Times a wasting

Too many variables, biggest being what Country are they shipping from and what Country you are in (or State/Province also in a big Country). Most places if the even give a "guesstimate" they go on the high end of time as less complaints, but maybe there is some that don't take that approach.

Too many variables, biggest being what Country are they shipping from and what Country you are in (or State/Province also in a big Country). Most places if the even give a "guesstimate" they go on the high end of time as less complaints, but maybe there is some that don't take that approach.
Yeah, yeah, I know.. Just a little stoked thinking about the set up/roll out.. (3) strains, only 25sq ft to work with.. Northern lights/GorilaGlue/HaysXtreme/all regular.. What would you suggest I start with.. How many seeds would you start at once.. small order (15) total.. can't turn my brain off.. I'm thinking start half/(8) say... 3/3/2 cross everything nine ways make some seeds.. Don't know why that thrills me so.. makin seeds that is.. Only 5/4 more strains to collect..
On a side.. Would you consider it prudent/worthy/a thing, to collect same/similar seed stock from more than one source.. Vary my genetics, as it were.. thanks

Hey pen, just try to grow what is comfortable for you dependant upon your resources etc.

I usually can only grow about 3 plants so that's all I germinate, if any fail to sprout then I lose a bit more time then trying to kick off another seed.

As for strains, there's only so many years left to grow and thousands of strains out there. I think most are pretty good but finding the super top shelf ones is the big question!

As for seed banks if they are one of our sponsors and they're saying 3-5 days for your location then that's what you can expect. I have used one of our sponsors and I got my orders in somewhere around 10 days I think, but that was from Europe to Southern Hemisphere, during Covid too, so I felt that was pretty darn excellent.

Yeah, yeah, I know.. Just a little stoked thinking about the set up/roll out.. (3) strains, only 25sq ft to work with.. Northern lights/GorilaGlue/HaysXtreme/all regular.. What would you suggest I start with.. How many seeds would you start at once.. small order (15) total.. can't turn my brain off.. I'm thinking start half/(8) say... 3/3/2 cross everything nine ways make some seeds.. Don't know why that thrills me so.. makin seeds that is.. Only 5/4 more strains to collect..
On a side.. Would you consider it prudent/worthy/a thing, to collect same/similar seed stock from more than one source.. Vary my genetics, as it were.. thanks

I'd start with less if you are just learning, so maybe 5 in that space, as the learning curve can be tough even with all the information here to help you succeed. Breeding/Genetics more complicated than just putting males and females together in same room and let them do their thing, so I would save that for later on down the road if you want to try that once you get the growing part down. "Same" stock from different sources can be totally different, as no regulations/copyrights to it so one persons Blueberry can/may be totally different genetics than another and potentially not even close to the original Breeders stock (DJ Short/Old World Genetics in that example, as Blueberry was his).

No, no, not really what you would call a beginner by any means.. Original Marijuana Growers Guide: Mel Frank, 30 odd years ago and killed it.. So to speak.. Took a minute, (two sets of flowers) to sort out I now have sufficient light to stress the crap out of a house plant.. I think I'll cut my initial number though, if all (8) were fem I'd be at a loss what to do with them.. I'm lookin for a momma plant FFS.. Hehe!! Thanks, later

Hey pen, just try to grow what is comfortable for you dependant upon your resources etc.

I usually can only grow about 3 plants so that's all I germinate, if any fail to sprout then I lose a bit more time then trying to kick off another seed.

As for strains, there's only so many years left to grow and thousands of strains out there. I think most are pretty good but finding the super top shelf ones is the big question!

As for seed banks if they are one of our sponsors and they're saying 3-5 days for your location then that's what you can expect. I have used one of our sponsors and I got my orders in somewhere around 10 days I think, but that was from Europe to Southern Hemisphere, during Covid too, so I felt that was pretty darn excellent.
I ordered mine From The Great White North.. Hehe!! Don't"cha know!! Really wanna order some from Europe.. Don't know why.. Murica!!

Really feeling nostalgic about my grows 30 odd years ago.. Let all my seeds from that time go scarcely ten years ago.. (MY SEEDS) I'm going to have a cry now and smoke a bowl..

5x5 space - what lamps are you running?

Soil or hydro or soil-less??

Organic or you gonna try using pretty bottles?

Lots of stuff to ponder.

If it was me inna 5x5 with REG seeeds start 10 seeds 2 or 3 of each strain you wanna run.

By time to flower you might have a few males to cull likely and usually be 50/50 or pretty close.

Suggest growing the way you did it 30 years ago. I'm growing the way I learned how to garden when I was a kid = organic soil + water.

That way you can grow and improve you don't need much just a good soil recipe.
IF you're a gardener grow like you do outside just need a good water source and some soil and a decent lamp.

They have decent LEDs nowadays for not a lot of money.

MarsHydro FC-E6500 I'm running in a 5x5 not even turned up all the way yet and its GREAT. Love it. No heat lottsa light and easy setup.

5x5 space - what lamps are you running?

Soil or hydro or soil-less??

Organic or you gonna try using pretty bottles?

Lots of stuff to ponder.

If it was me inna 5x5 with REG seeeds start 10 seeds 2 or 3 of each strain you wanna run.

By time to flower you might have a few males to cull likely and usually be 50/50 or pretty close.

Suggest growing the way you did it 30 years ago. I'm growing the way I learned how to garden when I was a kid = organic soil + water.

That way you can grow and improve you don't need much just a good soil recipe.
IF you're a gardener grow like you do outside just need a good water source and some soil and a decent lamp.

They have decent LEDs nowadays for not a lot of money.

MarsHydro FC-E6500 I'm running in a 5x5 not even turned up all the way yet and its GREAT. Love it. No heat lottsa light and easy setup.
That was my thought initially but.. Keeping more than one strain going/running at a time would require way too much veg space and I'm never going to be able to run more than about (4) at a time.. Even setting out/rotating every 28/35 days depending on the schedule.. untenable.. Four finishing and four half way there would be tight.. Oh... Soil, for now.. It's what I know.. :new plan; start (4).. Two G-glue, one N-lights, one Hays-X.. Collect some pollen, run whatever shows (f) thru a couple of sessions, make some seeds.. Can't wait to see what comes from back lashing of the GorilaGlue & thr HaysXtreme..

You gonna have a few males. Dont you wanna full space in flower??

I veg on a bench then go into flower into larger pots that way I can cull the males.

I always have extras I know about the space challenge. fer sure.

But GG if you get a nice female they can get big I like 4 big ladies in a 5x5 can even fit a 5th plant in there in the middle ... squeeze em in there. I'm running 6 in another 5x5 but smaller pots and will flip them sooner so I dont get monsters.

5x5 is a good size for indoors.

They'll get there, man. A little bit of patience goes a long way.
Not sure where you are. I'm in the same boat kinda. Late start, problems, weather. Dont panic, it will all be good!!
Off subject a lil bit but get this.. Bragged to a couple of friends that I'd ordered some and told them I'd take 'investors' if they wanted to get in on it before they arrived.. Split the cost and they get cuttings/plants.. Sounds reasonable. right?? :They; Yeah' just let me know when they come in.. :me; Okay, the seeds, were 175$$(=,-) so that's 90$$ I'm going to need from you.. :they; but what if they don't show up, get confiscated.. :me; WTF?? So, no investors for pending.. Hehe!! laters

You gonna have a few males. Dont you wanna full space in flower??

I veg on a bench then go into flower into larger pots that way I can cull the males.

I always have extras I know about the space challenge. fer sure.

But GG if you get a nice female they can get big I like 4 big ladies in a 5x5 can even fit a 5th plant in there in the middle ... squeeze em in there. I'm running 6 in another 5x5 but smaller pots and will flip them sooner so I dont get monsters.

5x5 is a good size for indoors.
I was excited about the space but with the door at one corner it's a pain in the arss in (FULL) bloom.. Dark corners, hot spot/death zone caused by the reflector if you dare bump up to 1000watts.. Lights now at ceiling height running 750w/HPS.. Thinking about adding a light/reflector and running (2) 400w/HPS on the 600/750watt settings.. Slightly under power the lights and spread the source.. Anyway.. laters

Some little bit of fun I've had lately.. Using 13 to 18 gallon totes to flower in.. I let the plants go an extra week or so veg. un-topped in 6" containers so they're a bit taller than you really want to flower in doors.. Place two, one each end, laying down as close to parallel to the ground/container top bypassing each other.. Pin the tops down to opposite ends of the container, remove a couple of the lowest sucker limbs somewhere in the middle of the container where they conflict with each other.. They spend about a week in the new containers before hitting the flower room.. Limbs and tips start turning to the light.. Turn the tote couple of times a week.. Gunna put my totes on casters/ bases of old office/secretaries chairs.. Maybe even involve the old `Radio~Flyer' sitting out in the yard..

That’s a darn shame. Would be great to have some of the old strains.
It was amazing.. 1989.. Had no idea what we were doing but we had a clandestine copy of Mel Franks; Marijuana Grower Guide, 800 watts of HPS and hit every mark.. Dumb luck, K.I.S.S. (that's: keep it simple stupid) And an incredible verities of seeds you'd never in a million years think you'd ever see/find in L.A... (lower Alabama) I'm sure I'll muse about it more some time later.. getting a friggin head ache.. laters

First time seed buyer.. Site claims (3 to 5) days.. That seems fast; really?? How long did it take y'alls?? laters
Well well well.. It seem something has arrived at the local post with a 35 digit tracking number associated with a recent purchase I made.. Three to five days.. I am impressed..

Well well well.. It seem something has arrived at the local post with a 35 digit tracking number associated with a recent purchase I made.. Three to five days.. I am impressed..
So, is this how this works.. Tracking says delivered at mail box at 01:28pm today and there's nothing in my mail box.. I'm completely at a loss.. Is this how it goes.. Have they been confiscated and this is the FU the post office gives you, marking it delivered.. I don't have 175$$ to just piss away.. I gotta go for a minute before I start cursing everyone and everything..

Back
Top Bottom