This one has me stumped, yellowing, purpling and curling all at the same time: late flower DWC

@FelipeBlu @Bill284 @Rexer @bluter Sorry to chain-tag you guys like that, but this isn't looking right to me, does this look right to you? That's the Purple Domina, aka plant 1

IMG_20220127_173002.jpg
How does the roots smell?
Is there any slime building up (just confirming)?

@FelipeBlu @Bill284 @Rexer @bluter Sorry to chain-tag you guys like that, but this isn't looking right to me, does this look right to you? That's the Purple Domina, aka plant 1

IMG_20220127_173002.jpg
Hey @ShinSeiki I haven't been following closely :Namaste:
What are you feeding her.
Are they slimy?
Is there a chance of a light leek?
Is that the only girl looking like that?
Does the rest of her look healthy?
Is there a smell.
Stay safe
Bill

you need to run h202 stat. then go with an enzyme cleaner and stick with it. maybe a chiller depending on environment and root temps.

these are the reasons i do passive hydro now.

Is there a chance of a light leek?
I actually see a light leak.
The airline is letting light into the bucket. Should be black line, or at minimum take some tape (like electrical) and wrap the entire tube right up to the bucket.

I use 1/4 black line for RO systems. Food grade + blocks light and fits onto airstones.

I actually see a light leak.
The airline is letting light into the bucket. Should be black line, or at minimum take some tape (like electrical) and wrap the entire tube right up to the bucket.

I use 1/4 black line for RO systems. Food grade + blocks light and fits onto airstones.
Good catch. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

good catch rexer. never use clear lines in

edit : it's worse than just a light leak though. it's rotting at the top just above the water line. right hand side at the top of the pic just under the lid.

plus i see both white healthy and brown roots. at first i chalked it up to staining.
I have them in a h2o2 solution, i'll leave them in there for half an hour while i clean and reset the buckets.

Root rot makes alot of sense, explains the creeping of TDS up instead of down, roots are rotting into the water and that dissolved biomass shows up on TDS readings.

How does the roots smell?
Is there any slime building up (just confirming)?
Roots aren't smelling and are only slightly slimy in some places, but as soon as i took out the healthy one the difference was quite obvious(perked up ramifications, overall much healthier look).

Roots aren't smelling and are only slightly slimy in some places, but as soon as i took out the healthy one the difference was quite obvious(perked up ramifications, overall much healthier look).
Well that's some good news.

I'd suggest following bluter's advice. Dude knows his stuff, and has the experience to back it.

Another day, another hard reset... While the girls were in a (conservatively mixed) H2O2 solution bath, i cleaned and changed out all the buckets, The sick plants got tap water with recommended dosage of nutrients, Plant 3 and 4 i've kept on tank water(used a few tricks to make it more concentrated, PPM is 900). As i pulled out the sick plants from the H2O2 solution, i noticed there was alot of root strands that had come loose and were floating, no doubt the roots are falling apart, and the decomposition is messing up the water chemistry.

I took the oportunity to get the magnifier out and check the trychomes on the sick Purple Domina as it's ahead of the others... What i found wasn't pretty, trychome production has stalled and all the ones i see are tiny and underdeveloped. Of those, a few are already turning amber(around 10%).

So now comes the question, do i prepare to harvest her in a couple weeks? At this point i'm feeling like all i'm doing is putting band-aids on bullet wounds, i have setup a drying place so i can harvest the sick ones and keep the other two in the tent for as long as they need. With the trychome situation i don't think i'm going to get any smokeable bud out of any of the sick ones, so i might as well test the drying setup and maybe do an extract or something like that. This option would come with the extra benefit of freeing up room so i could reposition the other two better in the tent.

What do you think? @FelipeBlu @Bill284 @Rexer @bluter Again, sorry for the tags, i'm at the tail end of this and could really use your advice, won't be tagging you for much longer.

What do you think? @FelipeBlu @Bill284 @Rexer @bluter Again, sorry for the tags, i'm at the tail end of this and could really use your advice, won't be tagging you for much longer
I'd keep her going. You brought her this far, see her to the finish line.
Just keep an eye for nanners.
Continue the treatment.
Add Hygrozyme or something similar.

The experience alone that you will gain will help you in the long run.

And never, ever, worry about tags, keep 'em coming brother!

I'd keep her going. You brought her this far, see her to the finish line.
Just keep an eye for nanners.
Continue the treatment.
Add Hygrozyme or something similar.

The experience alone that you will gain will help you in the long run.

And never, ever, worry about tags, keep 'em coming brother!
Thanks boss, will do, hygrozyme is on it's way from amazon, hoping the roots don't rot away into nothing, but like you said, everything is a learning experience.

Already picking out strains for my next grow(wtf is a "super auto"?!), have an old cupboard i hollowed out and setup for high humidity/heat so i can get a head start on the next generation when it gets close to harvest.

Thanks boss, will do, hygrozyme is on it's way from amazon, hoping the roots don't rot away into nothing, but like you said, everything is a learning experience.
Just make sure you don't use too strong of a dilution, and I'm sure you can get her through till your order arrives. Then use 'em, and you'll have some leftover for your next grow.
Already picking out strains for my next grow(wtf is a "super auto"?!), have an old cupboard i hollowed out and setup for high humidity/heat so i can get a head start on the next generation when it gets close to harvest.
Super Autos, or XXL Autos, are ones that are capable of being large yielders, and most will take longer to grow out.

Another day, another hard reset... While the girls were in a (conservatively mixed) H2O2 solution bath, i cleaned and changed out all the buckets, The sick plants got tap water with recommended dosage of nutrients, Plant 3 and 4 i've kept on tank water(used a few tricks to make it more concentrated, PPM is 900). As i pulled out the sick plants from the H2O2 solution, i noticed there was alot of root strands that had come loose and were floating, no doubt the roots are falling apart, and the decomposition is messing up the water chemistry.

I took the oportunity to get the magnifier out and check the trychomes on the sick Purple Domina as it's ahead of the others... What i found wasn't pretty, trychome production has stalled and all the ones i see are tiny and underdeveloped. Of those, a few are already turning amber(around 10%).

So now comes the question, do i prepare to harvest her in a couple weeks? At this point i'm feeling like all i'm doing is putting band-aids on bullet wounds, i have setup a drying place so i can harvest the sick ones and keep the other two in the tent for as long as they need. With the trychome situation i don't think i'm going to get any smokeable bud out of any of the sick ones, so i might as well test the drying setup and maybe do an extract or something like that. This option would come with the extra benefit of freeing up room so i could reposition the other two better in the tent.

What do you think? @FelipeBlu @Bill284 @Rexer @bluter Again, sorry for the tags, i'm at the tail end of this and could really use your advice, won't be tagging you for much longer.
Good morning @ShinSeiki hope everything is going well today.
I agree with @Rexer
There is always a benefit to never giving up on a lady.
You can save her. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

i also agree with @Rexer

clean up the roots as best you can, grab an enzyme cleaner and let it finish out on that. i'm not sure if you have to run chillers in the future, the cleaner may be all that's needed. it will depend on how high your ambient water temp reaches.

the old school method of running h202 was regular cheap drugstore peroxide strength which i think is 5%. the bottles are 500ml. we used to add it to a five gallon bucket of water and go. it's the easiest way to go about it. you can run it hotter if you are doing a quick drain to waste flush to clear the root zone but make sure to add in good clean water / nutes immediately after.

i personally use high grade 27% h2O2 so the dilution is higher to get the same percentage. it cuts back on the cost. there are dilution charts out there for various h2O2 grades.

one last thing make sure everything you run in the future is compatible with a live res. there are cleaners for both sterile and live res approaches. if using the aqua culture you will need to stick with a live res approach.

i also agree with @Rexer

i'm not sure if you have to run chillers in the future, it will depend on how high your ambient water temp reaches.
I'm running heaters right now, reservoir temperature is 19 celcius water goes to >15 if i turn them off.
the old school method of running h202 was regular cheap drugstore peroxide strength which i think is 5%. the bottles are 500ml.
My local cheap H2O2 is actually 3%, holding one right now.

Back
Top Bottom