Tips With Growing Problems!

MrHyyer

NEW TO SITE

Background

I've started growing for about a couple months. I've had 2 grow sessions you can say so far and im entering my 3rd right now (seeds are germinating). My setup is a Grow box 4.0 and i only have the items they supplied.

Both my grows weren't successful grows.

My first grow consisted of 6 successfully germinated seeds. I did the paper towel method. 3 seeds were AK47 the other 3 were John Herer. This grow started off well but i had the plants in the grow stage for about a week too long so once i got into the flowering stage they soon grew to big for the box and started to receive leaf burn so i had to end that grow sadly

My second grow consisted of 3 White Widow seeds. only 1 germinated sucessfully and i did the same method as before. Unfortunatly i cut my grow a week but i guess since i had 3 lights on 1 plant the plant grew quicker (not sure on that tho). Soon my plant grew too big again but since it was only one plant there was some room in the box for it to grow some what better than before. BUT, the fact it was too big the plant had to be menuvered in weird positions causing some parts of the plant to recieve less light than others. So i didnt recieve the yield i would of expected only about a 8th worth of buds. And also after trying the yield it was like smoking reg which is extremely odd for obvious reasons.

QUESTIONS

What are some things you suggest for me to get a better yield as far as quality? (buy this, control PH, etc)
- How about Bigger Yield?

Any other recomendations

Can you post a pic of your set up with a little description?

1662933371304.png

1662933418425.png

I have the box in my closet

Gotcha. I would try to add some more light to the equation. your plants are stretching to get to the light then they are so tall they have problems when they get there. I would at least double the light output and try to make the lights on their sides instead of vertical because that is the best light coming from those bulbs. You can get stonger cfl lights that will go in the same sockets. The next thing would be to look for plants that dont stretch very much at all, others on the forum may be able to help with that. I would look for computer case grows and see what strains have worked for them.

Next I would find a way to elevate your dwc resevoir. This way you can keep the young seedlings very cloe to the lights and they won't stretch as much. then as they get taller just lower the dwc down a bit. Cut tops and train your plants (look up supercropping and LST training) so your plants will stay small. Flower when your plants are still short because they will stretch quite a bit in the first few weeks of flowering. Some autos may be a good choice like the Dark devil. I have seen some very short auto plants. They are a good choice for this cabinet because autos will start flowering faster than other seed grown plants.

1st off glad you are finally coming around to asking for help and not wasting your time anymore.

Now you first grow instead of killing it you could have whacked it back to a reasonable height and let the branches bloom instead of the main kola and all would have been fine.

Before you go worrying about how to increase yield and such you need to get to completion in your grow box. the environment matters and all the advice in the world is irrelevant if we can't do the most basic of plant growing.

That box is about big enough for 1 plant done right or you could clone and run a mini SOG but you don't have a lot of space. I would start one in the corner and train it horizontally until half way diagonally across then start bloom and the stretch will get you the rest of the way across. Then you have almost the entire space to grow nice sized buds without running into the lights.

In good conditions the plant will double in bloom...If you know what you are doing in great conditions it will triple. so think about that with your space.

Lastly I wish you good luck with those CFLs. Growing weed is one of those things where you get out what you put in. If you are growing in soil the most important thing is the soil followed by the lamp. If you are in hydro the most important thing is the lamp. Set your expectations for potency and quality based on the choice of lighting.

Listen since you are brand new to DWC I want you to go read this guys journal. It is his first grow. He is running totally DIY self made cabinet and system and it is awesome. He is documenting everything as he goes and proving out lots of important things. You will learn more by reading through this than poking around in the FAQ. Lots of great info on the How's and Why's of DWC and Nutes and pH and all sorts of stuff that will make your next grow successful.

ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom