Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Are you dissing my potential names !?!?! Hahahha yeah if you couldn't guess those were just the first 2 that came to mind lol. I think I'll come up with something more elegant than Tubitha in due time ;)

Are you dissing my potential names !?!?! Hahahha yeah if you couldn't guess those were just the first 2 that came to mind lol. I think I'll come up with something more elegant than Tubitha in due time ;)
I wouldn't do that. I would only make a suggestion to reconsider. Damn time sure is going by slow waiting for the roots to pop. I wish I had a busy day so I could just come back later and they'd me done.

Also some folks who are doing coco around other journals and who are subbed to mine have strongly recommended I do straight coco. I was thinking 80-20 but I'm gonna do straight coco instead. So many last minute plan changes
Yeah I caught that post also salt build up problems? I know for the hempy bucket I want that nice drainage. But if I go with any non hempy pots I'm aiming more for 10 - 15 % of perlite in my coco. Can you post a link to your journal I haven't been able to find it...

420-magazine-mobile489293303.jpg

I invested in a spray bottle and have been misting her every few hours. I'm kind a thinking she maybe should have gone into a paper towel, but what the hell. Nature doesn't have paper towels right? Humidity was like 60 percent today and only on the rise as this storm rolls through not gonna dome her. As I do not feel it is needed. As soon as she sprouts I plan on changing out the incadesent bulb (just a little extra warmth). I ordered a 45w 6500k cfl that will be paired next to a 20w 5000k and a 12 w 2700k.... at least until the LED is ordered hopefully next Friday :)

Nice!

She'll pop her little head up in no time.

I thought the names were amusing, and fitting for the setup. I mean, this is weeeeed. Haha

It made me giggle after a nice wake n bake. .

She's yours to name as you please. .

Thanks vex. Yeah they were meant more a humorous puns :) but I do agree w. Swag that once she sprouts and I get to know her personality I'll have some better options. We just got a puppy last Monday and it was the same. Sometime you have to meet them / get to know them for the best name :)

Thanks vex. Yeah they were meant more a humorous puns :) but I do agree w. Swag that once she sprouts and I get to know her personality I'll have some better options. We just got a puppy last Monday and it was the same. Sometime you have to meet them / get to know them for the best name :)
That's my plan wait till they show some green before I name them.

Well it's time for another update! I honestly was so excited about getting the S.kush into coco I let the other seed slip to the back of my mind. Well she popped! Or is starting to crack open at least. Since she was bag seed she took longer to drop and apparently needed to absorb a bit more h20. I plan on moving her to a paper towel to let her taproot grow before I plant her. I'm just praying the genetics aren't prone to hermie and she is the result of a cool hybrid unintentionally created by the dispensary..... I can dream right?

Princess kush's debut is very highly anticipated by this dude right here! The 420 germinating guide says 24 hours in h20 then 1/2 inch down in soil 2 inches under florescent light. I let her swim until she cracked 36 hours (or so) then directly to coco perlite mix. Thinking back I wish I started them in 100% coco, but what the heck! I'm sure she will do just fine :) I have been watering more like 4 or 5 times a day as opposed to the 2 times recommended by Robert at 420 because of arridity of substrate. However, I have not been watering to run off just misting the top of the medium. Wish I had a starter cube, but couldnt justify the 20 bucks for only needing 1 or 2. But come clone time I'll by a bag. More to come this evening hopefully. Don't say this often but HAPPY MONDAY!

-Dabber

So I was admittedly a little worried I jinxed myself by saying there would be more to come this evening. But I was wrong.

420-magazine-mobile1375595135.jpg

I hope my new 6500k cfl arrives sooner than later but I'm not too worried :) just happy to see her sticking her neck out!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

-dabber

Slowly starting to stand upright :)

420-magazine-mobile1070145912.jpg

420-magazine-mobile510895586.jpg

Her little baby leaves are starting to develop :) won't water anymore until medium begins to dry. And try and water before lights out so any droplets on the leaves don't act as magnifiers.
Here we growwwww!!!!

-dabber

So looks like the 6500k cfl has yet to ship. Seems how i will likley need more cfls for my clones anyway, I will likely go pick one up Thursday.

The bag seed has yet to be planted but is on the to do for today.

I'll check in later.
-dabber

So I was admittedly a little worried I jinxed myself by saying there would be more to come this evening. But I was wrong.

420-magazine-mobile1375595135.jpg

I hope my new 6500k cfl arrives sooner than later but I'm not too worried :) just happy to see her sticking her neck out!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

-dabber

Yo, am I just elevated, or is that two sprouts in there? Foreground & background? Subbed for the ride!! I just used a 24 hr soak, 24 hr wet pt method to get taps on my 420 blueberry auto. Then to soil..1-1/2 days later came sprout. Gonna be a fun ride. Later man!

Yo, am I just elevated, or is that two sprouts in there? Foreground & background? Subbed for the ride!! I just used a 24 hr soak, 24 hr wet pt method to get taps on my 420 blueberry auto. Then to soil..1-1/2 days later came sprout. Gonna be a fun ride. Later man!
Hey moonshine! Great to have ya along for the ride! Hahah I noticed that one first I was like wait she grew that far laterally? Then I noticed her dead center coming through. I read something this morning that said it's normal for little random sprouts to appear. I get it all the time in my veggie garden, so I'm not sweating it too much... again good to have you along for the ride!

-dabber

Here's a quick shot of the bag seed prior to planting it this morning:)
420-magazine-mobile1989570022.jpg

Ugh. Sad news the wife said we can't afford the led I wanted this paycheck... struggling with what to do now. My instincts say to just buy 1 300 watt equivalent light tomorrow and a second in 2-4 weeks. But seems how I still need florecents for my clones area I'm gonna check some out... also considering just buying a 400 watt HID that can run both MH and HPS but am concerned about the rare electric ballast interference.

Decisions decisions.... better get to it. Updates soon to come. Happy almost labor day weekend!

-dabber

Why do I have to be so damn indecisive.... Went from looking at t5s to adding cfls to my cart back to the "300" watt LED....

Decided I can't wait the 2 weeks (plus however many days it takes to ship) to get her under some REAL light. Hopefully I will be adding 2 6500k cfls by Friday. This hodge podge of 1 5000k and 2 dinky little 2700k isn't cutting it for me. I feel like the growth rate isn't what it could be.... or should be, or maybe I'm nuts, who knows.

Happy to say that vex and a few of the other good folks on his thread recommended sensi cal mag xtra. It is in the cart and shouldn't take long to arrive when ordered late tonight / tomorrow.

Now for a quick update pic.

420-magazine-mobile2061578919.jpg

After spending the day gawking at Catalina, vexs areo/hydro masterpiece that just went into flower, I know it's not much to look at. But it makes me very happy to think what she will become :)

Hoping little bag-seederella makes her debut tonight while I'm cooking tasty burgers.

Happy hump day

-dabber

Back
Top Bottom