Thew1sest's First Closet Hydro, SCROG, CFL Journal

Thanks Tmac, ;) and a side note this is day 6 since the clipping was taken

PS: Please if anyone has any ideas on names lets name her, a cute girl who loves purple, doesn't seem to like the name grand daddy. (Don't tell her that)

I'll start first, inspired by sportscenter. Thank you ESPN. Instead of Thee, Ohio State University. "Theee, Original Grand Daddy Purple

:roorrip:

T-mac sold on Phebe! Alright here's the update.

GDP Phebe
Vegging
Day 2
Temperature (F): 79.1 F
Humidity: 44%
Nutrients
No nutes added

101229_164247.jpg

Observations: I felt that the rock-wool cube was sitting to high in the hydroton. So I did the unthinkable and dug the hydroton out and moved it closer to the airstone and water. I felt like I was excavating a fossil, I was extremely careful not to mess any of those delicate roots. I also added in 1/2" boards under the bucket to raise or lower to my desired height. Temps are ok, little high but she seems to be taking to it quite well. The growth should take off now that I adjusted the depth of the cube.

Forgot the picture, looks like shes taking to her new depth quite well.

GDP Phebe

Vegging
Day 3

GDP33.jpg

:smokin:

I also added a small container that I tied to my bucket that is filled with bout 3/4" distilled water, than filled to the top with hydroton. The dried hydroton on top will warm the water at the bottom increasing humidity in my box. It works exactly as planned its in front of my fan to push the moisture to her. Pics of it to come soon!

Ps: Sorry for the bad pics, hopefully I can get a good digital camera to use. I will for flowering for sure to see those budss
:roorrip:

Yes now it is time to wait... the hardest part. Like the humidifer!! I heard crocheting is good for filling in time...plus you will have a little throw for the couch when your done! :tokin:

Alright sorry for the absence!!! I was out of town and could not tend to Phebe like I wished, but had a baby sitter none the less. Now I'll update the facts later but I have a quick problem, I'm hoping its a bit of nute burn since I added nutes since the clones been in. It has the exact same "burn" but in tiny brown spots upon the leaves.

110104_142937.jpg

Again sorry for the crappy pic but you can see the little brown spots just a bit. All temps and humidity have stayed almost the same the past 4 days. I think it might be nutes though since the were introduced since she was in there.

Thanks groGuRoo for the advice, the lights are 5" - 8" away from the plant, That seems to be the perfect range, I have enough cfl's so I'm not worried about putting them that close, I'll sacrifice a few lumens for the heat.

Vegging
Day 8
GDP Phebe
Temperature: 77 F
Humidity: 39%
Nutrients: No nutes added

8242.jpg

110105_143814.jpg

Observations:She seems to be growing quite well. I was the over protective dad again, but it was a little nute burn and shes taking off like a rocket. I swear every few hours shes a little bit bigger. I love watching the new leaf formations appear from the top. It's wonderful to see her take to the environment. Tomorrow I will also be flushing the bucket out and replacing the nutrients and lowering the bucket below the net pot, the roots are growing at a rapid rate, I'm shocked they can grow that fast.

Yes I do have the ScrOG done, it is 2" x 2" square netting. It'll work perfectly I just havent put it in the box yet. I'll throw some pics up when I get a chance, pics are still from my camera phone sorry!

On another note any suggestions on low stress training it? It is staying extremely compact for a plant, (which isn't a bad thing in this case) but should I wait for it to grow a bit more before lst'ing it? It is flexible I've applied pressure to it and it bends just fine.

:smokin: :smokin: :popcorn: :roorrip:

Vegging
Day 9
GDP Phebe
Temperature: 79 F
Humidity: 35%
Nutrients: 3/4 recommended Advanced nutrient Sensi Grow A and B (4ml/L)

110106_163128.jpg

110106_163113.jpg

110106_163051.jpg

Observations:She has her 3rd leaf set and seemed to take to her being bent over just fantastic. She was all the way sideways with no problem and in a few hours has started to go upright again. I also flushed the bucket out and refilled it with 2 gallons distilled water and nutrients added. It seems to be doing just great. Also the hydrotron in the picture covers the net pot all the way it was down for the picture when I tied her down. I also dropped the bucket below the netpot, The roots are going extremely deep I'll be sure to get a picture next time.

Back
Top Bottom