This one has me stumped, yellowing, purpling and curling all at the same time: late flower DWC

Update: Purple Domina isn't getting any better, the root decomposition keeps messing up my water chemistry, now i'm getting slight foaming at the top, indicating a huge ammount of protein in the water. Changed 75% of the water, might have to do this daily untill harvest, hydrozyne arrives tomorrow.

IMG_20220131_182637.jpg

IMG_20220131_182646.jpg
Hey @ShinSeiki hope you are well my friend.
Garden looks great.
Hopefully the hydrozyme helps.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @ShinSeiki hope you are well my friend.
Garden looks great.
Hopefully the hydrozyme helps.

Stay safe
Bill
I'm doing great! Even though i'll be far from fulfiling the potential of my setup, things are on track to harvest at least 1 plant's worth of smokeable bud. Can't wait!

Update: One of the sick plants has completely stalled, the buds are looking more and more deflated and dried up, magnifier shows zero trichomes(the micro hairs that would become trichomes are there, just completely stalled). Hydrazyme arrived today, dosed both sick plants.

So out of the 2 sick plants, Purple domina(not pictured here), while severely underdeveloped, has a chance of producing "something"(low trichome count, but they are there). But the other one(pictured) i'm not so hopeful about as it's not showing any trichomes or improvement for the past 4 weeks. On the other hand, both the tank water plant and the runt(also on 100% tank water) are doing incredibly well, way past my expectations.
So now i'm debating if i should drop one of the sick plants in order to give the others a bit more room and light(this would also free up one of the big buckets so i could expand the runt's root space).

Stalled plant, it's not even suposed to be purple...
IMG_20220201_132745.jpg

IMG_20220201_132734.jpg

Tank water plant, looking fabulous.
IMG_20220201_133054.jpg

Update: One of the sick plants has completely stalled, the buds are looking more and more deflated and dried up, magnifier shows zero trichomes(the micro hairs that would become trichomes are there, just completely stalled). Hydrazyme arrived today, dosed both sick plants.

So out of the 2 sick plants, Purple domina(not pictured here), while severely underdeveloped, has a chance of producing "something"(low trichome count, but they are there). But the other one(pictured) i'm not so hopeful about as it's not showing any trichomes or improvement for the past 4 weeks. On the other hand, both the tank water plant and the runt(also on 100% tank water) are doing incredibly well, way past my expectations.
So now i'm debating if i should drop one of the sick plants in order to give the others a bit more room and light(this would also free up one of the big buckets so i could expand the runt's root space).

Stalled plant, it's not even suposed to be purple...
IMG_20220201_132745.jpg

IMG_20220201_132734.jpg

Tank water plant, looking fabulous.
IMG_20220201_133054.jpg
Hey @ShinSeiki good morning my friend.
Garden is great.
What would be the best use of light space?
Sick plant or healthy one. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

It's rare for me to agree to cull a plant. But Bill raises a good point.

Cull the weakest one, and get a healthy one.

Just be careful, it will be easy to Contaminate the newer plant and get her sick. Root pathogens. Do her first each time (the healthy one), and you'll be less likely to get her sick.

@Bill284 @Rexer I'm always of the opinion that you can learn alot from failure and should follow through to learn as much as possible, but the runt is doing much better than i ever expected and i feel it has earned a proper place in the tent, plus, being behind(started way late) works in my favor here, but i need to act fast to take some benefit from the improved conditions .

I've got time to do this right, so i'll probably cull today and then take a day to properly disinfect with a strong bleach solution and then do a couple rinsings to make sure it's all gone.

Right now the hitlist is as follows
1-Stop the airstones from clogging
2-Provide an optimal environment for beneficial bacteria to colonize and thrive on
3-Change to bio nutrients
4-Better lights
5- NPK Test kit so i can get a better understanding about my water chemistry(any other tests i should add? already have Ph, TDS, NO2 and NO3).
1.You don't need an air stone. You just need surface agitation. Airstones don't actually inject O2 into the water. The exchange happens at the waters surface. There is also a stone that doesn't plug if you still feel you need one.
2. The bucket sides are where your bacteria colonizes. It doesn't hang out in the water column. Very little bacteria can actually be found in the water itself.

You have such a small bioload in your tank. What is the ppm of the tank water alone?

1.You don't need an air stone. You just need surface agitation. Airstones don't actually inject O2 into the water. The exchange happens at the waters surface. There is also a stone that doesn't plug if you still feel you need one.
2. The bucket sides are where your bacteria colonizes. It doesn't hang out in the water column. Very little bacteria can actually be found in the water itself.

You have such a small bioload in your tank. What is the ppm of the tank water alone?
1. O2 diffusion isn't what i'm after, what i really want is an even flow on the sides of the bucket, it will probably attach the airstone at the very center(via magnets? still working on it).
2. I know this, what i mean by bacteria environment is surface area for colonization, the sides of the buckets isn't nearly enough surface area.

That's just 1 of 9 tanks, with varying sizes(5 to 100 gallons) and bioloads, ranging from 400 to 1000 ppm. I run sponge filters along side other means of filtration, so i can always squeeze one onto a bucket, let the solids drop to the bottom and get 4000+ppm from the top.

Hey Shin, I just had a thought wander through. Perhaps the plants receiving the mix of tank water plus nutrients actually are experiencing a bacterial bloom, i.e. the nutrients are feeding the bacteria more quickly than they are feeding the plants.
That would certainly help explain why the ones on pure tank water are doing so well in comparison.

IMG_20220202_202527.jpg

Managed to get a magnified shot even though my magnifier isn't very camera freindly. That's one of the lower buds, severely lacking in trichomes, but the ones that are there are all milky. Moving up the plant you start to see more and more amber, top buds are around 50% amber. Time to harvest? do i give it another week? Keeping in mind the roots are getting worse despite my efforts
IMG_20220204_130319.jpg

Managed to get a magnified shot even though my magnifier isn't very camera freindly. That's one of the lower buds, severely lacking in trichomes, but the ones that are there are all milky. Moving up the plant you start to see more and more amber, top buds are around 50% amber. Time to harvest? do i give it another week? Keeping in mind the roots are getting worse despite my efforts
IMG_20220204_130319.jpg
Might be time to chop my friend.
That's a lot of amber.
If the roots are shot take what you can get.

Stay safe
Bill

Shin, nice creativity on getting that photo. I agree that you should cut your losses. On every one of my grows I take a sample bud (not from the main colas) at five weeks and three weeks before estimated harvest time. I do this so I know what my result would be if there was a catastrophic failure. It gives me peace if mind, just in case. Good luck with your grow.

Shin, nice creativity on getting that photo. I agree that you should cut your losses. On every one of my grows I take a sample bud (not from the main colas) at five weeks and three weeks before estimated harvest time. I do this so I know what my result would be if there was a catastrophic failure. It gives me peace if mind, just in case. Good luck with your grow.
Thank you! This is my first grow in over 15 years, i was bound to make mistakes... I'm still on track to get some smokeable bud from the 2 that are left(both healthy). Already thinking ahead towards the next cycle(that one gets a proper journal).

Might be time to chop my friend.
That's a lot of amber.
If the roots are shot take what you can get.

Stay safe
Bill
Still printing my custom drying rack(to fit a closet where i have a dehumidifier running), everything should come together this weekend to chop and hang. On a side-note, MacGyvered a drying solution so i could test the dry closet setup on the plant o chopped a couple days ago. Some of the smaller buds are dry and taste great(barely any thc on them tho), ended up calling over a friend who's hypersensitive to THC to try it out and she LOVED IT(got pretty high too).

Update time! Purple Domina has been chopped and hung to dry, Meanwhile tank water plant is doing splendid, some of the pistils have turned amber, meaning we might still have a few weeks of fattening up ahead before harvest(trichomes look mostly milky, but no amber in sight).
I don't think i should be worried about tying them up(because of weight), but should i?

IMG_20220207_213219.jpg

IMG_20220207_213227.jpg

Update time! Purple Domina has been chopped and hung to dry, Meanwhile tank water plant is doing splendid, some of the pistils have turned amber, meaning we might still have a few weeks of fattening up ahead before harvest(trichomes look mostly milky, but no amber in sight).
I don't think i should be worried about tying them up(because of weight), but should i?

IMG_20220207_213219.jpg

IMG_20220207_213227.jpg
Hopefully you have to chain them up. :thumb:
Give them time and lots of light.
Garden looks great my friend @ShinSeiki

Stay safe
Bill

As i sit here, having my first taste of that Purple Domina, and for the first time high off my own supply, i keep thinking of you guys(and gals and everyone in between) and how this is only possible because you helped me save the plants. Huuuuge shout out to all of you!

6744d9538d16eb2f67817c582221ac5b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom