Two autos

While I'm here, could you give me a little advice please.
I germinated a white widow auto in paper towels the other day. Planted it into its final pot
It had been two days and nothing broke the surface. So I scraped back 6 mm of soil to find two huge chunks of perlite sitting on the seedlings head. It's forced its head down to its feet. Will this recover and straighten up?? This was completely buried. I've just exposed this
Screenshot_20210523-204943.jpeg

seed germination
first i soak the seeds in water for 24hrs
20210331_094939.jpg

Then I hydrate some jiffy pellets
20210331_083305.jpg

20210331_093144.jpg

Once the seeds have soaked for 24hrs they go into the jiffies and into a propagator.
20210331_095414.jpg

The two pellets in the middle are the only pellets with seeds, the others around the outside are wet empty blanks, they're there to regulate moisture and heat to stop the two in the middle drying out.
20210331_095646.jpg
usually 48hrs later or so..
20210402_101614.jpg

Then straight into the moist pot I prepared earlier.
20210402_124633.jpg

Use the wifes best spoon to dig a pellet sized hole and sprinkle a little mycho in the hole.
20210402_124817.jpg

Planted just of centre for training later.
Then under the light.
20210402_125238.jpg
The little seedling on the left is the 8 week old amnesia haze auto at the top of this thread.

While I'm here, could you give me a little advice please.
I germinated a white widow auto in paper towels the other day. Planted it into its final pot
It had been two days and nothing broke the surface. So I scraped back 6 mm of soil to find two huge chunks of perlite sitting on the seedlings head. It's forced its head down to its feet. Will this recover and straighten up?? This was completely buried. I've just exposed this
Screenshot_20210523-204943.jpeg
Yes squiggle ,she'll be fine.
She's a beauty.

Yes squiggle ,she'll be fine.
She's a beauty.
Cool. She was upside down with a boulder on her head. I always feel stoopid asking simple questions like that. But when I've never experienced these things before. It's all an unknown

what type of water do you use ? Do you just take it straight from the tap?

She was upside down with a boulder on her head.
Barnsley city centre on a friday night?
Yeah, just get her under a mild light and she'll straighten up.

Yep, I use city tap water, where I live is all chalk ground, you turn on the tap and lumps of chalk come out.
Seriously my water isn't good by northern standards, you've got great water up north.
I let mine sit out for 48hrs.

20210527_102736.jpg

Amnesia haze auto Day 58
Orange sherbert auto Day 34

The two plants are getting to big to share the tent, the little OS is just starting to stretch and the AH needs to have this tent to herself.
So I made a little makeshift bug-out shelter in my bedroom and pulled the OS out of the tent.
20210529_122001.jpg

The OS is developing a nice canopy , trimmed the leaves touching the soil and fed her, then moved her behind me so I could concentrate on opening up the amnesia in the tent.
Disaster!!
20210529_115928.jpg

I moved backwards forgetting the OS was behind me and pushed into it and SNAPPED a branch, gutted!
20210529_115932.jpg

It could have been worse as my ass is massive :laugh: . I gave it a repair and put her in her new digs, we'll see how she gets on.

20210527_102847.jpg

The AH is building bud nicely, fast buds reckon this is a 10 week strain :rofl: we're going into week 9 now and it's only just got going. I reckon 12 to 13 weeks.
20210527_102913.jpg

Ran the lights a bit hot on her, nothing bad just caused a demand for calcium, so fed her and backed the light off an inch or 2.

They're looking great mate. Shame about the branch snap but I'm sure it'll heal up without a major impact. I very nearly did the same thing last night when I was making adjustments to the tent. I was surrounded by plants and backed into one. Thankfully she was quite floppy at the time and just bent.

All looks great to me grow friend. I am close to harvest on my first "Auto" grow. I did "Tangerine Dream's" and "Blueberry's". It was a fun ride for me for sure, after only doing "photo's" before. I also got aggressive and tried topping/lst on one of each for a comparison. I had no stunting and actually the topped plants started flowering earlier as well.

I will always top from now on. The key for me was topping as I read, at the 3rd node about 3 weeks into veg. Decide for yourself, I'm no expert, but I feel great about my grow. I am here for more details if needed! Pic in tent were topped plants, then the 2 on the outer deck were untopped! All are same exact age!

Tan:Blueberry ...9 weeks old.JPG

Blueberry & Tan dream,,5-24-21,, 8.5 Weeks.JPG

All looks great to me grow friend. I am close to harvest on my first "Auto" grow. I did "Tangerine Dream's" and "Blueberry's". It was a fun ride for me for sure, after only doing "photo's" before. I also got aggressive and tried topping/lst on one of each for a comparison. I had no stunting and actually the topped plants started flowering earlier as well.

I will always top from now on. The key for me was topping as I read, at the 3rd node about 3 weeks into veg. Decide for yourself, I'm no expert, but I feel great about my grow. I am here for more details if needed! Pic in tent were topped plants, then the 2 on the outer deck were untopped! All are same exact age!

Tan:Blueberry ...9 weeks old.JPG

Blueberry & Tan dream,,5-24-21,, 8.5 Weeks.JPG
Yeah, those topped buds are stacked seniorweeder, I'd be well happy with them.
I've only done autos in a tent for the past year, before that I'd only done them in summer in the sunshine. I used to always top them,similar to you 4th node before day 21, but I found having 2 small tents 80cm×80cm the lst works better for me inside, gives me a little more control of training earlier.

I'll pop over and take a look.
Was your tangie and blueberry from fast buds?

Yeah, those topped buds are stacked seniorweeder, I'd be well happy with them.
I've only done autos in a tent for the past year, before that I'd only done them in summer in the sunshine. I used to always top them,similar to you 4th node before day 21, but I found having 2 small tents 80cm×80cm the lst works better for me inside, gives me a little more control of training earlier.

I'll pop over and take a look.
Was your tangie and blueberry from fast buds?
Sorry for the late response as we have had company for a while and I haven't been here in a while. I got my seeds from "Growers choice" and I recommend them. And Yes I kind of started a grow journal a while back but feel I didn't do something right because I didn't get many responses. I am old and techno challeged at times. Thanks for your kind comments friend!

Sorry for the late response as we have had company for a while and I haven't been here in a while. I got my seeds from "Growers choice" and I recommend them. And Yes I kind of started a grow journal a while back but feel I didn't do something right because I didn't get many responses. I am old and techno challeged at times. Thanks for your kind comments friend!
Lol yeah, I'm exactly the same with tech, it took me months to work out how to post pictures on here.
If you carry on with the journal people will eventually start joining in, I find it helps visiting others journals, when they get to know you they'll visit yours when they see it.
If you start another, I'll come over and check it out.

She was upside down with a boulder on her head
That cracks me up :laugh:
I kind of started a grow journal a while back but feel I didn't do something right because I didn't get many responses. I am old and techno challeged at times.
Yeah nah, don't be put off @Seniorweeder, I think just like @Listersmeghead said, it takes a while to get responses and probably helps to make a few of your own. These days I am no spring chicken either, but it's kinda nice to have a journal to sprout off in now and then. :smokin:

20210601_100332.jpg

Amnesia haze auto day 63.
9 weeks old today.
She has the tent to herself now and I opened her up to allow more light penetration. Just the case of letting the buds get fat now.
She still has a slight calcium deficiency
20210601_100605.jpg

The plant wants feeding/watering every 4 days now, so I'll have to up my game to meet her demands over the last 3 to 4 weeks.
20210601_100524.jpg

now the Orange sherbet in here tiny new makeshift digs.
20210603_121747.jpg

The OS is 39 days old.
20210603_121819.jpg

She's crammed into a little 50cm×50cm space for now, I'd like to spread her out a bit more but that's not gonna happen at the mo. I've got another tent but the space for it is right against a window, so even with curtains making a break the tent will still cook in the summer sun. I'm just gonna wing it with her.
If the temperature keeps rising, then I'll pull the tent down and finish them both in the sunshine.

20210601_100332.jpg

9 weeks old today.
She has the tent to herself now and I opened her up to allow more light penetration. Just the case of letting the buds get fat now.
20210601_100605.jpg

The plant wants feeding/watering every 4 days now, so I'll have to up my game to meet her demands over the last 3 to 4 weeks.
20210601_100524.jpg

20210603_121747.jpg

The OS is 39 days old.
20210603_121819.jpg

She's crammed into a little 50cm×50cm space for now, I'd like to spread her out a bit more but that's not gonna happen at the mo. I've got another tent but the space for it is right against a window, so even with curtains making a break the tent will still cook in the summer sun. I'm just gonna wing it with her.
If the temperature keeps rising, then I'll pull the tent down and finish them both in the sunshine.

Yeah buddy , those "Amnesia Haze" are jamming, I would lay em out flat as possible to get more light/air to the buds. That seems to work well for me and my bud development so far. I do it to "autos" as well as photo's!

Heres a pic of my Blueberry Auto I just flattened even more after getting my "Tangerine Dream" out of the box just last night! She is exactly 70 days old, but based on the Trichome colors I am still a week or 2 away from harvest I feel! Sorry but the pic is taken with my flip phone, " U heard me right" he-he. Whatcha think?

Blueberry Flat Out 10 Weeks old 6-2-21.JPG

20210601_100332.jpg

9 weeks old today.
20210601_100605.jpg

20210601_100524.jpg

20210603_121747.jpg

The OS is 39 days old.
20210603_121819.jpg

Looking good mate. you've got talent:thumb:I hear you on the temperatures rising..
There's method i used for quickly cooling the tent down the other year.
I froze 2ltr pop bottles full of water , stuck them in, with a little usb fan blowing on them . It's a cheap and quick fix if your stuck. They last all day as well.. just a thought!!

with my flip phone,
Nice. I've not seen one of them for years. Lol. I get the childrens old hand me down phones, I couldn't even tell you what it's called.

Those buds you've got look like they'd fall down under their own weight anyway :laugh: they look heavy.
I'd love to have the space to open a plant up like that...one day.

What light are you using?

Back
Top Bottom