of the trics), any higher you in danger of breathing in some bad dodo IMHO.

Today i had to do some rearranging with the veg cab & clones. I was'nt too happy with the coverage of the 2' 8 bulb light on the mover so I swapped it out for an overwhelming 4' 6 bulb light. These lights dont come with Hydrofarms top of the line bulbs so they will be switched to the Quantum bulbs for the next crop.

I'm also losing a couple clones. I think I abused them too much during transplant and they just cant recover. The good thing is that they're back up plants. The bad thing is if one or more of the 1st team plants goes down there will be vacancies for this round of the sog. Not cool.

IMG_12877.JPG

Hi Bandit and Placer, my friend got her bf an arizer extreme from ebay for xmas paid $164.00. That is what my hub tried. I am torn between the arizer and the budda. He is pretty much a solitaire smoker 99% of the time. Used to single toking out of a pipe. I have heard the vapor genie (pipe) is good for that type of smoking also... what is a girl to do.... I do appreciate all the input to this subject. I tried to look them up on the forum.... we dont have a real thread that deals with vaporizers...maybe we should start one. When I googled them saw all sorts of threads on other 420 forums. Name it , "just stop in and tell us about your vaporizer"!! Thanks guys....

Hi Bandit and Placer, my friend got her bf an arizer extreme from ebay for xmas paid $164.00. That is what my hub tried. I am torn between the arizer and the budda. He is pretty much a solitaire smoker 99% of the time. Used to single toking out of a pipe. I have heard the vapor genie (pipe) is good for that type of smoking also... what is a girl to do.... I do appreciate all the input to this subject. I tried to look them up on the forum.... we dont have a real thread that deals with vaporizers...maybe we should start one. When I googled them saw all sorts of threads on other 420 forums. Name it , "just stop in and tell us about your vaporizer"!! Thanks guys....

High Tmac!
That sound like a great thread idea! I was just now using mine and was thinking it would be cool to have a vape thread and to show some detailed pics.
I want to take some pics before and after of my herb when it gets vaped to have somebody like Placerville double check to make sure I'm getting it right. A vape thread would be a great place for something like that...especially since most of the portables like the Vapor Genie & Lite Flite use a simple method to vape.

High Tmac!
That sound like a great thread idea! I was just now using mine and was thinking it would be cool to have a vape thread and to show some detailed pics.
I want to take some pics before and after of my herb when it gets vaped to have somebody like Placerville double check to make sure I'm getting it right. A vape thread would be a great place for something like that...especially since most of the portables like the Vapor Genie & Lite Flite use a simple method to vape.

If I am vaping solo I do not use the fan, and I pull a hit when I need one.

I found these threads.... but it is older.... no photos on any of these, which I think would be very helpful... the one happy kitty started might be a good one to use...these are in the lounge under General 420 talk

The Joy of Vaporizing

Best vaporizer for under 300

Vapor lovers unite

Thanks Tmac!
I saw the less than $300 thread last week but never saw the others. I'll post pics of mine when it's finished in Happy Kitty's thread but I'll post it's metamorphosis here.
Yesterday the new base and a real nice heater cover got here. Today a crazy looking knob will be here. I also might start some pinstiping work today.
The water filter I want costs more than the vape itself so that will be a few weeks of working overtime before i snatch it up.
When it's done it will quite possibly be the most eccentric vape ever lol!

Last night my wife and i took it out on the deck along with a telescope. What an experience! Everything becomes really vivid! Music is super crisp. I highly recommend the Doors while vaping!
Looking at celestial bodies thru the telescope on a vape high is quite the thing too. Nothing like looking at vapor trails while vaporizing!!
It was freezing outside so we needed to run it a little bit hotter than normal. I think the cold air slowed down the vaporization of the thc so the herb went a little further than normal too. Like maybe an extra 4 hits per packing.

We love this thing! So far i've tried all four strains i have on hand thru it. Grapegod is the only one i can taste on the exhale with it's pear/fruit cup like flavor.
OG Kush, WW, & Yumbolt all vaped without any flavor but you can still smell a lite skunky odor on the exhale. I tried to vape some bubblehash but it's slow going with small hits. I think I might need to turn it up kinda high to get the hash to vaporize idk.
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom