Grnshawty

Pot Size: 2gal
Medium: Fox Farm HF,OF, & SF (added perlite), layer of hydroponic clay pebbles at bottom of pots
Lights: Viparspectra 1000w (18/6 Veg), Bestva 2000w (12/12 Bloom)
Nutrients: Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, & Cha Ching
Great White Mycorrhizae, General Hydroponics Rapid Start, General Hydroponics Foralicious+
and Grandma’s Blackstrap Molasses
Strain: {Feminized} Tutankhamon (Pyramid Seeds) on left, Blueberry (Dutch Passion) on right
Current temp/humidity: 73F/60%
Ventilation: Vevor 8in in-line fan, 6in isolating fan (will add another throughout grow)
Grow Tent Size: 4x4

*Started from seed in red solo cup using FFHF watering with General Hydroponics Rapid Start, then transplanted into 2gal with FFOF, watered with FF Grow Big (2tsp/gal) & Big Bloom (4tsp/gal) ,also filmmed main top to slow growth to have even canopy on (8/21), started some LST and light defoliation on (8/23)….today I foliar fed using General Hydroponics Floralicious+ (1tsp/gal)

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

I see that you're going to be moving to the bestva at flip, can we see it please? If it's one of the lights I'm thinking of it seems like it's going to be a bit underpowered for a 4x4. That supposed 2000w isn't true, it'll be pulling around 200 watts. That "1000w" you have going is 100w true from the wall. My flower room (4x4) has 4 150watt panels that I ramp up weekly through flower until maxed out near week 7. Light intensity is the one of the most important parts of the equation. Only other question I would have is are you planning to up pot? 2 gallon seems small to me. I always go by the maxim, bigger the roots, bigger the fruits. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

I see that you're going to be moving to the bestva at flip, can we see it please? If it's one of the lights I'm thinking of it seems like it's going to be a bit underpowered for a 4x4. That supposed 2000w isn't true, it'll be pulling around 200 watts. That "1000w" you have going is 100w true from the wall. My flower room (4x4) has 4 150watt panels that I ramp up weekly through flower until maxed out near week 7. Light intensity is the one of the most important parts of the equation. Only other question I would have is are you planning to up pot? 2 gallon seems small to me. I always go by the maxim, bigger the roots, bigger the fruits. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.
Thx for the info…all this is a trial run as this is my 1st time using LED…going to see how well they can perform and if it suits my needs. As far as the pot, I’ll be transplanting in 5gal about 10 days before the flip. Plan on veggin till Oct 1st.

UPDATE

Pots were light, so feeding time!

Got some Fox Farm Wholly Mackerel & Kelp Me Kelp You

Today was light feeding with Wholly Mackerel, Kelp Me Kelp You, & Molasses (1/4 tsp/gal each)

Super cropped 1 stem on Tutankhamon as it was stretching higher, removed 1 leaf on Blueberry and did some tucking of some leaves on both and gave the tent a wipe down.
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

Thx for the info…all this is a trial run as this is my 1st time using LED…going to see how well they can perform and if it suits my needs. As far as the pot, I’ll be transplanting in 5gal about 10 days before the flip. Plan on veggin till Oct 1st.
I'm interested to see your results, I'm not one for repotting after the solo cup. Different grow style completely though. I go into a 7 gallon bag for a short flower and a 10 Gallon for longer duration. Veg a minimum of 6 weeks. I've always felt like anytime I've ever transplanted throughout the grow they get stunted and I end up wasting at least a week on recovery time. I'll be following along, excited to see what you can coax out of them. :Namaste:

I'm interested to see your results, I'm not one for repotting after the solo cup. Different grow style completely though. I go into a 7 gallon bag for a short flower and a 10 Gallon for longer duration. Veg a minimum of 6 weeks. I've always felt like anytime I've ever transplanted throughout the grow they get stunted and I end up wasting at least a week on recovery time. I'll be following along, excited to see what you can coax out of them. :Namaste:
Curious about the grow bags…..do they drain from the bottom or expect to drain from sides as well?

From the sides as well. As soon as my girls get big enough to send roots down to the bottom and I'm starting to actually water more thoroughly, I put a tray or saucer under them. I always use a saucer that is just barely bigger than the bag. I'm not looking to have them sitting in a puddle, but I'll fill the bottom and let her soak up as much as she wants. When it stops absorbing so quite so fast you're done. I always make sure the top of the soil is nice and moist, but about 75% goes in the bottom. It is affectionately known as butt chugging lol. Look it up if you want details.

From the sides as well. As soon as my girls get big enough to send roots down to the bottom and I'm starting to actually water more thoroughly, I put a tray or saucer under them. I always use a saucer that is just barely bigger than the bag. I'm not looking to have them sitting in a puddle, but I'll fill the bottom and let her soak up as much as she wants. When it stops absorbing so quite so fast you're done. I always make sure the top of the soil is nice and moist, but about 75% goes in the bottom. It is affectionately known as butt chugging lol. Look it up if you want details.
Thanks..I'll probably stick to plastic pots then

UPDATE

Did some supercropping and topped 1 head on Tutankhamon, topped all heads on the Blueberry….also foliar fed with Floralicious+ yesterday (9/1)…Today I watered with Wholly Mackerel (1/2 tsp), Kelp Me Kelp You (1tsp), Grow Big (1 1/2 tsp), Big Bloom (1tbsp) & top dressed with Great White Mycorrhizae (1/4 tsp)….also sprayed some neem oil around the rim of pots (preventive maintenance)

Swapped out the Viparspectra 1000w with the Bestva 2000w (at 75%)…..after I transplant before flower I’ll be adding another 6in fan and another Bestva 2000w

Just gonna let these girls recover and branch out more before I do anymore training (well that’s the plan)
IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0046.jpeg
IMG_0047.jpeg

UPDATE

Decided to transplant into 5gal tall pots last Sunday , also reduced light down to around 65%(think it was getting too much light 20inches away)….been giving regular feeding….the last feeding i fed with 2tsp Grow Big, 3tbsp Big Bloom, and 2 tsp Kelp me Kelp you…..lollipopped and defoliated probably gonna let it veg this week out then flip…we shall see…want a little bit more growth

IMG_0073.jpeg
IMG_0075.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0074.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom