Those times you find valuable information

AdaminCO

There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This Experiment result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.

** With My Current Grow, I have dropped the temps down to 75-77F Day and 68-70F Night. Very interesting information here. Kind of hard to argue it as it was a very through experiment. I’m curious if this is why my Black Domina isn’t producing any frost in week 5/6....

E8A9FD3F-7169-4A33-B507-FB569E43ACAC.jpeg

Would this also have different readings for different strains....for instance, a strain that originated from Africa where it's used to the long and hot days compared to another place maybe in high altitude with less light and lower temps?

Would this also have different readings for different strains....for instance, a strain that originated from Africa where it's used to the long and hot days compared to another place maybe in high altitude with less light and lower temps?
It seems to be more about the species not the strain. Cannabis’s metabolic rate would be the same across the board in my opinion.

Read the article. They tested multiple species of plants. It was a very thorough experiment.

There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This Experiment result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.

** With My Current Grow, I have dropped the temps down to 75-77F Day and 68-70F Night. Very interesting information here. Kind of hard to argue it as it was a very through experiment. I’m curious if this is why my Black Domina isn’t producing any frost in week 5/6....

E8A9FD3F-7169-4A33-B507-FB569E43ACAC.jpeg

I've been trying to get people to understand this for like two years now lol. Different light sources directly heat your plant differently.

I have always heard that with LED you need to run it around that 80f to achieve the 75f....I dont understand the leaf teps and VDP or whatever it is called. I have been trying to read it to understand it better. Maybe that article will help more. Thanks.

I've been trying to get people to understand this for like two years now lol. Different light sources directly heat your plant differently.
Have you ever seen/heard plants that didn’t produce, or late to produce trics?
See the difference in the Darkstar vs. Black Domina? Just genetics maybe? Temperature too low?

Enjoy the blurples... I could only reach three switches. Lol!

Darkstar Kush
3BDE747A-9B75-4049-9792-475B1B288073.jpeg

Black Domina
2CC4038D-E4AF-4865-9590-9B3479D98CB7.jpeg

I have always heard that with LED you need to run it around that 80f to achieve the 75f....I dont understand the leaf teps and VDP or whatever it is called. I have been trying to read it to understand it better. Maybe that article will help more. Thanks.
Here’s the chart I use, but you’d need a laser thermometer to really be accurate. It’s turned into a best effort situation to me. I’m usually 77F 40% right now I’m flower.
5918BC19-F17B-4F25-AFAB-DE130ADE591E.jpeg

Here’s the chart I use, but you’d need a laser thermometer to really be accurate. It’s turned into a best effort situation to me. I’m usually 77F 40% right now I’m flower.
Yea I usually stay in the 80F & 40%H in veg and 75F & 40% in flower. Lights off I run around 70F but I spike to the 50's for humidity.

Very intriguing... I have long believed that we don't yet understand why parts of the sun's spectrum are beneficial to our plants, and although we see clear signs that 4 bands of light are important to plant growth, I believe there is much more to the puzzle left yet to be understood. Maybe it is the function of a lot of the yellow and green light that we see a lot of in HID and the Sun, but not in LED, to simply heat the leaves. Makes you want to go hmmmm.

Very intriguing... I have long believed that we don't yet understand why parts of the sun's spectrum are beneficial to our plants, and although we see clear signs that 4 bands of light are important to plant growth, I believe there is much more to the puzzle left yet to be understood. Maybe it is the function of a lot of the yellow and green light that we see a lot of in HID and the Sun, but not in LED, to simply heat the leaves. Makes you want to go hmmmm.
That’s exactly where my head is at too.
Did you see this...?

The 240W all-white LED increased leaf surface temperature more than the equivalent 240W BD240-U light. T5 and compact fluorescent light resulted in a higher LST than the equivalent 240W BD240-U or 340W BD360-U.

It looks like the black Dom has trichomes on the calyces. Just not the fan leaves which would likely be a genetic thing. I've seen plants start trichs early, and fill in heavily later, but typically they don't appear out of nowhere in flower. She's beautiful while bald though haha.

Maybe it is the function of a lot of the yellow and green light that we see a lot of in HID and the Sun, but not in LED, to simply heat the leaves.

It's the infrared. That's why they make infrared heaters and infrared heat bulbs, it's excellent for transmitting heat energy to solid objects.

It looks like the black Dom has trichomes on the calyces. Just not the fan leaves which would likely be a genetic thing. I've seen plants start trichs early, and fill in heavily later, but typically they don't appear out of nowhere in flower. She's beautiful while bald though haha.

It's the infrared. That's why they make infrared heaters and infrared heat bulbs, it's excellent for transmitting heat energy to solid objects.
Lol. She’s the only Fem seed too. I was expecting her to be the show stopper.

So I wonder if my since mine have infrared LEDs if it’s relative in my tent. I have two of these and 2 4’ T5 style LEDs red and blue only.
46C9C4E0-E212-480B-ADC3-71B91CFB3773.jpeg

Honestly the frostiest plants I've grown came from under blurples. I've run the same strains under higher powered quantum boards and they weren't the same. Yield went way up, density improved, but they sparkled and purpled better than anything has under the white lights.

Honestly the frostiest plants I've grown came from under blurples. I've run the same strains under higher powered quantum boards and they weren't the same. Yield went way up, density improved, but they sparkled and purpled better than anything has under the white lights.
I actually like mine. I pulled over 200g dry from each plant in average with the ones I have now. My only complaint is not being able to see issues with your plants.

My past grows were all organic so it wasn’t a huge deal. On this run with MC they’ve gotten me in trouble with nitro toxicity amongst other things. I need to hang my little seedling light in there.

I saw they make a 2000w now, but my wife would kill me. Lol!
0BBC711F-EDFE-41A7-90A4-238E42109F26.jpeg

This is what I go by as far as getting the RH & Temps in the correct range. I've never went by the type of light. Just made sure the RH was correct for the Temp I was growing at. 1st time in 3 years that anybody has even said anything about it. Damned ... now I have to do a comparison grow both ways to see for myself.

I actually like mine. I pulled over 200g dry from each plant in average with the ones I have now. My only complaint is not being able to see issues with your plants.

My past grows were all organic so it wasn’t a huge deal. On this run with MC they’ve gotten me in trouble with nitro toxicity amongst other things. I need to hang my little seedling light in there.

I saw they make a 2000w now, but my wife would kill me. Lol!
0BBC711F-EDFE-41A7-90A4-238E42109F26.jpeg
I hear you on the N tox. I got it too. I've had more issues with this MC stuff then I have with other nutes. Not sure I'll use it again. Out of 4 different Nute lines so far my best weed came with the cheap GH line up. It was the stickiest & most potent weed I've grown to date. Seriously thinking of going back to it.
Someone made a comment in a Thread about MC. They said MC is good for those who just want to do OK & get through their grows. I'm starting to feel that way also.

I hear you on the N tox. I got it too. I've had more issues with this MC stuff then I have with other nutes. Not sure I'll use it again. Out of 4 different Nute lines so far my best weed came with the cheap GH line up. It was the stickiest & most potent weed I've grown to date. Seriously thinking of going back to it.
Someone made a comment in a Thread about MC. They said MC is good for those who just want to do OK & get through their grows. I'm starting to feel that way also.
I’m starting to lean that way too.
I going back LOS. I’m not too concerned with the easability of it, just want big sticky buds. I think it’s a good product for beginners for sure.

Yer black Dominia looks wayyyyyyy different than mine did

Mine was very Indica, dense, and compact
She’s definitely lagging behind the others.
09A83202-E59C-4FF2-A978-52B60F28FE68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom