TheDude1337 First Grow In Soil: 5 Strains

Day 26 Update
My first through when I opened the tent today was "The LST, It does nothing". I thought for sure that the girls had bent the ties back straight as they all looked perky and straight. Once I took them out for photos I did notice that they all had started to bend. They are all getting very bushy right now and to be honest I'm not sure how to do further lst at this point. So I will simply adjust them sideways until the under brush gets a bit bigger so I can train that to where I want.

Pineapple Kush
The topping looks like it might have worked. I see what appears to be 2 new shoots staring. So I will monitor that closely. The thing that shocked me here was that it appears she had her best night of growth yet. She curled right around the tie and had a bunch of growth under her canopy.

White Widow
It looks like the FIM might have worked. Though it is likely still to early to tell. There appears to be 4 new colas appearing at the top of this girl. If so that would be a wonderful turn of events. She had a good night of growth as well. Very exciting.

Euphoria
She bent upwards overnight. Her canopy got larger and she is thicker under the skirt. I see a bit of a trend here. I pulled her over again and tightened the tie on her. It looks like she has 2 new shoots coming out up top.

Critical
I have still not done any lst to her yet. I still feel like her stem is too weak. So I will wait another day or two for it. She appears to have recovered nicely though. I don't see any new growth on her topped area yet, but I expect that will come in the next 24 hours.

Amnesia Auto
She has quite a bend to her now. I wasn't expecting results this quickly. The growth last night was fantastic. I don't see any growth at the topped area yet on her. I do see a bunch of growth underneath though.

Thoughts
I noticed that the ladies were standing straight up and their leaves looked vibrant when the light was on. They look rather droopy now, and all of the black fabric planters feel dry right now. The Dollarama special that the White Widow is in is still quite wet. I suspect that has to do with the breath-ability of the fabrics. The soil feels dry, but I can tell it is still damp quite a ways down. I am going to take out a couple gallons of water and let it sit overnight, just in case they need water tomorrow. Overall I'm happy with the progress, so I won't be giving any nutrients if I do water tomorrow. This will be my last feed of water only, as I do need to learn how to use nutrients.
Your thoughts are correct my friend. Just keep bending them in the one direction until something pops up that is big enough to be trained in the opposite direction. The aim is to get as many tops as even as possible to fill out that pot, so look for a top, look for nearest open space and boom

It seems you hit a speedbump but @Pennywise and @Mr. Magoo have been taking good care of you so its all good :) just take it steady and build up those nutes. My dark devil auto is just hitting flower and ive just started feeding full strength after like 6 weeks

Day 27 Update
I took some water out last night and left it out so that the chlorine will evaporate. I have it PH'd to 6.7 and ready to give to the girls just before I head out for the weekend. I did some lst on the critical plant today.

Pineapple Kush

White Widow

Euphoria

Critical

Amnesia Auto

Thoughts
I had to have 4 tires replaced on my camper today. So that put me in a foul mood as it was $500 out of pocket. They appear to have cracked during the heat wave. I did not want to risk blowing a tire and spending 3 hours on the side of the road listening to my wife and screaming kids. Oh well, the camper is packed and we are ready to rock an roll for the weekend. I hope everyone here has fun for the next few days. I'll be checking in on my cell phone whenever I'm bored. Cheers.

A lot of green there Dude! Just curious....how close do your plants sit to the light?

I am at 22" above my plants right now. I plan to raise it up when they start to stretch. I sadly don't have much height in my tent or ability to adjust the height of my lights.

I am at 22" above my plants right now. I plan to raise it up when they start to stretch. I sadly don't have much height in my tent or ability to adjust the height of my lights.
Height is an issue for me too but with the quadline I have been able to keep them short and stocky! Lol

I am on mobile so we will see how an update goes. I will put the text in this post and update with some photos in the next post. I broke a stem doing let on Euphoria last might. I taped it up, but it looks like it died. My toppings all appear to be fixed now. New tops coming in nicely on all my girls now. Hard to notice much difference in the girls between days now. Very happy with the progress. I suspect my auto will flip sometime within the next 7 days.

It was 40 Celsius with the humidex today. I spent far too much time out in the sun with my kids. They seem to stand up to the heat better than my old ass. I am so beat right now I am posting from my couch instead of going downstairs yo my office.

My wife mentioned she wanted me to make some butter with this stuff when it was done. So I will do that with the trimmings. Anyways, stay tuned for photos in my next post.

Pineapple Kush
20180806_182021.jpg

White Widow
20180806_182057.jpg

Euphoria
20180806_182001.jpg

Critical
20180806_182041.jpg

Amnesia Auto
20180806_182118.jpg

Day 31 Update
Lost power today an hour prior to my night period. I don't think it will have a large effect as the girls still got 17 hours of sunlight. They looked very dry today and the soil was very light. So I gave them some water with 1/4 of the requested nutrients. This is their first drink of nutrients since the fiasco when they were young. The power was out for 2 hours today, and in that time my entire basement started to smell like skunk. Really shocked at the smell these girls make while in the veg stage. All the girls had some growth last night, so I did some more lst with them today. I got a better picture of the broken stem. I pulled it off today.

Pineapple Kush
20180807_161528.jpg 20180807_161534.jpg
White Widow
20180807_161208.jpg 20180807_161429.jpg
Euphoria
20180807_160540.jpg 20180807_160611.jpg
Critical
20180807_161911.jpg
Amnesia Auto
20180807_162109.jpg

Thoughts
I am glad I have a generator around even though I didn't need it today. If I was doing a deep water culture grow, I would be very upset if I lost my plants because of a storm.

I think it was probably time for a little nute action. Good call on the 1/4 strength probably to start. Yeah they will put off a smell when the airs not moving. Lol. I often turn the fan off when I’m in the tent so I can enjoy the smells. I can’t pick out terpenes and recognize specific ones like some of the growers here. I’d like to get to that point. To me it all smells like weed. Lol. Some far better than others of course but still smells like the ganja!

Day 31 Update
I opened the tent today and nothing was dead or looking injured. So that was good. I had the least productive day in a long time today. So that felt great. Been kicking myself in the ass to do things lately, just not as motivated as normal. I hope that changes soon. I have been debating applying for a commercial license to grow this stuff. I have the capital to make a decent run at a 10,000 sqft facility. This has been for the most part, my biggest distraction as of late and something that has been undeniably enjoyable for myself. Without further adieu, here are the girls.

Pineapple Kush
20180808_165819.jpg
White Widow
20180808_170812.jpg
Euphoria
20180808_164843.jpg
Critical
20180808_165832.jpg
Amnesia Auto

20180808_170318.jpg 20180808_170532.jpg

Questions
1. I found some tiny hairs on my Amnesia auto around what I assume would be a bud site. Does this mean my girl is becoming a lady?

2. Should I install my scrog soon if she is maturing? Or let her have free reign to grow until I flip the others?

3. Since she is an auto and I intend to run my other plants for 2 more weeks before flip, should I consider flipping them all now on a 12/12 schedule or keep at 18/6 until the others are ready?

I’ll let someone else chime in on that one. My guess would be to let them veg longer. On the Amnesia....that fan in the center looks big enough that it might be covering bud spots. I’m just asking some of you guys if it would be a good idea to remove it? Never done an auto so I’m curious.

Day 32 Update
They had a good night last night. I opened the tent and the smell is starting to get overwhelming in there. I think Mr.Magoo pointed out in his grow diary that the terpines are supposed to have a distinct smell for each one and that is just smelled like weed to him. I'm in the same boat, these all seem to smell the same right now. Today I did some cleaning of the ladies and made an error on the Eurphoria plant. I tried to pull a leaf instead of snipping it and I pulled the new growth clean off that I was trying to expose. Ooops... live and learn. Things are starting to get dry again, so it looks like some more water for the ladies tomorrow. I think I will jump straight into the bloom nutes for my Amnesia Auto and give the rest the standard stuff at about 1/2 recommended dosage.

Pineapple Kush
20180809.jpg Kush1.jpg
White Widow
20180809_162336.jpg
Euphoria
20180809_160850.jpg 20180809_161738.jpg 20180809_161750.jpg
Critical
20180809_162619.jpg
Amnesia Auto
20180809_162724.jpg 20180809_163100.jpg

Decisions
I've decided to not put the scrog in until I flip all of the ladies. I will just pay close attention to the LST on the Amnesia Auto. I will be flipping the girls on August 19th. That should give me a potential harvest week of October 19th. I know it is not ideal, but I do want to get a 2nd grow in before Christmas. My goal with this grow is 3oz from the 5 plants in total and to learn a bunch along the way. My 2nd grow will be some of my Fastbuds seeds and it will be grown to be given as gifts. If I veg them 2 weeks early in a smaller vegging closet. I should be able to get them cured for Christmas. That is the plan right now.

Small update on my Seedsman order. While their shipping was great, and arrived quickly. The bitcoin bonus seeds never arrived, neither did one of my other freebies. In total, I was missing 9 seeds. I have received in return 500 loyalty points through their service to use on my next order. I will not receive the seeds though. That leaves me short 9 seeds, and after looking at the loyalty points, it is basically 1 free seed on my next order. If you are considering using Seedsman, you may want to contact them prior to paying with bitcoin so that you get the proper amount of seeds.

Back
Top Bottom