Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:yahoo:Sorry it took so long to reply... Life called...that was weighed 3 days after hung. The original bud I weighed and got 18 grams now weighs 16 grams as of 15 seconds ago. I would weigh all of it again but it would be really light now and not from drying out...:high-five: Dude I never claimed that I am greenziila or anything but for it to be my first grow ever... I'm thrilled!!!!! :yahoo:

I've been lurking on this thread for some time now trying to soak up all the helpful info you guys have been giving. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the great community here ( love the site )

I did have a couple questions on a few things that i'm having trouble nailing down the answers to and was hoping you guys could help me out before making my first purchase at lights.

I wanted to start a RDWC with 2 scrogs in 1 area , and have 2 plants vegging in another.

- is the 5watt leds overkill for a scrog set-up , should I be thinking 3watt since penetration isn't as crucial ?

- if 5watt isn't overkill I was leaning towards a mars II 700 - would a standard marsII set-up flower a scrog or should I be thinking a reflector series with the bloom set-up on the light ?

- and as far a vegging 2 plants to get ready for the scrog / flowering i'm open for suggestions. I'm at a point where I can't make up my mind and I just need some reassurance that i'm heading in the right direction.

scrog area is 4d x 8w x 7h
Veg area is 4d x 4w x 7h

and thanks for any help on this :peace:

20140228_2150431.jpg
just added some new stuff tuvbo the mars II 1200w flower with t5ho grow spectrum bloom spectrumz and uvb

If you don't mind me asking.... What is wrong with the way I grow and the way my weed was grown?

first i was not bashing your grow if i grave that impression im sorry..
when i saw the pictures of your plants they looked way to tall for the light you have. you said you let the plants grow up to the light. you might find you get a higher yield by bringing the lights closer to the plants when you so they do not stretch so much, they way you get better light penetration, because you have shorter plants..
also by bending the top of the plants over , in line with the next height part, about 2 weeks before flower you will get more top colas , or you do at 1 week into flowering as well. or even top them ..

I've been lurking on this thread for some time now trying to soak up all the helpful info you guys have been giving. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the great community here ( love the site )

I did have a couple questions on a few things that i'm having trouble nailing down the answers to and was hoping you guys could help me out before making my first purchase at lights.

I wanted to start a RDWC with 2 scrogs in 1 area , and have 2 plants vegging in another.

- is the 5watt leds overkill for a scrog set-up , should I be thinking 3watt since penetration isn't as crucial ?

- if 5watt isn't overkill I was leaning towards a mars II 700 - would a standard marsII set-up flower a scrog or should I be thinking a reflector series with the bloom set-up on the light ?

- and as far a vegging 2 plants to get ready for the scrog / flowering i'm open for suggestions. I'm at a point where I can't make up my mind and I just need some reassurance that i'm heading in the right direction.

scrog area is 4d x 8w x 7h
Veg area is 4d x 4w x 7h

and thanks for any help on this :peace:

Hi Superfuzzy,

5 watts would be perfect for ur needs. here look at this 700 watt grow.. 700W LED GROW update day 54 - YouTube
or 2x400w if you go back a couple of pages there is someone doing the same grow, that you are thinking of doing.

for vegging. you have, 125w cfl bulbs perfect, you have T5's also perfect. all low heat and do a good job..

first i was not bashing your grow if i grave that impression im sorry..
when i saw the pictures of your plants they looked way to tall for the light you have. you said you let the plants grow up to the light. you might find you get a higher yield by bringing the lights closer to the plants when you so they do not stretch so much, they way you get better light penetration, because you have shorter plants..
also by bending the top of the plants over , in line with the next height part, about 2 weeks before flower you will get more top colas , or you do at 1 week into flowering as well. or even top them ..
Have you ever looked at my journal?

Hello all,

this is my first post here but I have been lurking around for some time. So, I decided for next grow to go with LEDs and I need some advice. After slowly battling my way thru all 180 pages I'm still in doubt. I have DR90 (that's 3 x 3 in imperial units or 0,9 x 0,9 m) tent and I was looking at Mars2 400 and 700 watt lights. Since 700 watt light uses around 350 watts of energy I figured that would be equal to 400 w HPS and I was just about to order Mars2 700 watt. But I read that some people fancy Mars2 400 watt or Reflector series.

I also read that it is useful to not completely trust manufacturers specs about coverage area for their lights, for example: mars2 700 watt covers 3,5 x3,5 but one should deduct around 1 feet so that would be 2,5 x 2,5.

So my question for those that have roughly the same area and are already using leds: what light to choose 400w or 700w (I'm set on 5w leds)? I'm not trying to over complicate things but I do want to make rational purchase.

P.S.: I've already emailed Sara but would like opinion from fellow forum member.

Thank you so much for all and any help i can get.

Peter

Hello all,

this is my first post here but I have been lurking around for some time. So, I decided for next grow to go with LEDs and I need some advice. After slowly battling my way thru all 180 pages I'm still in doubt. I have DR90 (that's 3 x 3 in imperial units or 0,9 x 0,9 m) tent and I was looking at Mars2 400 and 700 watt lights. Since 700 watt light uses around 350 watts of energy I figured that would be equal to 400 w HPS and I was just about to order Mars2 700 watt. But I read that some people fancy Mars2 400 watt or Reflector series.

I also read that it is useful to not completely trust manufacturers specs about coverage area for their lights, for example: mars2 700 watt covers 3,5 x3,5 but one should deduct around 1 feet so that would be 2,5 x 2,5.

So my question for those that have roughly the same area and are already using leds: what light to choose 400w or 700w (I'm set on 5w leds)? I'm not trying to over complicate things but I do want to make rational purchase.

P.S.: I've already emailed Sara but would like opinion from fellow forum member.

Peter

i have a 700 in a 3x3 and its working great, almost done flowering first round. i did just buy a 900 for the same size area just to see if there is a difference

Hello all,

Peter

I am with you Hal, I have a 4x4 tent, and I am looking for the same info. It's nice to hear other's experiences. :goodjob:

yeah, u had the 3 watt leds in the one i saw. plants tied to same wood.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not tied all my plants to anything other to bend them and tie them to their own pot. I'm sorry my awesome grow has offended you in some way but while I'm smoking and baking with my grow I will give that a lot of thought and concern. Have a nice day Sir....

Fmm
Hello all,

this is my first post here but I have been lurking around for some time. So, I decided for next grow to go with LEDs and I need some advice. After slowly battling my way thru all 180 p!nages I'm still in doubt. I have DR90 (that's 3 x 3 in imperial units or 0,9 x 0,9 m) tent and I was looking at Mars2 400 and 700 watt lights. Since 700 watt light uses around 350 watts of energy I figured that would be equal to 400 w HPS and I was just about to order Mars2 700 watt. But I read that some people fancy Mars2 400 watt or Reflector series.

Peter
Hi. I have both the 3w and the 5w. IMO you will do better with 2 MarsII 400 for the reasons you specified. They will overlap and give you better coverage. You are more than welcome to check out my journal. I will be posting new pics in a bit. Just had to buy a new computer so have to set it up before I load them. Hope this helps a bit.......:circle-of-love:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not tied all my plants to anything other to bend them and tie them to their own pot. I'm sorry my awesome grow has offended you in some way but while I'm smoking and baking with my grow I will give that a lot of thought and concern. Have a nice day Sir....

I was wrong, and I already said I meant no offence...people get thing wrong... get over it... ps was not offended by your grow. and awesome is subjective, so lets leave it there , and perhaps you can provide me with a link to the grow ..

Back
Top Bottom