Trichomes and harvest times

The progression should generally be: bright white pistils > dark pistils that crinkle in. At that point you start checking trichomes which will go from clear (not ready) to milky/cloudy (max thc and an 'up' high) to amber (more body stone and couch lock)

Once you get to cloudy trichs it becomes grower's choice depending on what effect you're after.

The progression should generally be: bright white pistils > dark pistils that crinkle in. At that point you start checking trichomes which will go from clear (not ready) to milky/cloudy (max thc and an 'up' high) to amber (more body stone and couch lock)

Once you get to cloudy trichs it becomes grower's choice depending on what effect you're after.
My wife and sister don't like couch lock the tricones are just turning amber and it's sativa so can you pull plants that show amber but look immature

20221026_171916.jpg

20221026_171646.jpg

20221026_171442.jpg

My wife and sister don't like couch lock the tricones are just turning amber and it's sativa so can you pull plants that show amber but look immature

Amber trichomes can occur for reasons other than indicating doneness.

You'll be better off not even checking the trichs until the pistols darken and crinkle in. That will still give you plenty of time to avoid couch lock.

You lose way too much potency by harvesting too early.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Mad grower

I agree with @Azimuth that it is too early to harvest.
What is the suggested flowering time?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Wow thank you guys for the info I'm a four year grower but even I don't know everything and I needed answers from the pros , I had 1 guy out of 4 of my friends, that told me that it needed to go longer , but however I would like to know why the tricones came out so soon could it be too much top shooter to early that's one thing I tried this time .

:lot-o-toke: what he said :passitleft:
Wow thank you guys for the info I'm a four year grower but even I don't know everything and I needed answers from the pros , I had 1 guy out of 4 of my friends, that told me that it needed to go longer , but however I would like to know why the tricones came out so soon could it be too much top shooter to early that's one thing I tried this time .
Even if it's a hybrid mix, but still Sativa dominant, it should take about 70 to 75 days to finish from point of small buds, buttons I call them, and then start count...and your pre-mature amber may be to how close, and what kind of light you're using, an HID will cook them if it's too close, and make them look darker :passitleft::goodluck::snowboating:

Let it go a while.longer and it got orange and the buds are turning spots of amber tricones here are some pictures after I trimmed it last night , should I cut it down now

16677580672324183795502565769519.jpg

1667758102219472659461281288765.jpg

16677581430999201164469750350500.jpg

Peak potency is when your tricones are just starting to turn amber but I just grew one where the amber showed up early for some reason and I've waited another week and it's seems ready for harvesting after 45 days in flower strange but the plant is healthy and ready I don't want it going to far , it's a sativa Chem dogg

Peak potency is when your tricones are just starting to turn amber but I just grew one where the amber showed up early for some reason and I've waited another week and it's seems ready for harvesting after 45 days in flower strange but the plant is healthy and ready I don't want it going to far , it's a sativa Chem dogg
If we harvest Avocados when they are ripe by the time you got them they would be rotten...same with tomatoes and many other agricultural goods...I am under the impression that like those other goods, cannabis continues to ripen on the vine. Have you ever noticed how around week 6 the smells are much stronger and different than at week 11...I have consistently with all strains I have grown.

If that is true then.... Wouldn't it ALL end up all amber? I won't argue that there is no progression after it is cut, but I think that stops when it is approaching jar-able moisture levels. Cutting flowers too early sacrifices a great deal of potential weight, so is it really more potent that way? If so, then going for less I guess in that case would be better, but nobody does that (that I know of anyway)

If that is true then.... Wouldn't it ALL end up all amber? I won't argue that there is no progression after it is cut, but I think that stops when it is approaching jar-able moisture levels. Cutting flowers too early sacrifices a great deal of potential weight, so is it really more potent that way? If so, then going for less I guess in that case would be better, but nobody does that (that I know of anyway)
Hi @Sueet
To my mind, chop means no more supply of water so resin will start to form crystals
That resin continues to mature but only slightly
So when you smoke clear/white/milky crystals, it delivers the highest hit for me

How do you know? Can you please share some links? I was under the impression clear is the peak potency.
Cloudy or milky is peak potency. As the trichomes age they begin to degrade to amber and the thc-a starts to turn to cbn and sleepy time effects.

Here's a video that discusses trichomes. It's been a while since I watched it but I think your question is answered in it.

Back
Top Bottom