Timhomegrow Godfather OG & Girl Scout Cookie In Soil

Looking good @Timhomegrow Those are some double wide leaves you got going!

If you need another weapon in your fungus gnat arsenal, check out Summit Mosquito Bits. Totally organic microbial bug control. Good stuff.
I put a fan on my soil for a couple weeks. It dries out and it kills any larva in soil. I don't have any problems with gnat using this method. I rehydrate and let soil cook for minimum of two weeks.

Happy 420 all!

A great way to celebrate is to work on the garden :)

I prepped the girls final homes today, 7gal pots with FFOF, perlite, 2/3 cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients and 1.5tbsp of @DYNOMYCO . I'll add another .5 tbsp of dynomyco to the transplant hole.

On Monday they get transfered, 2 weeks in the solo cups. I think that is a bit early but it's their next scheduled feeding of Geoflora, which has been amended into the pot soil, and I also go on a 4 day trip next week and I'm worried about them not having enough water in the solo cups....so they go into the big pots before leaving. I'll water in the Geoflora 36hrs prior to transplant.

I did notice my old (11months) unopened bag of FFOF had a different color than the new bag....hopefully all the goodies in the soil didn't expire.

Final home
20220420_135835.jpg

new bag soil in the top of this picture
20220420_131537.jpg

The brew :)
20220420_130235.jpg
Whatcha got in the mix Tim. :hmmmm: {Edit} I was only looking at photo.. Now I see description... I don't even need to be high to do stoner shit... lol

VEG DAY 12

the two godfather OGs arent looking so perfect.

I had gone 4 days between watering to ensure the soil was dry due to the gnats. On that morning of watering this Godfather OG was wilted and sad but I figured she would perk up with the watering, which was two days ago, but she still looks sad.
20220422_084651.jpg

This Godfather OG has this strange coloring from day one and I was hoping she would grow out of it but hasn't.
20220422_084626.jpg

The two GSC are looking great, although one is a runt :) GSC on bottom and GFOG on top
20220422_084640.jpg

Hopefully their new 7gal pot home that they will go into on Monday will male them happy ;) I'm thinking there may be too little FFOF in the cups and perhaps lacking a little N. Except for the runt, they seem a bit pale in general.

VEG DAY 12

the two godfather OGs arent looking so perfect.

I had gone 4 days between watering to ensure the soil was dry due to the gnats. On that morning of watering this Godfather OG was wilted and sad but I figured she would perk up with the watering, which was two days ago, but she still looks sad.
20220422_084651.jpg

This Godfather OG has this strange coloring from day one and I was hoping she would grow out of it but hasn't.
20220422_084626.jpg

The two GSC are looking great, although one is a runt :) GSC on bottom and GFOG on top
20220422_084640.jpg

Hopefully their new 7gal pot home that they will go into on Monday will male them happy ;) I'm thinking there may be too little FFOF in the cups and perhaps lacking a little N. Except for the runt, they seem a bit pale in general.
They look fine. Maybe not perfect, but who needs perfect. That soil has plenty of nutes for a seedling. :thumb: Looking good

VEG DAY 14

today was transplant day. I watered in the Geoflora 36 hours ago in the 7 gal pots. Today, prior to transplanting I added the rest of the @DYNOMYCO that wasn't amended into the soil (1/2 tbsp). Everything went smooth, the plants and soil came right out of the solo cups and into their new home
20220424_184242.jpg

I think the roots look good and perhaps a good time to up pot. I needed to do it as I'll be away for four days and don't trust the solo cups ha
20220424_184014.jpg

Their new home.
20220424_192718.jpg

VEG DAY 21

the girls hit a little rough patch but have recovered, totally my fault. I was gone for four days and thiught I had enough water but apparently they were very thirsty and a lower fan leaf or two on each plant either yellowed and shriveled up.

Looking good now, starting their 5th nodes and getting their color back. I do wish they were a darker shade of green. Today they had 64oz of water each, next watering I'm watering to run off.

Topping and training are just around d the corner.

Godfather OG in left and GSC in right.

20220501_134931.jpg

Day 23 Veg
today they got topped after the 5th node. Ill train them tomorrow. Tomorrow is also watering to run off and then in a few days I test out my auto water system in preparation for a trip....hope it works like it did before the grow :)

I'd like to quadline one of these, perhaps the tall Godfather OG in the back left. Will it make it too wide and throw off the spacing in the tent? The others will be trained but not quadlined.

Godfather OG on thr left and GSC on the right.
20220503_153450.jpg

I'm thinking of quadlining the tall Godfather OG as thr node spacing is pretty far apart
20220503_153500.jpg

The two front plants have tight nodes, especially the dark small GSC
20220503_153513.jpg

I'm not sure I'm winning the fungus gnat war with the organic pest control. I'll change out the sticky cards tomorrow and see, otherwise mosquito dunks it is.

@Timhomegrow Use SNS 203 next "aqua till run-off" then cover the soil with Mosquito Bits. You have to keep after Fungus Gnats because they have a 28 day life cycle and the eggs laid in the soil today don't hatch for a week. Sticky traps will control but not eliminate them. If you get Dunks you'll have to break them up and it's a pain in the tail (been there, done that too).

@Timhomegrow Use SNS 203 next "aqua till run-off" then cover the soil with Mosquito Bits. You have to keep after Fungus Gnats because they have a 28 day life cycle and the eggs laid in the soil today don't hatch for a week. Sticky traps will control but not eliminate them. If you get Dunks you'll have to break them up and it's a pain in the tail (been there, done that too).
I have been using the SNS, on my 6th watering with it. I'm hoping the ones on the sticky cards are old and before the SNs fully kicked in.

DAY 25 VEG
things are looking good and I may be winning the fungus gnat battle. I put up a new sticky card two days ago to guage the gnats and only caught one :)

also finished the setup for the auto watering system and timer. I'm going to test it Saturday on watering day to ensure it's all good for when I leave next week. The timer kicks on for 6 minutes, and then turns off. During that 6 mins, each plant will get almost a gallon.
20220505_175530.jpg

Here you can see the irrigation tunes
20220505_173411.jpg

I started training the two in the back, hoping I can train the front two before I leave.. .just not much to hold on to yet :)

Day 27 VEG
technically tomorrow is 14 days since the last @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG, but today was watering day so they got 2/3 cup each of VEG and watered to runoff.....except the GSC on the front right. She's not emptying her pot just yet, so she got a little water and hoping she will be on schedule with the rest in 3 days.

The two Godfather OGs are really drinking and were a bit droopy this morning before watering.
20220507_094517.jpg

The auto water system didn't do what it was supposed today either. I had drilled holes in solid tubing for a drip ring and they didn't really disperse enough water. I went and got a soaker hose and will test that out later today as a drip ring and see how many minutes it takes to disperse a gallon of water in each plant.

The girls have really grown in the past week, more than tripled in size! I hope they slow down a bit as I wasn't planning on flipping the light until 8 weeks of VEG. Good news, no new fungus gnats on the sticky cards, the SNS is working.

My little GSC, bottom right, doesn't seem to be draining her water. It's been 6 days from water to runoff. Today, when just checking the topsoil with my finger I noticed this white fuzzy stuff under where the Geoflora is. I'm not sure if it's mold, the mycorrizhal, or geoglora. She seems otherwise healthy.

Thoughts? @Emilya

This pic is zoomed far in

20220509_092439.jpg

My little GSC, bottom right, doesn't seem to be draining her water. It's been 6 days from water to runoff. Today, when just checking the topsoil with my finger I noticed this white fuzzy stuff under where the Geoflora is. I'm not sure if it's mold, the mycorrizhal, or geoglora. She seems otherwise healthy.

Thoughts? @Emilya

This pic is zoomed far in

20220509_092439.jpg
My money is on mycorrizhal

DAY 35 VEG

i was gone for 5 days and the girls really exploded! The big Godfather OG is now 16 inches tall and the others are not far behind. I'll be training agin today to try and flatten the canopy as I don't want to flip to 12/12 just yet but don't want them growing much taller. I'll defoliate some prior to flip.

My auto water system worked, but didn't. Water pumped into each pot but much of it drained through as it was just two streams into each pot, and it sat in the collection plate at the bottom. I need to work on the water distribution.

Unfortunately, while I was gone my fungus gnat population exploded. I'm now doing mosquito bits and dunks instead of the organic pesticide to see if that works. Also added dyamaceous earth to the soil.

All and all, it's going well in the garden.

Godfather OG on the left and GSC on right
20220515_102740.jpg

DAY 35 VEG

i was gone for 5 days and the girls really exploded! The big Godfather OG is now 16 inches tall and the others are not far behind. I'll be training agin today to try and flatten the canopy as I don't want to flip to 12/12 just yet but don't want them growing much taller. I'll defoliate some prior to flip.

My auto water system worked, but didn't. Water pumped into each pot but much of it drained through as it was just two streams into each pot, and it sat in the collection plate at the bottom. I need to work on the water distribution.

Unfortunately, while I was gone my fungus gnat population exploded. I'm now doing mosquito bits and dunks instead of the organic pesticide to see if that works. Also added dyamaceous earth to the soil.

All and all, it's going well in the garden.

Godfather OG on the left and GSC on right
20220515_102740.jpg
Plants are looking great Tim. I see the irrigation is working well too. Remember to dry your soil out before using it next to grow. You wont see one gnat in your grow ever again.

Back
Top Bottom