Topping at the 5th node or before

near the only consideration is how big you want the plant to get. fifth node will produce a big plant, imo,, cheers

Successfully topped, really hope shes thrives from this guys! Thanks.

Attachments

• 15809351332554432691326526976591.jpg
    15809351332554432691326526976591.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 179
Going to top today, i have the 5th node and some extra for wiggle room for the cut, cut at the 5th and whatever is up or at the 4th?

Hey @Ryaboo , great question!

I am actually topping both of my Peyote WiFis today.

In fact, I really like to top my Indicas when the plant has 7 nodes that are fully developed.

On the day I top them, I always make sure they are healthy and freshly watered & fed; that way I know they will recover quickly.

I prefer to top high above node #6 (just under node #7) to expedite healing and to minimize the risk of infection.

I also have two Sativa Chemdawgs growing, but I don't top them because I love how their dense 40 cm (16") primary colas stack up to give Maximum Yields! Yep, I like MY harvests to be Maximum Yields!

Here is the article I like to use as a reference if you're interested:

00.jpg Topping Cannabis Plants: Why, When & How

Topping them at node 5 is great if you have limited headroom, because you can top twice more at node 5 for more branches and higher yield, without hitting your lights. Just be sure to keep the inner part of the plant trimmed out for best light penetration.

Hey @Ryaboo , great question!

I am actually topping both of my Peyote WiFis today.

In fact, I really like to top my Indicas when the plant has 7 nodes that are fully developed.

On the day I top them, I always make sure they are healthy and freshly watered & fed; that way I know they will recover quickly.

I prefer to top high above node #6 (just under node #7) to expedite healing and to minimize the risk of infection.

I also have two Sativa Chemdawgs growing, but I don't top them because I love how their dense 40 cm (16") primary colas stack up to give Maximum Yields! Yep, I like MY harvests to be Maximum Yields!

Here is the article I like to use as a reference if you're interested:

00.jpg Topping Cannabis Plants: Why, When & How
I am growing Purple Haze and Cafe Razer outside I wonder for yield do i trim 5th node or should I not bother?

Back
Top Bottom