Theuincnt's Autoflower Grow

Theuincnt

Whats up everyone this is my second grow, and first journal. My first grow started as 5 northern lights af and 5 og kush auto af. One og ended up stunting and was about an inch tall when all the others had their 4th set of nodes so I yanked him. 2 of them stressed to the point that the buds weren't actually buds but super sparse twigs so I kept those aside for cooking. Out of the remaining six i ended up pulling six ounces dry out of, and thats after I cut literally every leaf (even the teeniest tiniest sugar leaves) out of the bud (I had no idea what I was doing, my buddy just said cut every leaf out over the phone and to my own demise I took this statement very literally.) So without further ado here are some pictures of the first grow.
20151215_195118.jpg
20151215_190134.jpg
20151215_190123.jpg
20151215_190110.jpg
20151215_190105.jpg

Specs were 2.5 gallon pots using straight miracle grow organic potting soil. I think one of the main reasons I had such a low yield was due to my soil. I compacted it in 3 inch lifts when I filled the pots and I watered it with too hot of a nutrient solution which stressed them right off the bat. The compaction of the soil allowed for terrible root penetration. When I pulled the stalks out of the pot after cut down I had a lot of roots swirling around the outside of the dirt but very few had found their way actually through the soil. Another problem I believe I had was my temperature. I was right in the sweet spot for the first 4 weeks going from about 80 degrees with lights on and 60 to 65 with lights off then a cold snap came and I wasnt managing to keep enough heat in my grow area as well as overheating. I had several days when the high in my room was up to 88 degrees lights on then it would plummet to 58 at the coolest point.

So here is the new set up. I am starting with six Nirvana seed bank Jock Horror auto flowers, and will be cycling in 6 more after 4 weeks and so on as to crop once a month and also fine tune and tweak the farm as I go.
I use a 1k HPS at 18 on 6 off with two 24watt t5 panels.

I stuck with the Miracle grow organic but I cut it two gallons soil to one gallon perlite. I did a test pot and flushed and it drains about 3 times faster than my previous set up. I will be able to feed much more with this grow than the last one since i couldn't water but every four to five days do to poor root growth and poor drainage.

To correct temperature I ran a six inch fan in line with six inch duct, intaking warm air from close to my furnace and exhausting it into the grow room. I have it on a photocell timer which turns it on when the lights are off and off when lights go out. Hopefully this will keep the temps much closer together. Stay tuned

-TheUinCNT

Looks like a beast dude! .

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom