Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent

It's been a little quiet in here so I figured it was time for another video update... :popcorn:

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 1/11/2011

That brown stuff on the leaves is nutrient burn, I recognize it from having
raising a couple veggies and giving them too much nutes.

From what I read on Greg Green's and Jorge Cervantes experiences that
usually means its time to give the plants half of the nutes the instructions
say to give it. Lookin' good though Leo :slide: as long as there is no salt
buildup it shouldnt be more than a cosmetic problem ;)

As for trimming the bottom of the plants I dont think its necessary until
the flowers get a bit bigger and you start to notice little to know growth
in that area, it looks almost kinda looking like you scrogged the plants
cept there is no canopy :)

Everything looks really good. :thumb:

I would just let the plants grow, they don't need trimming until the leaf is of little value to the plant. Those bottom leaves will fall off soon.

I agree about the nute burn. But, that's not a really bad case, just a warning that you need to address it.

Fantastic Len!

You could rotate the plants to center etc.

Looks great though looks great. :goodjob:

Thanks Saturn and Turttle, I guess we just wait it out.:yummy:

Here's a couple of pics form yesterday...
top37.jpg

bigbudtobe.jpg

Thanks Qazz, and welcome! These lights seem to be working well so far.

Ok, here's another video update. If you have any idea what I did to two of the mother plants, please chime in!

Also, if anyone has any input on how I've been watering or what's causing the tips to brown, or has any opinions on dropping to 15% strength on the nutes today, please let me know. Thanks!:bong:

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 1/22/2011

Leo, great job! Looking beautiful. I've found this post extremely helpful in diagnosing issues:

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks Mr. Krip, that link was really helpful. I think the 2 moms got PH damage, and I think the flowering girls may have been getting just a little too much nutes. But I also think watering at 15% was too light, I think they may be a little deprived today, so I'll probably water again in the next couple of days at 75% and see what happens. :thanks:

Might want to try some epsom salt on the sad looking mother. Tablespoon per gallon It covers a lot of deficiencies.

PH has to be good though or it won't matter what you put in.

Either your ph meter is off and it only affects the one plant or the soil that went into that bucket was somehow different. Never know.
But just one plant makes me think there is something in the soil that is causing it.

Chop it and stop wasting your time on it, you have enough and it will not be a strong mother anyways.

Sorry, forgot.

Looking really good meng! :party:

They didn't take long to switch over did they? You didn't waste your time by extra veg, looking really good. :bravo:

Nice mistake. :grinjoint:

Those Pro-Grow LEDs and light mover really seem to be a solid combination. I had wondered early on as to how the benefits of LED lamps in motion would compare to HPS.

Either way, your ladies are looking marvelous! :yummy:

Thanks Saturn and Endive, I'm pretty pleased so far, but it is my first run and alot can still go wrong. Plus, I'm dealing with the browning tips or something still, I don't think it's serious but I need to be watching it and get it under control immediately. Saturn, I may try the epsom salt trick if they don't turn around or the problem gets worse. Thanks for the tip!

I'm a total newbie so disregard any input that you think isn't worthy. I ran across this site and thought you might have
OVER FERTILIZATION
Causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. To correct soil should be flushed with three gallons of water per one gallon of soil.

I'm a total newbie so disregard any input that you think isn't worthy. I ran across this site and thought you might have
OVER FERTILIZATION
Causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. To correct soil should be flushed with three gallons of water per one gallon of soil.

Yeah but a flush should only be done as a last resort (like if the plant only continues to get worse from an adjustment period of giving it less nutes)
I'm a newbie too.

Leo,

I have a very similar set up as yours. Can you tell me what type of pump you are using (and any connectors and sizes and such) to pump your solution through the hose into your watering wand? I can't seem to make my work with enough pressure using a 75 GPH pump.

Also do you have a certain measurement to feed by- such as 200ML of solution on each plant daily, or are you just eyeing it out as they feel dry?

Just started with the Hydro Hut LEDs and i'm pretty happy. 2 550's in a 4 x 8 x 6 tent.

In week 2 in same tent, 3 gallon buckets, soil is Fox Farm ocean Forrest. Using General Hydroponics Micro, grow, Bloow, Florilicius, and BioRoot.

Have 2 small fans moving air in. Haven't exhausted yet since the tent stays open most of the day.

Have a CO2 tank but haven't been utilizing it just yet. Should I be in week 2? On what schedule (I have it on a 15 minute per hour cycle now) just not plugged in.

Medicating down in SoCal.

Thanks.

Hey Warrriorpoetny, welcome to the journal! You should start one of your own with your setup, I would love to see it.

I use a 550 gallon pump from Hydrofarm, it sounds like your pump isnt powerful enough.

As far as how much to water, I give them what I think they need based on their weight. I'm not very precise or anything, just lift them to see what they feel like. I end up giving very little to the girls on the edge and much more to the bigger ones in the middle.

You should get your CO2 tank filled and turn it on as soon as you can, it helps in veg too. I have mine set to 30 psi and the flow meter at just slightly above 2 (if your tent is closed then you could probably set it to just below 2). But the directions tell you how to set it up and how to calculate how much you need. I run mine for 2.5 hours straight when the lights come on in the morning (that should fill the room to 1400-1500rpm or so), then it runs 15 on and 15 off the whole day until it goes off at night when the lights go off.

Hope that's helpful, and good luck!

I burned sulfur to help in my garden and it worked wonders! Only did two treatments and I was good for the remainder of my grow. I was growing in a room in my basement that was 18 x 14. I was using a 5 x 4 section along the back wall for vegging and a 3 x 3 area in the middle of the room for flowering. I walled each section off so as to allow for light separation, but for the most part the room was left completely open. The one grow I didn't use a sulfur burn and I had issues. Now I just try to be proactive and plan a sulfur burn once I get everything dialed in an running the way I want. It doesn't harm the plants, takes no major effort, and helps me to be safe than sorry down the road.

Hey MzDankity, thanks for the advice:) If I start seeing any mold, mildew or anything like that I'll try the sulfur, but the room is really clean still and I think I found the culprit. Do you have a journal going?

So, I'm thinking the heat was the problem, maybe the nute regiment got messed up a little from the extra month of veg that I was feeding them full flower nutes, but I'm pretty sure it was the heat. For 2.5 hours when the lights come on in the morning I had the fans off while the CO2 was pumping, and during that time the temp went up to the upper 80's or higher in large pockets of the canopy where it's most intense under the lights. I also discovered that my thermometer wasn't giving me accurate readings for an unknown time because the battery was low. I'm pretty sure this is going to cost me in loss weight, but I don't know how much. Unfortunately it was the best plants that were effected, the buds on them still look good but a ton of fan leaves and a bunch of sugar leaves got damaged.

Look for another video update in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom