Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Did you get wavy? Or just all white? Or 2700k 4000k alt? Just got mine up today. I'm really stoked for you bro! Idk I think building the lights and stuff in the room is just as addicting as growing....

I'll give a build update after I get the kiddos down. Mine are the "fusion board" wavys are next if I like these whenever they become available. Just gotta remember not to expect a tracking number haha

Quick update now that a bunch of parts came in over the last couple days.

Control panel layout. I'm still missing a digital pot for the second channel but it's not necessary till I get more boards. The box is a 10*10*4 drivers will be mounted on the wall above and below it. Panels from top left clockwise. Ch1 Digi pot, ch1 energy monitor, line voltage energy monitor (this will track total electrical costs for the room), ch2 energy monitor.

This is how they'll hang, wire leaders on a key ring with ratchet hangers. K.i.s.s.

Diodes are 2700k, 3500k, 6000k and some 660 reds. Average CRI of 92.9

I chose this board pattern as my first set bc the spectrum scales well from veg to flower with decreased distance and I didn't want to end up stuck with only a veg set at flower time.

I think building the lights and stuff in the room is just as addicting as growing....

I hear ya man. I think that's why I love the space buckets so much. Plus it's way cooler to say "I grow my bad ass homegrown in a bathtub! Or a frickin bucket!" Than it is to say "The guy at the store said this stuff was the best you can buy"

I was gonna do a space bucket like a tower like you did until I convinced my wife that we don't use one of our bathrooms. JACKPOT!

Mine has offered to let me have the office on the other side of the mech room but I could never afford to outfit that much space right now. It would be awesome though. A little under 9'*12' with a 7 foot drop ceiling. Who knows maybe one day. Haha

First bean up Afghan Kush Ryder. I'm betting one of the kush autos comes next.

Been a little crazier than normal around here lately with some other junk so the room has suffered. I did manage to get some of the new boards up, I omitted all the monitors and central control box for right now but I can just add them in later as I have time or when I reset after the autos. I got a little distracted with designing a new fixture while I was supposed to be building this one... However, I did find out that I can stuff 9 boards in there if I build the frame from tube stock and use a dual layer arrangement. So that's pretty freaking sweet.

It's not much to look at but it should get me through this run.

It's just 1" aluminum angle .125" thick available at home depot/Lowe's some local lumberyards carry it. I used button head screws and nylock nuts to keep it all in place.

I've got a little over 60 inches from the bottom of the lights to the sub floor. You can see how bad the duct work alteration killed my head room but it is what it is. With scrogged plants I'll have more than enough room even with a 5 gal bucket dwc

And there was light!

Just got caught back up turbo, man that is looking like a science fair project. I can’t keep up with all the LED knowledge, but I feel like I’m learning just reading up on what you have going on. All your babies are looking strong, it’ll be a full jungle before you know it

Just got caught back up turbo, man that is looking like a science fair project. I can’t keep up with all the LED knowledge, but I feel like I’m learning just reading up on what you have going on. All your babies are looking strong, it’ll be a full jungle before you know it

Thanks Bear. Feels a bit like one at the moment. When I can finally run these Chambers head to head it will be all be well worth it.

Not a good day for phobos in the turbo-closet. Looks like one of them burned out already. Not pleased. I'm really not sure what happened. 5 boards in series 36fv @2100ma on hlg480-2100. Swapped in the spare and everything looks good, 30.4v each board 152v total circuit. If anyone that's actually run a setup this big has any input that would be cool. @TheMadDabber hasn't been by in a second maybe he'll have a thought, or maybe @Rider509 or @PurpleGunRack can chime in? It's like I shorted out the PCB path.. adding a big resistive load to the circuit creating a voltage drop,3 boards still lit up and were dimmable but the other two were not. If it's a bad board fine I'll deal with that. Just really don't want it to be something I missed and end up cooking another board.

On the other side of the room the old blurples still cranking.

I'm here! Sorry been busy myself. Dude I know how to wire and some basic electric principals but nothing like rider. And by the sounds of it your better educated than I also.

Have you contacted the manufacturer?

All I know is if the board were faulty the others wouldn't or shouldn't light up.... I think? Right? Are all the connections solid? You said 2 didn't light up how did you determine which of the 2 was the bad 1?

The manufacturer answered 1 of 3 emails pre purchase, 1 of 4 while trying to get a tracking number and I got the boards before I ever got that. So I'm going to try sending some emails starting Monday but I'm not holding my breath. I'm currently searching for a new alternative, chilLED has some nice ones available next month. If nothing else I'll just go quantum.

Thanks Dabber maybe Rider will stop in. To diagnose the bad board I just disconnected and jumped it out and the other 4 lit, swapped in spare still 4 lit, put original back in, no light on two. Currently have it running with 4. It sounds like mismatched series/parallel wiring but 152v total circuit disproves that. Which leads me to shorted board. I dunno honestly I work with electrical a lot and this has me stumped. Which is why I feel like I must have blinders on, I'm missing something, or just putting too much faith in the product to not burn up in 3days @ <%75 output

Very weird indeed. Yeah growmau5 just dropped some pucks that are 4000k and 660nm they fit pinned heat sinks. Lots of good lights. But maybe there are lots of bad ones too.... hope they do right by you

Even elsewhere I'm not finding much information. It's kinda lonely with these monsters lol
when shit hits the fan with either the room or the lights it's kinda like....uhh....k...so like....umm.. Where's the calculator.... Sometimes I wish I had just bought a tent LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom