Those times you find valuable information

Not sure on lagging...but structure is way different than mine was

Yers looks Sativa ish
It’s a New420guys seed. I still have another Fem seed.

Alright I'm trying to follow along but this damn gummy and tropicana cookies got me faded.

So when using a QB LED with UV and IR like the Budget v3 red spec... what should the optimal leaf surface temperature be during flowering? is it 75º? And if so, would the Rh be about 45-50%?

I'll have to get a an IR thermometer someday. My room temps and RH are right in the zone but I don't know about surface temps. I gotta say my plants are very happy with the budget led and mega crop in ocean forest. This little cold front is nice too.

The correct temperature and humidity vary based on the difference from leaf surface temp to air temp. There is a different graph for -.5°c, +.5°c, +1°c, -1°c, etc,etc

IR thermometers are pretty cheap, usually under $20 from a home improvement store. The longer you have one the more uses you'll find for it. It's a handy piece of equipment to have around. Nice for checking driver and diode temps as well.

I like to see a leaf surface temperature of around 80°f depending on what my lights are set at my required air temp may vary from 74-84°.

It's hard to know what you need without measuring it. With that being said I keep mine close enough now and don't worry too much about it.

Yea you don't need anything special. I use mine routinely for work and don't bother buying the expensive ones.
I just checked the rainforest and it looks like prices are jacked up over the covid stuff. Some listings say reserved for emergency workers? You can't measure internal body temp/fever with these though, idiots, it will only show skin temp. So anyone they check would appear dead by their standards LMAO.

Ok I think I'm following along now, the gummys have worn off hehe.

So the HPS produces so much more IR that it heats the leaf to the point that the the ambient needs to be brought down to compensate. On the other hand the LEDs aren't producing the IR heat and therefore the room can run at higher ambient temperatures ?
Not just IR, even unused light waves in the spectrum from what I understand.
94540E79-42AF-4A84-B97A-D120BE79F40C.jpeg

Light is energy yes, so every range of the spectrum does to differing degrees. IR is the most effective at it, by a lot. You don't see them making heaters from Green lights, but they do make heaters from ir emitters.

Microwaves use the lower end of the ir range.

There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This Experiment result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.

** With My Current Grow, I have dropped the temps down to 75-77F Day and 68-70F Night. Very interesting information here. Kind of hard to argue it as it was a very through experiment. I’m curious if this is why my Black Domina isn’t producing any frost in week 5/6....

E8A9FD3F-7169-4A33-B507-FB569E43ACAC.jpeg
Maybe you're on to something I just don't know about. I started out with MH / HPS so I'm guessing that's why I figured it was the same no matter what lights you used. My last 2 grows I was actually growing with room temps about 72 F. Not sure why but I got my biggest yields per plant yet. Was actually just trying to get them to purple up some but it didn't work ... lol. These last 2 grows were with new Mars Hydro TSW 2000's & Mega Crop . Had never used either product before that so maybe that increased my yields.
I guess I can turn my AC up some so it's not so cold in my grow room. Set on 72 now so I guess I'll raise it to 77 for now. Don't want to jump up too much at once.

That’s exactly where my head is at too.
Did you see this...?

The 240W all-white LED increased leaf surface temperature more than the equivalent 240W BD240-U light. T5 and compact fluorescent light resulted in a higher LST than the equivalent 240W BD240-U or 340W BD360-U.
Yep, I have four 92 watt (I believe COBB CREE technology or light boards or something like that) at my disposal.

They are all white lights.

Sorry when reading light charts feel like I am in that dream when you find yourself sitting in home room naked on your first high school day of school.

They are all white lights and they are amazing!!! As a nub. I even flowered under them with success.

Back
Top Bottom