Matt's First Time Grow In Soil

MattThe3x3

420 Member
Welcome to my grow!!
I will be starting my first grow in the next couple weeks and members here thought it a good idea to get ahead a little and start a journal.
This will be my first ever grow period, and will be needing all the advice I can take!

Materials
  • Diy 3x3x72ish cardboard wardrobe grow area. (To be made still)(Flower Area)
  • TopoGrow 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent 36"X24"X53" 600D High-Reflective W/2-Tiered (Veg Area)
  • BESTVA DC Series 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum (For Flower)
  • Phlizon Newest 600W LED (Veg)
  • 2 Grow Lights 80W, ASUNDOM Panel Full Spectrum (Seedlings)
  • VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Duct Fan (Flower area)
  • VIVOSUN 4 inch 203 CFM Inline Duct Fan (Veg area)
  • General Hydroponics Rapid Rooters
  • 3 inch and 7 inch humidity domes
  • VIVOSUN 10"x20.75" Seedling Heat Mat
  • Electric Mini Dehumidifier
  • Electric Mini Humidifier
  • Ph and TDS meter
  • 3 1-gallon Smart pots and 3 3-gallon Smart pots
  • FFOF soil
  • Perlite
  • Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio
  • Ph ⬆ and ⬇
  • Clonex
  • I have my timers, snips, humidity monitor, temp monitor,hygrometer,material for scrog and Lst
  • I will be wanting to learn how to top and mainline when the time comes, want to be able to train the least amount of plants to fill my canopy and get me the best yield possible with the stuff I have, after I have a few grows under my belt I will be looking into a perpetual grow!! More updates to follow and please give me any feedback, all is welcome just be respectful!

You are starting with a good plan, something may don't. It's great to see you've started a journal so we can follow your progress. Lots of pictures please!

:thumb:

@Sctanley007 See that is one of the questions I had.......with ffof and 20% perlite with FF nute trio, you think I will still find the need for it, if so I will add it to my list happily

Other questions I have are:​
  • Living in a high humidity and temp location and with having a a/c on in same room as grow tents will this help my tents keep the right temps easily? I also have a big dehumidifier as well for when my mini one can't keep up!
  • How many plants can i fit in a 3x3 canopy while performing lst and hst? ( Just in general-I know there isn't any 100% guarantee but I don't want to start more seeds then I can handle at first!
  • I have many more but most will come with when I run into a problem or before-when I start building my diy flower room I will take photos

@Sctanley007 How many plants can i fit in a 3x3 canopy while performing lst and hst? ( Just in general-I know there isn't any 100% guarantee but I don't want to start more seeds then I can handle at first!
Anywhere from four to nine, depending on how long you want to keep them in veg.

I actually needed to edit my response for accuracy.

Last run was 3 3gal smart pots and 2 1.5 gal plants.

This run is 6 nursery pots which is going to be tight.

Hello , glad to see you have all the gear required ahead of time and with a little knowledge and some good advice from a few of the veteran growers I am sure you will have a really great harvest , welcome aboard :goodluck:

I remembered replying to this thread a while ago and hunted it down to add something very important to have on hand. Electrical tape or duct tape. Chances are at some point you're gonna snap something and will appreciate having it on hand in the midst of what is normally an "oh shit" moment.

Back
Top Bottom