Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

Is'nt that a bitch Bro!!

I've been complaining for a few years now that there needs to be 2 footers in both the Quantums and T5VHOs

some day Bro, some day....:tokin:

I don't know, I may have to check the dimensions on some of the Quantums to see if I can fit a 4' fixture. Maybe a nice little gift for me once Uncle Sam gives me my money back!! :lot-o-toke:

If I can, then my light footprint will far exceed the space that I have. :thumb:

*EDIT* Just checked and I can fit the 4' 6 bulb fixture perfectly. And this would more than double my lumen output.

I don't know, I may have to check the dimensions on some of the Quantums to see if I can fit a 4' fixture. Maybe a nice little gift for me once Uncle Sam gives me my money back!! :lot-o-toke:

If I can, then my light footprint will far exceed the space that I have. :thumb:

You might be able to swing it! A lot of the 4' T5s are not really 4'. I'm not sure about the Quantum Bad Boy but my Sun System is actually 47" long and the tubes are really 45" long.
As long as the fixture is'nt touching the walls of a tent or anything else flamable it should be fine.
More light = Bigger buds!! :Rasta:

You might be able to swing it! A lot of the 4' T5s are not really 4'. I'm not sure about the Quantum Bad Boy but my Sun System is actually 47" long and the tubes are really 45" long.
As long as the fixture is'nt touching the walls of a tent or anything else flamable it should be fine.
More light = Bigger buds!! :Rasta:

The dimensions I found say 3.5" x 18" x 46.25". My grow room footprint is about 23" x 48". I think I can swing it. It will run me around $350 for the unit, 2 boxes of bulbs and shipping, so I just need to wait for taxes!

And bigger buds is what we are here for right?? :ganjamon:

The dimensions I found say 3.5" x 18" x 46.25". My grow room footprint is about 23" x 48". I think I can swing it. It will run me around $350 for the unit, 2 boxes of bulbs and shipping, so I just need to wait for taxes!

And bigger buds is what we are here for right?? :ganjamon:

You may be able to save some $ building a custom light!!!

Hydrofarm makes single strip T5HOs in 2' & 4'. The 2 footers I have are actually 22.5" so I'm sure that the 4 footers are an inch or two under 48.

The coolest feature of these single strip T5s is that they come with special hardware and connector cords to connect multiple lights to build a custom light specifically for your particular grow room.
The light can be built like a panel that we buy ready built but they can also be connected back to back, side to back, and a myriad of other options. The possibilites with these lights is only limited by your imagination.

A 4' single strip & reflector kit will run about $40 but I'm sure there's more to be saved by buying multiple lights and hunting for deals....

A package of 6 single strips would be about $200 and then a box of 8 Quantum tubes would be an additional $65.
However the single strips come with Hydrofarm's best tubes so you could just wait until they fade after a crop or two and then replace the tubes with Quantums :Rasta:

You may be able to save some $ building a custom light!!!

Hydrofarm makes single strip T5HOs in 2' & 4'. The 2 footers I have are actually 22.5" so I'm sure that the 4 footers are an inch or two under 48.

The coolest feature of these single strip T5s is that they come with special hardware and connector cords to connect multiple lights to build a custom light specifically for your particular grow room.
The light can be built like a panel that we buy ready built but they can also be connected back to back, side to back, and a myriad of other options. The possibilites with these lights is only limited by your imagination.

A 4' single strip & reflector kit will run about $40 but I'm sure there's more to be saved by buying multiple lights and hunting for deals....

A package of 6 single strips would be about $200 and then a box of 8 Quantum tubes would be an additional $65.
However the single strips come with Hydrofarm's best tubes so you could just wait until they fade after a crop or two and then replace the tubes with Quantums :Rasta:

Well I guess it looks like I have a bit more research to do! Thanks Bandit, I had no idea they made those. Basically right now I am waiting to harvest my first plant in this grow space. After curing and seeing what kind of density I got from this grow, I will figure out where I want to go from there. Who knows, maybe I am doing just fine with what I've got. But then again, a little more never hurt!!

Well I guess it looks like I have a bit more research to do! Thanks Bandit, I had no idea they made those. Basically right now I am waiting to harvest my first plant in this grow space. After curing and seeing what kind of density I got from this grow, I will figure out where I want to go from there. Who knows, maybe I am doing just fine with what I've got. But then again, a little more never hurt!!

Excellent plan of attack!!

I dont know why Hydrofarm is so mum about the single strips. They really only advertise them as singles for seed starting & orchids.
I did'nt even know they connected to each other until I got them home.
I guess Hydrofarm wants to keep a little quiet on these lights since growers can save $ building their own lights over buying one of their big lights ready built
:tokin:

Excellent plan of attack!!

I dont know why Hydrofarm is so mum about the single strips. They really only advertise them as singles for seed starting & orchids.
I did'nt even know they connected to each other until I got them home.
I guess Hydrofarm wants to keep a little quiet on these lights since growers can save $ building their own lights over buying one of their big lights ready built
:tokin:

That's probably the case. Because I just checked them out on hydrofarms site and wow. There really is no limit to what you could configure with those lights. I'm really surprised this is the first time I have seen them. Now to find a local retailer who isn't going to try and make a bonus off of me!

We see and learn something new here every day dont we! lol :lot-o-toke:

Here's a couple stock pics of these lights connected to give a visual to anybody reading this....

T5_daisy_chain.jpg

Standard side by side here but they can be piggy backed to one another or positioned in an L shape.
With four they can be squared up to have light on all four sides to drop down in a canopy for inner/side lighting for monster plants. With three they can be arranged in a triangle for a menage a trois haymaker :Rasta:

T5_single.jpg

The reflector kit has all the hardware so you must buy both the light strip and the reflector kit.

Well last night the Winter greenhouse grow experiment was dealt a big blow. We had a pretty good freezing wind storm rip thru here yesterday. The wind snapped a big branch off a tree which then crashed thru the roof of my greenhouse right above the two plants.
After the tree branch came freezing rain. One of the girls was hammered by the carnage while the other held her ground and fought it out.
I'm not sure the wilted one make it. She has some freeze burn all over and just does'nt look happy at all but she also has a few perky spots so idk. The other one, well she's a fighter...

IMG_12105.JPG

But with the bad comes the good. With death comes life....

IMG_12065.JPG

IMG_12089.JPG

my first run with an ez cloner :Rasta:

IMG_12092.JPG

Mamas snug as a bug in a rug with no worries of freezing rain :yummy:

Thanks Smokey!!
The clones will be going to veg tommorow! Details & pics coming afterwards!

The Quantum tubes arrived today!!
WOW! What a first impression they layed on me!!
The first thing was the case/box that they come in. Very secure and very sturdy! Storing 8 4' T5 tubes can be a pain but having the nice case makes it simple with no worries of broken bulbs.

Next was do they fit and do they work in my Sun System light?
Absolutely Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Rasta:

Then the eye ball test...How do they look?
Compared to the Hydrofarm tubes.....Twice as bright! No joke!!
These Quantum T5HO tubes are bright like a HPS bulb!

But what about the cheapo light meter? What does it say?
Needle goes off the gauge @ a distance of 12" under the Quantum tubes. Hydrofarm tubes get the same reading at 3"

I cant wait to see my girls under these lights and the MelonHeads at the same time. Hopefully this combo will fulfill my dream of colas the size of footballs! :tokin:

IMG_12272.JPG

Hey Bandit your going to need cattle scales to weight the buds.How many watts total will that make? I'll send you a spare welding hood:lot-o-toke::thumb::peacetwo:

HH

1076 watts my friend! I guess the ez way would have been to just use a single 1K HPS and call it quits but you know me, I gotta do it a little tricked out!
I'll plug it all into the killawatt meter later to find out what the real wattage is with lights, blowers, and ballast fan running.

I'm already hunting for an 8" blower to use on the MelonHeads. The sixer I have in there now cools the lights down pretty good but having the 6" to 8" duct adapter makes it a bitch to raise and lower the system (no flexibility) and I figure the extra oomph in heat exaust cant hurt anything.
I found a good looking blower made by CAP. It's an 8" Valueline blower that pushes around 750cfm so that will more than likely be the next upgrade.

IMG_12467.JPG

IMG_12475.JPG

IMG_12532.JPG

IMG_12543.JPG

Speaking of welders mask I've been kicking around another grand plan!
I'm thinking of getting a welder, mig or arc, not sure yet. I would realy like to build some sort of frame structure for the light system to be mounted.

You can see in the pic how there are 8 adjusting points for the whole lighting array. Right now i have to adjust each one a little at a time to raise or lower the entire system.
I think it would be super cool to have them all mounted the way they are, but instead of hanging from the rafters they hang from a steel frame and the steel frame has the ability to move up and down and lock in place. It would take some serious designing with pulleys or tracks of some sort but then I would want to connect an ATV winch to the whole thing and use the winch to raise and lower the light system. The end result would be a powered multi light hanging system that could be controlled with a remote control! :Rasta:

SkunkWorks innovations never stop my friends! :hookah:

Hay Bandit,

I'm loving your t5 tutorial. Those Hydrofarm clip together singles are just regular T5, right? not HO or VHO?

And the Quantums are HO?

I heard a lot of good things about Ushio mh/hps bulbs and see they make some 3000k T5HOs with 2000 lumens. Ever use them?

I've got 5 2' Sun Blaze T5HOs, and I'd like to flower with 3 of them.

Your new lighting set up is gonna make your buds pop :Rasta:

:peace:

1076 watts my friend! I guess the ez way would have been to just use a single 1K HPS and call it quits but you know me, I gotta do it a little tricked out!
I'll plug it all into the killawatt meter later to find out what the real wattage is with lights, blowers, and ballast fan running.

I'm already hunting for an 8" blower to use on the MelonHeads. The sixer I have in there now cools the lights down pretty good but having the 6" to 8" duct adapter makes it a bitch to raise and lower the system (no flexibility) and I figure the extra oomph in heat exaust cant hurt anything.
I found a good looking blower made by CAP. It's an 8" Valueline blower that pushes around 750cfm so that will more than likely be the next upgrade.

IMG_12467.JPG

IMG_12475.JPG

Speaking of welders mask I've been kicking around another grand plan!
I'm thinking of getting a welder, mig or arc, not sure yet. I would realy like to build some sort of frame structure for the light system to be mounted.

You can see in the pic how there are six adjusting points for the whole lighting array. Right now i have to adjust each one a little at a time to raise or lower the entire system.
I think it would be super cool to have them all mounted the way they are, but instead of hanging from the rafters they hang from a steel frame and the steel frame has the ability to move up and down and lock in place. It would take some serious designing with pulleys or tracks of some sort but then I would want to connect an ATV winch to the whole thing and use the winch to raise and lower the light system. The end result would be a powered light hanging system that could be controlled with a remote control! :Rasta:

SkunkWorks innovations never stop my friends! :hookah:

I sure like your set up,my last grow(LAW and Clones),i used two 400w it paid off in yield ,as soon as my bag seed project gets old enough i will use the two 400's again.

also like you idea of tying you lites together.SkunksWorks ROCKS>:blunt:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS>:smokin::peacetwo:

HH

Hay Bandit,

I'm loving your t5 tutorial. Those Hydrofarm clip together singles are just regular T5, right? not HO or VHO?

And the Quantums are HO?

I heard a lot of good things about Ushio mh/hps bulbs and see they make some 3000k T5HOs with 2000 lumens. Ever use them?

I've got 5 2' Sun Blaze T5HOs, and I'd like to flower with 3 of them.

Your new lighting set up is gonna make your buds pop :Rasta:

Thanks Bro!
All the T5s i'm working with are indeed T5HO. I may slip and just write T5 but they're all HOs & I'm the pimp. :Rasta:

Those Hydrofarm lights are T5HO and they come with 6500K tubes. The 2' lights are 24 watts, 2000 lumens per tube and the 4' lights are 54 watts & 4000 lumens per tube.
I'll have to look up the numbers on the Quantum tubes but they may not be correct for me because I'm not using the Bad Boy light system they were designed for so my lumens here may be less than what a Bad Boy fixture can get out of them. Off the top of my head I want to say they're somewhere around 54 watts and 9000 lumens per tube but I'm not sure on that.

I sure like your set up,my last grow(LAW and Clones),i used two 400w it paid off in yield ,as soon as my bag seed project gets old enough i will use the two 400's again.

also like you idea of tying you lites together.SkunksWorks ROCKS>:blunt:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS>:smokin::peacetwo:

HH

Thanks Brother HH!!
You and yours have a blessed new year too!!
Hopefully 2011 will treat the Horns & Tide a little better than 2010.
Wait what am i talking about...y'all hauled in the title in 2010...freakin' stinkers! lol! good luck against MSU!! :Rasta:

Re: Happy New Year 420!

IMG_12368.JPG

Here's to a skunky 2011!
Much respect to all the growers posting their danky gardens! I wish I could burn one of these hash joints with all of you!

:peacetwo:

Oh, the florescent decisions :lot-o-toke:

Ya know, I think I see a little gleam in Tricky's eye... he finally looks happy!

And man, a hash joint sure sounds tasty... and it is the thought that counts ;)

A Nuggy New Year to you, too :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom