Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I will forward this information to factory, and they will take it when they design new lights,:)
Sara, I was going to message you privately with my suggestion, but I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks about it, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a 600 watt hps in a 4 foot x 4 foot (100x100 cm?) space and I'd really like to add 200 watts (draw power) of LED. But what I really need is 2 panels, each about 30 inches long, each 100 watts draw, to put on each side of my hps. That'd be perfect! But ... I don't see anyone making that shape. I saw somewhere that your people had researched shapes and consumer demand, and they say we want square panels.

But I think there's a significant market for a panel half the size of your 144x3 reflector model - thinner - a 72x3.

I'd buy 2 of them at $150 each. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

answers,

1, we can send parts to you FREE if you want to use after three years, no problem.

2, actually, if you grow a lot plants in your area, you'd better go 1200w, if you only grow one or two,900w is enough.

3, our light is around 400w for 4x4 area.

4, it makes sense, vege stage, plants do not need as much energy as flower stage. and vege spectrum has more white, while flower light has more red, red color, power is lower than white. "power" I mean intensive.

PS: if you want more than 2 flower spectrum light, please email me, I can recount shipping cost for you order. thank you.
Sorry for the confusion. But, I have a question. If I wanted to buy 1 each of flower, veg and full-spectrum (same Mars 1200 or 900), could I get 7% off the total?

For example, $480 x 3 lights + $200 for the veg/flower configurations = $1640. Minus 7% = $1525.

I'm not sure I want to invest that deeply. I'll probably just get a full spectrum first. But, if there were an incentive to get 3 it's possible I'd do it.

Questions:

1. How repairable are the Mars lights? If an LED or power supply burns out (after the warranty) can parts be purchased and replaced?

2. I have a 4x4 tent. Compared to the power draw of other LEDs which say they're suitable for that size tent, the Mars 900 seems plenty adequate. I've had 1-2 people tell me to go for the Mars 1200. Are there any downsides to supplying too much light? Would the 1200 be too much?

3. For T5 lighting, the popular rule is 40 watts per sq. ft. That's 640w total for a 4x4 tent. I don't think this rule applies to LEDs because I see California Light Works at 320w; ProGrow at 350w, Advanced LED 300w. All specified for 4x4 area. That's 18-22w per sq. ft.

The Mars 900 is at 26w sq ft. -- which again seems to say it's suitable for 4x4 if those other (lower power draw) lights are.

4. Would it make sense to buy veg and full spectrum at 900 size, and bloom at 1200 size? The reason I ask is: Calif. Lightworks does 235 in veg, 320 in bloom. That (and other things I've read) imply more power could be beneficial when red lighting is used?

Thanks

I see Genie, I have not heard of any problems with the Mars lights yet and there are a lot of people who own them. It would have been nice to know what light he got that driver from. With a three year warranty I think they put the better stuff in there.

I agree, it could be that I do not have the issue. My concern is this, even with a 3 yr warranty, if something goes wrong, am I to pay the postage costs to china?

I would be happy if I were sent some replacement drivers that are vented, just in case! But once again, replacing these parts will invalidate my warranty. Chicken and egg.

Perhaps I'm making too much of it. It just bothers me that I paid a substantial amount for these lights that could possibly be defective.

However, my plants LOVE them, and I want to keep it that way :)

Hi there GoogleGenie ,
Those are very nice clones u have there:thumb: . i amjust trying out cloning . Any dirty little secret's u might want to pass on (what the best medium that u used , any special height of cutting 's {1 or 2 nodes}:hmmmm:. (going to pick ur brain on ur journal:passitleft: )
i think Sara will step up , I know she got back to me by next day:goodjob: . Try PM her ? I think topgrowlight want's to have there lights in all of ur grows. From these forms , she has change , added spectrums or just thrown out L.E.D's:amen: ( I think the last person was total to open - but please talk to her as I have nothing to do with Topgrowlight other than Happy client):hookah:
U have pointed out a problem, let see it get fixed :thanks:
Cheer's
J

Hey, hopefully she does. I'm not asking for much, just an explanation as to why my LED driver boxes are different from the others dude's. Because they look exactly the same and mine certainly are not vented.

By all means stop by my journal, it's a learning process for me too :) having used both rockwool and root riot, I must say I prefer root riot, and so do the roots of my clones :)

pictures
QQ_20140306140423.jpg
003_6_1.jpg
002_6_1.jpg
001_8_.jpg

I failed to change my IP, I can not watch youtube or facebook.

this is the best I can do now. insides small black box. I can not open it and show you. it is not we can use all type of driver on the market. LED grow light driver is unique. I do not know why this light is dangerous if there has heatsink and fans in the light, and keep the inner tempreture low. we have made lights several years now. we never have this kind of things happen.
Thanks Sara but this still doesn't address my concern at all. The problem exists inside those title black boxes. Can you post the inside of one of those. If you watch the video you will see what I mean. Please watch the video

Ijust watch the video, that is not our product, just looks the same. they have different quality I am sure. and we have fans and heatsink in the light to keep the inner tempreture low. I believe all of us know that environment tempreture will affect things tempreture, like we wear less in summer and more in winter.

ok, I just call factory tonight. and asked them some questions. here is the information they told me . the driver casing, if the temperature is lower than 80C°, it will not melt for sure. and the casing is a fireproof casing. so no problem. and our light working at very low power, so no need vented driver.we can use present driver.

GG, please check the driver inner temperature if it is higher than 80degree. we have tested, never arrive at that high. it means it is safe.

ok, I just call factory tonight. and asked them some questions. here is the information they told me . the driver casing, if the temperature is lower than 80C°, it will not melt for sure. and the casing is a fireproof casing. so no problem. and our light working at very low power, so no need vented driver.we can use present driver.

GG, please check the driver inner temperature if it is higher than 80degree. we have tested, never arrive at that high. it means it is safe.

I think this is the key to safety here.

picture again,I just want to show all of you, and prove our drivers do not have problem.
QQ_20140306195457.png

Thank you for clearing this up Sara! An explanation to why my drives are different to the ones that did melt was all i was after, and you got this for me so I thank you! And i apologize for making you go to the trouble of getting this information from your supplier! The temperature of my lights in nowhere near 80c!

I hope you will let me buy lights from you in the future because frankly my plants absolutely love them!!

IMG_47572.JPG

Having just read through 194 pages of information on LED I have come to 2 conclusions (drum roll)

1. LEDs from TopLED will work great for me to remove the heat from my tent, grow some pretty plants and make me smile. :D
2. My brain is about to explode and I need to go do something :bong:

Be right back...

Back
Top Bottom