This will be my very first time. DP BlueBerry (regular?) - I have faith!

Hugh Splith

To be honest, I aint got nothing to say...

Its not like i got MG all purpose soil, a 300w dual spec CFL, 8cm Fibre Pots for the bubbies, Clear Plant Pots with drainage ( dont know measurements, but they big), 9 inch Oscillating Desk Fan, I tidy lil room for all of it and 5 Dutch Passion 'Blueberry' regular seeds.

:helpsmilie:

Re: "this will be my very first time..." DP 'BlueBerry' (regular?) - I have faith!

I planted a seed in a fibre pot with MG without germing! (Am I crazy?) Then I slapped that under the blue light.
I germed 2 more seeds in a small glass filled with H2o.
The 1st to pop got thrown into another pot with MG and put under the light.
The other i placed in moist paper towels, under a cup, and the root was more visible. I placed it in a pot of moist MG, covered with a steamed plastic cup and put under light.

That was nearly 4 days ago...
Where's my sprouts homies?:confused:

Re: "this will be my very first time..." DP 'BlueBerry' (regular?) - I have faith!

All 5 of my DP blueberry seeds have germed in 36 hours. The method I used was to put them on a few sheets of moist paper towell between two dinner plates with a plastic bag round it all then shut it in a cupboard with a stable temp of 22C.

Worked a treat :)

Clear Plant Pots with drainage ( dont know measurements, but they big)

Clear pots are not a good idea.U should paint or cover the outside. The light will turn ur exposed roots green and damage them, Not sure exactly how or why but I was taught that this is a no non. Maybe a more experienced member cab spread some light on the situation.

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0345.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

Photo0347.jpg

forgive my poor camera skills and quality

I'm using 8cm Fibre Pots. They remain sturdy above ground for 9-12 months, but will biodegrade in approx 2-3 months when planted into the soil. This makes them ideal for planting out types of plant which do not like root disturbance.

I've Got Major Germinating Problems!
:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I went away from my grow for a night, and I come back to find that the first to seeds I planted didnt root in the soil.
The tap root on the seed I didnt germinate is visible, so I replanted it. (Will it still work?)
The second one didnt look any different to when I germed it in a glass of water. (Also replanted, will it work?)
The last one has slighty sprouted, but the shell of the seed is still on it, and its roots are green and twisty!

SOMEBODY, HELP ME

Okely dokely...
It's been a while, cuz I've become a friggin doctor/surgeon in the past 2weeks.
My plants have been in E.R.

I successfully germinated 4/5 of my DP BB seeds.
The 1st seedling to show its leaves,started out real healthy but now is on a life support machine. (doesn't look hopeful)
One of the other 3 plants, is recovering from surgery. For some reason beyond my knowledge, the 2 large leaves were moulded together, so I had to get the ol' scalpel out. (seems ok-ish)
The remainder of the seedlings are thriving. FOR NOW!

I got pix

A+E for Seedlings

Photo0373.jpg

Photo0371.jpg
Photo0378.jpg

Photo0372.jpg

Photo0382.jpg

forgive poor quality

You've gotten through the hardest part, now just sit back and relax :) Be sure to only water when the soil drys. The plants like wet/dry periods. How low can you get your CFL? I recommend having it no more than 6" away. I've documented the germ/seedling stage pretty well in my journal, you can check that out for cross-referencing if you wish. Good luck w/ the MG, if possible I would put them in better soil when you transplant. What kind of light schedule are you keeping? What are your plans when they get bigger? Is the tray they're in lined with foil? If it is i'd take it out. Foil can have hot spots and will lead to higher temps in your grow box.

At the mo, my lights are on constantly and I'd say there about 2" above on the blue side.

My first 2 seedlings past away 3 days ago. I think they suffocated.

The MG seems kosher to me, however this is my first EVER grow and I've heard some negative things about it. I may do some homework on organic soil.

Yes it's regular kitchen foil... I keep saying "I'm getting MYLAR!", then I smoke some cheese.

Right Now I've got 2 thriving babies, they gorgeous!!! (pix in next post)

As for when their all grown up, I want voluptuous females, and I aint harvesting till their BLUE!

I'd raise the light a bit. In my experience CFL's work best 3"-6" away. What did the seedlings look like when they died? What temp is the box (I'm guessing you have a box for them) during lights on? I have seen from experience that young plants don't do well above 85 degrees.

Re: "this will be my very first time." DP 'BlueBerry' (regular?) - I have faith!

*Two More Leaves, BLOODY MASSIVE!!!

I think I got and girl... ... ... AND A BOY.
The 1 think is a dude is reaching for the sun like WOAH! *The other is short in comparison, its leaves are way more mature.

PIX IN NEXT POST...

Re: "this will be my very first time." DP 'BlueBerry' (regular?) - I have faith!

too early to show yet

Back
Top Bottom