Second Grow Using 2x2 Tent - 250W HPS/MH

magicmike403

Hi guys,

I am a new member here and this would be my second official grow.

I am a newbie but, i have read tons of information. I am the type of person to research the death of out something that interests me.

When i did my first grow it was at my cousins place in a converted dresser. I got my reflector, ballast, light off ebay and the stuff seemed okay....but what do I know. I initially started from seed and had 2 seeds going. Then i get a message that my friend can get me 1 clone from a very good grower. I ended up taking out the weaker looking plant which i started from seed and then i was set.

For my exhaust I had 2 computer cooling fans where i stripped the wire and connected to those old ac/dc wall plugs. Then I had 1 more fan for the intake. I did not use any ducting. I also had an axial fan in the box for circulation.

For dirt I used pro-mix hp and added in perlite....maybe about 20-30%. i also had the fox farms trip nutrient set. I did not bother with ph because we had a limited budget and getting those 10 dollar ones off ebay was not an option.

anyways, the box was always too hot because my cousin would not take care if the plants that well. I had to go over there daily to adjust temps and such. Every time, I went over to his place the temp in the box was 90 degrees or above. the humidity seems to be okay though. When it was low I would just put in a glass of water with a paper towel hanging halfway out.

I fed them every few days and did the straight water every other feedings. and I believe I flushed the plants out twice in total. in the final week or two I just fed them straight water.

The end result was that the plant from seed turned into a male and I had no clue until a friend came over and pointed it out. Then i was left with one plant and the plant turned out pretty good. From the one plant i got about 35 grams dried! I thought that was awesome considering I didn't ph the water or control the temps too well. This was a very amateur first grow that ended up turning out good.

oh also I did scrog the plants but i did it wrong after doing more research for my second grow.

below are the 2 pics I have from my first grow. I would rate the bud as triple B and if i bought this stuff from my dealer i would not be happy. But since I grew it myself i loved it....maybe some of you feel the same.

of3prm.png

1z2iu8j.png

Now, for my second grow I plan to do things properly. my supplies below
-2x2 grow tent
-4" inline fan (exhaust)
- axial fan (intake)
-carbon filter
-250w hps & mh bulbs
-250w ballast
-sunshine#4, perlite, worm casting, domolite lime
-professional ph tester
-technaflora nutrient set (lost my fox farms stuff and now they dont sell it in my city)
-2 x 5 gallon pots.

I will be growing 2 plants from clone. This will be done in my apartment so stealth is key. I plan to use the filter and ona block for the smell. If the inline fan is too loud i will take it out of my tent and put it in a custom silencer box from the DIY stuff on youtube and google. I will also be properly implementing scrog since the tent is only 4'-6" high and I want to yield more. I am debating if i should top the plants since there is conflicting answers on google. Maybe I will just keep it simple.

I plan to buy all my gear which i have researched in the next few weeks and the approx cost of supplies will be about 500-600 cad.

Will keep you all posted with pics.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom