Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

I recommend using foam and white plaster wall small enough to cover a window . Put foam against window and then board and exhale threw the window. It will hide your ducting, you can also build a box for your fan like a speaker box filled with speaker cotton so it muffled the inline fan the get loud. And also buy a fan speed controller to dial it in where you want it

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

Told the baby to lay down...well at least he listens
420-magazine-mobile1401428811.jpg

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What you need is a 6" VARIABLE SPEED inline fan and a charcoal can filter.

Put the filter inside tent

Put inline fan outside of tent sucking the air through the charcoal filter and out of the tent.

That air is just turned loose into whatever room your tent is in. That room is basically what you could call a "lung room".

You can open a window or run AC to control temps in lung room.

The reason I switched to LED lights from HID is because I found that controlling temperature effectively is a formidable challenge for indoor growers and that every BTU of heat created is working against me so for my needs, LED is the only choice.

Oh, it's also possible to daisy chain 2 tents together. (I think you mentioned 2 tents) You set up the filter and inline fan just as I described. You also add some hoses from the flower tent to the veg tent. Air enters the veg tent thru one of the screened openings at bottom. Air from veg tent is pulled into flower tent then thru filter and out into lung room.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Or you can put filter on floor fan sucking and and ducting out of tent to a window or attic and will reduce odor as a scrubber

One thing that happens when you discharge your grow air into an attic space is that the air and fragrance pass down through all of your walls so when you come home from work and put your key in the door you notice some delicious fragrances that ought not to be smelled from outside!!!!!

Does depend upon how your house is constructed. Mine is over 100 years old... So your mileage may vary but you've been warned.

These are serious concerns and are usually much more expensive and time consuming to figure out than one would expect.

My advice is to give this a lot of thought before you decide on a path. Once you blow your wad on revision #1 of the grow op only to realize that you took 4 months to grow 2 weeks worth of bud, you'll be in a hurry to find some cash to start building revision 2.0

Make wise choices and expect things to go not quite as you'd hope.

Thx for the pointers. I def am going to hook a in line fan up with a scrubber. There are several things that I definitely need to obtain and configure to get this in optimal working order. I think even when I get all my ducks in a row I will still only have a max of three plants in each tent at any given time.

Unfortunately with the holidays and how work slows this time of year I have to purchase items one or two at a time.

If you were only growing two plants would the odor be so strong as to you would be able to smell it outside the house and if so how far does it usually travel.

On a side note would a few ono bombs help in masking it?

Once again thank you for the wisdom you dropped on me ebnflow

I have a 4 inch inline carbon scrubber, and a 6 inch inline carbon scrubber that the ducting to cool light. My temps are perfect my humidity is perfect and odor is light anf i am 10 weeks into flowering

To be clear, I am still quite new but I have learned a lot from various failures and successes.

Regarding plant smell versus plant count, that's an impossible question to answer.

One plant can be grown to produce 1/2 oz or 1/2 pound or even 2 pounds.

All of this can be achieved indoors depending upon your time, space, and budget.

In my opinion, growing 1 or 2 plants under a scrog net and using the mainlining technique for training is the absolute sweet spot but go ahead and ask 10 other growers and be prepared for a lot of different answers.

I agree with you about main-lining and sog, but i don't like to use trellis i prefer using lst and a tomato cage to tie her off to when topping is finished. Spreads her out more for light exposure and have had good yeilds with this method but as EBnFLO said any grower will have there own touch to it so dial in on what works for you and your strain remember not all strains stretch the same or produce huge colas bc of indicia and sativa are both very different. I stick with hybrid indicia dom so my tent height isnt a issue. So far cotton candy and incredible bulk are both my favorite strains but looking forward to starting vanilla kush from barneys

Just my .02 from my experience on the carbon filter.. I have a 2x4x5 tent and had a hard time deciding whether to get a 4" or 6" fan and filter with it. I wound up getting the 4" and it's more than enough for my tent. I have a controller with it and keep it just under medium speed all the time. A 6" fan would have been serious over kill for me. That being said I have an LED light so heat is not an issue. I got the fan, filter, and controller in a package deal on Amazon for $100. Just sharing my experience:thumb:

Also I believe you said you ordered some auto seeds? If that's the case I would just start with one tent since you can keep them on the same light schedule for veg/flower. Might be a good way to save a little cash up front then you can always another tent later down the road.

Also I believe you said you ordered some auto seeds? If that's the case I would just start with one tent since you can keep them on the same light schedule for veg/flower. Might be a good way to save a little cash up front then you can always another tent later down the road.

I like that idea. Keep it simple for now until the flower area is all dialed in then make a mom/veg area later.

That's how i did it, i started with one tent. I only use fem seeds no autos here. So when 12/12 flip i purchased a 2nd tent for mothers and clones. My only problem is i like to use a heat mat for my clones so it bring humidity up a lot. Its only does this after i take cuttings from mothers and clone. When heat pad is off i am dialed in perfect for temp and humidity

Yeah im waiting on some auto acid and auto cheese along with a Dutch dragon fem.

My reason for ordering them was exactly how you said. It was the one tent and the light schedule for now.

What sucks is that I dont know if the two that I have now are male or female. They were seeds that we were lucky enough to find inside some smoke that was supposed to be some good bud. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I at least have one fem. It would suck to do all this for nothing but atleast its a learning experience to get me just a little more knowledge then I already knew.

If you were to get one of those led panels (the 2 x 2 panels) would that be sufficient enough for bloom

LED technology hasn't proven itself to me. I am old school and stick with HPS 1000 watt Super-lux bulb. And inline fan to cool down bulb. Two carbon scrubber for odor , but i do use a 300 watt LED for my veg tent with CFL lights to add white light. Sorry i couldnt answer your question but i think HPS is the only way to go for flowering, personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom