Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I can't wait to get one of those flame defenders, will be able to sleep easier at night knowing I have some fire safety.
The $44 one is gonna cost me £40 in England....thank you British government

Gotta pay for that free TV! :cool:

Yes thank you... :peace:

I actually stopped "paying for TV" while ago, the rules are as followed
If you watch live TV...you must pay
Even though that money only goes to the BBC, if you choose not to watch the BBC, you still gotta pay!
However if you do not watch live TV you do not need to pay for TV...so I don't, I watch everything on a cxatch up service so its not live.

So on that note...I would like a flame defender for $44 please :thanks:

Aww, I just ordered DR2.5 90 tent and I'm just about to order light. In fact I would order this minute if I was to get a tent. Damn my bad luck :-(

P.S: I could just send it back I suppose ;-)

Lol no I am going to have 13 mothers all different stains soon. running out of room fast.

Sara, I was going to message you privately with my suggestion, but I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks about it, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a 600 watt hps in a 4 foot x 4 foot (100x100 cm?) space and I'd really like to add 200 watts (draw power) of LED. But what I really need is 2 panels, each about 30 inches long, each 100 watts draw, to put on each side of my hps. That'd be perfect! But ... I don't see anyone making that shape. I saw somewhere that your people had researched shapes and consumer demand, and they say we want square panels.

But I think there's a significant market for a panel half the size of your 144x3 reflector model - thinner - a 72x3.

I'd buy 2 of them at $150 each. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

I just checked, you choose flower or vege spectrum, and shows 579.99. the 7% discount is from 479.99 USD, our standard spectrum.

Sorry for the confusion. But, I have a question. If I wanted to buy 1 each of flower, veg and full-spectrum (same Mars 1200 or 900), could I get 7% off the total?

For example, $480 x 3 lights + $200 for the veg/flower configurations = $1640. Minus 7% = $1525.

I'm not sure I want to invest that deeply. I'll probably just get a full spectrum first. But, if there were an incentive to get 3 it's possible I'd do it.

Questions:

1. How repairable are the Mars lights? If an LED or power supply burns out (after the warranty) can parts be purchased and replaced?

2. I have a 4x4 tent. Compared to the power draw of other LEDs which say they're suitable for that size tent, the Mars 900 seems plenty adequate. I've had 1-2 people tell me to go for the Mars 1200. Are there any downsides to supplying too much light? Would the 1200 be too much?

3. For T5 lighting, the popular rule is 40 watts per sq. ft. That's 640w total for a 4x4 tent. I don't think this rule applies to LEDs because I see California Light Works at 320w; ProGrow at 350w, Advanced LED 300w. All specified for 4x4 area. That's 18-22w per sq. ft.

The Mars 900 is at 26w sq ft. -- which again seems to say it's suitable for 4x4 if those other (lower power draw) lights are.

4. Would it make sense to buy veg and full spectrum at 900 size, and bloom at 1200 size? The reason I ask is: Calif. Lightworks does 235 in veg, 320 in bloom. That (and other things I've read) imply more power could be beneficial when red lighting is used?

Thanks

if that is really faulty componet, I would like to send you a replacement parts.

I don't think you understand what I mean. However don't worry I'm sure they will be fine, maybe that guy in the video was a one off and perhaps the heat dispersed by a heatsink in my closed drivers will simply disappear.

As we are not allowed to open our lights can I make one request. Can you post a photo of the inside of the drivers that are contained inside my light please, then we can see if there is infact the possibility of a problem.

Once again, I mean no offence and i am certainly not trying to make your life difficult but you simply cannot just dismiss an issue that clearly exists for some of your products.

GoogleGenie didn't you already open up your 1200?
Hi Sara

I opened my 1200w Mars II lights which i received about 2 weeks ago and i believe they have the LED drivers that are not vented and therefore will get damaged over time. What needs to happen to have this problem solved?

Thanks

IMG_47713.JPG
IMG_47725.JPG
IMG_47763.JPG

And a nice picture of one of my clones :)

IMG_46253.JPG

Hey Robert. I did but not the drivers themselves. If you check the video apparently there are small hearsinks in those black boxes which arent ventilated properly. If this isn't true then great but I have no way of knowing this without fully opening the light, which is why I asked for a picture. I only preyed it open by removing the screws I didn't snip off any cable ties which meant I could only peak inside, hence why the pictures aren't at the best angles

I see Genie, I have not heard of any problems with the Mars lights yet and there are a lot of people who own them. It would have been nice to know what light he got that driver from. With a three year warranty I think they put the better stuff in there.

Hi there GoogleGenie ,
Those are very nice clones u have there:thumb: . i amjust trying out cloning . Any dirty little secret's u might want to pass on (what the best medium that u used , any special height of cutting 's {1 or 2 nodes}:hmmmm:. (going to pick ur brain on ur journal:passitleft: )
i think Sara will step up , I know she got back to me by next day:goodjob: . Try PM her ? I think topgrowlight want's to have there lights in all of ur grows. From these forms , she has change , added spectrums or just thrown out L.E.D's:amen: ( I think the last person was total to open - but please talk to her as I have nothing to do with Topgrowlight other than Happy client):hookah:
U have pointed out a problem, let see it get fixed :thanks:
Cheer's
J

I will post a picture later, I remember I have one.
Hi there GoogleGenie ,
Those are very nice clones u have there:thumb: . i amjust trying out cloning . Any dirty little secret's u might want to pass on (what the best medium that u used , any special height of cutting 's {1 or 2 nodes}:hmmmm:. (going to pick ur brain on ur journal:passitleft: )
i think Sara will step up , I know she got back to me by next day:goodjob: . Try PM her ? I think topgrowlight want's to have there lights in all of ur grows. From these forms , she has change , added spectrums or just thrown out L.E.D's:amen: ( I think the last person was total to open - but please talk to her as I have nothing to do with Topgrowlight other than Happy client):hookah:
U have pointed out a problem, let see it get fixed :thanks:
Cheer's
J

Back
Top Bottom