The VipersNest Continuous

Your journal was great, we have encountered alot of the same problems.......actually all of them LOL. I still have so much to learn.
I will be watching your journal and sure be going back thru it for refrence.
+rep if i didn't already

Hrmm... What do you mean at it's closest... are they angled away from eachother? I'd assume they run completely parallel with eachother with a steady distance... the reason I was asking is because I'm not sure weather to go with two intellidrive 3.5's or 1 5... I like the 5 better but you have more options with distance between the lights with the 3.5's... If I'm reading the specs right the length of the crossbar is adjustable from 81" to 87" to 93". which from end to end the min would be 6.75' but on the 5 the lights are turned the other way which if you assume 2' to 2.5' of each side of the bar taken by the light that would put approx. 2.75' to 1.75' from one light to the other or at the crossbars max 7.75' the distance between the lights would be approx. 3.75' to 2.75'

So I guess a better question would be... what's the distance between your lights? LOL... sorry man... I tend to over analize to ensure I'll be satisfied with the end result... Thanks man...

If I were starting out Id get the 5.0. I have 2 of the 3.5's.
I keep my lamps 6" off the plants.

WOW Viper and you are disappointed :laugh: if thats disappointment than my 2 harvests have been dismull :sorry:No trashed..I will be reading much more on your thread........:thanks:

If I were starting out Id get the 5.0. I have 2 of the 3.5's.
I keep my lamps 6" off the plants.

Yeah... I think that's what I'm gonna do... I told my Equipment supplier to hook me up with the 5.0 but apparently both Hydrofarm and R&M are out of them... I'm ready now... He called like an hour ago and said he tracked one down for me but it'll take till next Friday to get it... Grrrrr...

I was talking about the distance between the lights... if you measured from one reflector to the other... I was just wondering what you had those spaced at? :)

Thanks man,
H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon: :peace:

I have seen successful grows online where you simply cross the footprints even on the edge of each light (at the distance you are gonna use from tops), they get light from both sides and tend to grow as fast or faster than the plants under the center point of the light.

Just my two cents. Movers are such an incredible boost to yield per watt, major growers are silly if they don't use them. Anyone know of a downside to them? :peace:

I have seen successful grows online where you simply cross the footprints even on the edge of each light (at the distance you are gonna use from tops), they get light from both sides and tend to grow as fast or faster than the plants under the center point of the light.

Just my two cents. Movers are such an incredible boost to yield per watt, major growers are silly if they don't use them. Anyone know of a downside to them? :peace:

thats why movers have an adjustable delay....prevents uneven growth. There is nothing negative at all

Hey PitViper, I didn't notice...are you using RO? Also, since I am setting up the same system(s), I was wondering if you minded a PM or 2 from me with more specific questions

Im not on R/O...I have good well water ph is 5.8 and aprox 225 ppm. ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME

Yeah... I think that's what I'm gonna do... I told my Equipment supplier to hook me up with the 5.0 but apparently both Hydrofarm and R&M are out of them... I'm ready now... He called like an hour ago and said he tracked one down for me but it'll take till next Friday to get it... Grrrrr...

I was talking about the distance between the lights... if you measured from one reflector to the other... I was just wondering what you had those spaced at? :)

Thanks man,
H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon: :peace:

No problem....I misunderstood you. I never measured the gap but its aprox 14"
1_9_1.jpg

Do you know of any others using this system? Other than OGD?

Do you mean the EbbnGrow? I know some.
Styx,Mr.Smith,McBudz,OGD,Slosmokin..Im having a mindfart on 2 others.....no offense brothers.

:ganjamon:

Yeah... I know but I didn't know what that distance would be and the lightrail 5 isn't that adjustable it only has three different distances for the crossbar so I didn't want to pay out the but for it and then find out the distance I need isn't one of those three... LOL.

I've never used a mover before... everyone I talked to said it increased bloom time but I don't have enough lights or the money to add more since I'm paying so much to my damn lawyer... so I figured I'd find out for myself... LOL.

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

No problem....I misunderstood you. I never measured the gap but its aprox 14"
1_9_1.jpg

Thanks bro... much love. :thanks:

Hey pit, I thought I saw in previous pics but correct me if I'm wrong... you use chains to lower the lights... Is there any swing from the reflectors when they reach the end of the rail? Just wondering how close I can end it to a wall... LOL.

Thanks bro... much love. :thanks:

Hey pit, I thought I saw in previous pics but correct me if I'm wrong... you use chains to lower the lights... Is there any swing from the reflectors when they reach the end of the rail? Just wondering how close I can end it to a wall... LOL.

I use jack chain to hang my lights, I had to remove the chain to get the most height at the end of the grow. There is absolutely no lamp swing due to those aluminum struts (robostix)they are an option to the movers

I use jack chain to hang my lights, I had to remove the chain to get the most height at the end of the grow. There is absolutely no lamp swing due to those aluminum struts (robostix)they are an option to the movers

I'll have to look into the robostix... I've heard of them... but what's jack chain? Thanks bro...

Holy Shit Pit,

Haven't been able to get on line for awhile now and it took a few to read up on the op. Sorry to hear about your issues, but the results look fantastic. Can't wait for the final report on things. :goodjob:

Cowboy

Back
Top Bottom