There's going to be a Canuck invasion, I think

Akephalon

Hi all!

I hate gardening, but with legalization in place here in Canada I figured I might as well save money by building a space bucket and growing my own. I'm planning on getting some White Cookies from Crop King next week that'll go in the space bucket, but I've also happened across a seed in my stash somehow as well as being given two unknown seeds that I'm just planning to grow in my basement under leds.

I'll be putting all of the requisite effort into the White Cookies with LST and all that - the three unknowns will be left to grow as they would normally. I'll just have to keep close watch on the three unknowns to make sure they're not dudes.

I'll definitely be posting grow journals on the lot. I'm looking forward to being part of this community!

Hi and welcome,
It surely must feel good to be able to "come out of the Closet" and grow legally.
We are all here to help out in any way we can. See my signature in the bottom. Lots of info.Links for new...

Welcome to the neighborhood bro..... Congrats on the legalization!!! You should consider starting a grow journal. It's a great way to meet some of our awesome members, and get advice & tips from some of our phenomenal growers.

Ake, welcome from a fellow n00b.member and fellow Canuck :p happy growing!!!

Small update - I bought my seeds yesterday from Crop King in Vancouver. The salesperson recommended that I go with a grow tent rather than a space bucket and she's probably right about that. If I'm going to do this, I may as well do it all out. Now I'm in the market for a tent and all the other crap I'll need.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent kit from Amazon?

Small update - I bought my seeds yesterday from Crop King in Vancouver. The salesperson recommended that I go with a grow tent rather than a space bucket and she's probably right about that. If I'm going to do this, I may as well do it all out. Now I'm in the market for a tent and all the other crap I'll need.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent kit from Amazon?

My tent was the “deluxe” model. 3 feet by 3 feet by 6.5 feet. Free delivery in Canada. I also purchased my carbon filter, fan, LED, and other bits and pieces. I highly recommend the upgraded tent. Thick zippers and plenty of vents. It’s like a gorilla tent without the cost.

So I've been doing some research and pricing out what I can afford and it looks like I'll be getting a kit. I'll be upgrading to the 900w Mars II LED and the 1680D tent because the cheaper options are all sold out. I'll probably be placing my order on the weekend as I'm out of town right now.

I'm pretty excited about this while thing and I'm looking forward to starting my first grow. I'll probably throw 3 out of my 5 White Cookies seeds in the tent and complete by space bucket for one of the unknown seeds that I have - I'd rather not take the chance of growing a male in the tent with my three fems.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I'll be posting a grow journal as soon as I get everything started!

So I've been doing some research and pricing out what I can afford and it looks like I'll be getting this kit from grow lights.ca. I'll be upgrading to the 900w Mars II LED and the 1680D tent because the cheaper options are all sold out. I'll probably be placing my order on the weekend as I'm out of town right now.

I'm pretty excited about this while thing and I'm looking forward to starting my first grow. I'll probably throw 3 out of my 5 White Cookies seeds in the tent and complete by space bucket for one of the unknown seeds that I have - I'd rather not take the chance of growing a male in the tent with my three fems.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I'll be posting a grow journal as soon as I get everything started!
Good lights, we have a MarsHydro rep here. Her name is @SmokeSara .

Welcome to you from an even newer member
I am envious of the new liberties you Canadians have with regards to cannabis.
Canada is my seed source, so I wish the entire north of the border community great luck and high yields!
Welcome Wicked! Jealous of the legalization as well haha :ciao:

Welcome aboard Akephalon! And congrats on the legalization! :green_heart: Mars Hydro have promotion to celebrate Canada's legalization this month for 10% discount on all the lights and tents; You can use coupon: LEGALCA to check out on our website. Hope this helps. :Namaste:

Hello from Ontario Canada. I also was not sure what to purchase for my first indoor grow with soil. After pouring over the many helpful suggestions for a setup, I decided to go with a 4x4x80” Mylar hydroponic tent.
I did a test run in the early spring, using one 600W LED, and one HPS 400.
The Hps light is a life saver here in a cold Canadian basement, while giving my 4 white widows that extra “sunlight”
I harvested over a pound on my first grow, using basic nutrients and a bloom booster once the pistols where about half of my baby finger in length.
The plants far exceeded my expectations in yield and potency. (Started from seed)
Now on my second grow, still using the basics, but added 2 clip on fans for more air circulation as my humidex level was high. I still use a 10” fan indirectly at all times. This has solved the problem :)
The ladies now have entered their bloom stage, after doubling their height from 13” to 24”.
I choose White Widow as it is a hybrid that grows shorter and bushier then the sativa.
Maybe next time I will get brave and grow a sativa with the scrog method that seems very popular.

Hi and welcome to 420 Magazine
WW is going to be awsome
You could still start a grow journal, even if it is later in your grow.
See in my signature, Links for new members.
Let me call in someone who just did the same grow @Dutchman1990 ...

Back
Top Bottom