Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Yeah I was just a bit confused driving home in 40° weather yesterday. The roads are fully plowed.... looks like summer is coming early this year!! Our recent overnight lows are what our high temps are normally. Time to drop some autos and fast seeds!!!!

My first grow was this crystaley! I believe it’s the light spectrum that you are using thats making them smaller but better quality? Not positive that’s y though.

It's a pretty ghetto rigged setup right now but it's better than hand watering.

The pump I use. It's 28" of lift to the manifold and this doesn't have enough pressure to use the 1 gph drip heads so they just drip straight from the manifold which means they don't all get exactly the same amount and that's a bummer.

The pump sits in a bucket between the two tents small inline filter to keep there manifolds clear
Ball valves to switch between tents
I just run it in through the window zipper for now.

I only have the 5 gal rez so I have to fill it twice every morning, both tents get 5 gals everyday. So not quite as nice as a big rez in that regard but it's easier to keep clean because it's not full of water all the time.
I don't have a float switch on the pump so it's likely to get burned out if I don't watch the water level while I'm pumping.
If you close your drainage system and add a diffuser or diffusers at the bottom you nuts would go further. Oversaturated soil is usually bad. However if you add oxygen your are literally breathing life into the soil. :passitleft:

My first grow was this crystaley! I believe it’s the light spectrum that you are using thats making them smaller but better quality? Not positive that’s y though.

Thanks for stopping by Jed. I agree with that statement. I think if I had a little more power behind them I would see bigger buds.

I'm hoping some land today...

That would be sweet!

If you close your drainage system and add a diffuser or diffusers at the bottom you nuts would go further. Oversaturated soil is usually bad. However if you add oxygen your are literally breathing life into the soil. :passitleft:

I'm in Coco now. Watering daily, there's plenty of oxygen in the root zone.

I haven’t had enough experience to run with coco. There’s a lot to do however the payoff I believe is better than soil. ‍♂

I actually looked into doing a hydro soil setup for quite a while. I use well water that's relatively hard, air stones tend to give me nasty pH swings. (Although with these dynagrow nutes it may not matter as much.) So I settled on soilless drain to waste. I was using lightly amended pro mix hp and just switched to Coco a couple runs back. The plant size difference was amazing so I stayed with it.
I really like the idea of sub irrigated planters utilizing some sort of undercurrent style setup to recirculate and oxygenate the water. Maybe some day. Your right though catching some of this runoff would certainly cut down on my nutrient use.

I actually looked into doing a hydro soil setup for quite a while. I use well water that's relatively hard, air stones tend to give me nasty pH swings. (Although with these dynagrow nutes it may not matter as much.) So I settled on soilless drain to waste. I was using lightly amended pro mix hp and just switched to Coco a couple runs back. The plant size difference was amazing so I stayed with it.
I really like the idea of sub irrigated planters utilizing some sort of undercurrent style setup to recirculate and oxygenate the water. Maybe some day. Your right though catching some of this runoff would certainly cut down on my nutrient use.
I won’t lie... trying to get the soil saturation correct was very very trying! If you attempt this I would use a 50 50 mix of your soil. The FF soil has a very high saturation rate.

Managed to get about 3/4 of tent #2 defoliated today.
Before:

After:

A little action stirring in the baby bucket. It's holding around 78-80°f with the thermostat set for 85. Hopefully the rest will show themselves in the next couple of days.

Go bucket babies go! Yeah that's another jam packed tent dude. Well done. Seems that dyna grow is treating ya well. I think I saw some at the store, but for Rose's? I didnt see like veg bloom options

Back
Top Bottom