Unstoppable Vlad Goes Into Space - Journal 4.0 - Colombian Gold - DWC - LED

Hey fellahs,

I took back that bottle of micro nutrients. Everything was cool until I noticed it has Nitric Urea in it and that means the N would not be useful for my Lucas formula.

Nitric Urea requires soil environment to break it down into usable form for foliar or hydro applications... buyer beware

So I bought a PK formula with micro and will probably buy my Nitric Acid tomorrow

Going to be an explosive grow hmmm ? hahaha

IMG-20150912-01255.jpg
IMG-20150912-01254.jpg

Vlad

Glad to hear she resumed growth. I know how frustrating it can be with the start/stop growing. :) Congrats on scoring some new nutes. Don't be too hard on the old nutes. They did help turn out a fine big girl that you are currently able to enjoy :) Good luck buddy and looking forward to seeing some good things!

Thank you Bama! I am sorry I have not been around your journal lately, in fact I was still battling with global climate issues.

I grow in a room that has 50% RH and 62 F all day. It's been chilly lately. Hooked up a halogen but direct current was too hot. Hooked it to a 90 Volt transformer but it was still too hot, but at least isolated from the mains and safer. So then today I dug up a triac and put it inline with the halogen and voila... warm, not hot.

A triac is that slider switch jobby that dims your lights in the house.

So a variable that has been haunting me for a few weeks has been pinned down and rears its head no longer.

In celebration, I've popped 2 new acapulco gold beans. They are maybe only 6 months old.

So the cannabis incubator is set. Time to have a grow show.

Going real lite on the nutrients in the beginning. %50 strength or less.

Vlad

Glad to hear it Vlad! :) Yeah a rheostat or any variable resistor should help you control the current to that light. Glad you had something on hand. How is the Acapulco gold? That is a sativa? I have heard of it before, but it has been a while. I kept popping beans and it is biting me in the butt now. My first plants are bigger than my newest plants and since I went with one res it is starting to become challenging to keep all the girls happy with nutes. Are you going to use a single res or go with individual pots? Are you going for a sog or will you do some lst and let them get big like your last one? Good luck with the germination. And look forward to seeing them all in some pumice cups. :)

Howdy Bama,
Train your older plants. The more the merrier! Of course it's harder but there will be more buds waiting in the wings if you pull it off:thumb:

So I officially relaunched the grow today is day 1 from germination initiation. NO BS this time. Everything backed by photos for any constructive criticism. I ditched the pumis and used smaller holes in the net pots and went back to trusty old coco coir. Old seedling wasn't dialed in aaaaaaaand I killed it.

IMG-20150913-01257.jpg

IMG-20150913-01256.jpg

This is my "nursery res" which has the halogen inside to promote warmth until the 3rd leaves appear. Seems this acapulco gold seeds are tropical plants and won't germ well in 60 F temps. The white cup is holding water for added humidity buffer. The lid stays on and I lift it off a few times a day to check vitals and maybe give a spray if necessary.

IMG-20150914-01258.jpg

I planted 2 new beans in the nursery res and I installed a hygrometer and thermometer to get an eagle eye view on vitals.
My goal is 26 celsius max, or 80 F

After the nursery phase is over and I can introduce the plants to cooler temps, I will put each on in its own reservoir and flip to 12/12 as soon as possible. I am looking for a male and a female to get me some new seeds. Seeds are harder to come by for me, better stock up.

Way to go man! Excited to see how they like your nursery. Sounds like they will be well and truly pampered in there! Hope you get the male and female you are working on. I guess for you it is important that you get a male, You can save the pollen from what I understand, for a while until you get a female to pollinate. Good luck and will be watching. :)

Thankyou Bama,
I don't know how they could get any more cozy than that. But moving on now, thinking about the future...

Guess what this bottle is?

IMG-20150914-01263.jpg

That's Vlad's nitric acid 56%.

Brown fumes anyone? This is for people that don't give a F. So if you're not a scientist or at least prepared to don the gloves mask and ventilator, don't get any.

That's just a lot of N right there, the perfect complement to my beautiful PK + minors nutrient complex. I am going to dilute it 50/50 for practicality.

Moving on... got the new glass jar today. 650 ml capacity. I didn't weigh it. Early harvest anyway.

IMG-20150914-01261.jpg
IMG-20150914-01259.jpg
IMG-20150914-01260.jpg

Crystally. Smoke smell and taste are premium AAA, but not AAAAA which Is what I hope to get on this next grow. KABOOOOOOOM! no nitric acid explosions please.

Vlad

Haha comrades!

Good news ! Day 2 : Uncovered a little bean I planted yesterday and we have a popper! The other is still dormant but I will give it more time.

IMG-20150915-01264.jpg

Temps are perfect, humidity is 88.

So whooppee my nursery is working the way it was planned. We're not out of the woods yet though. Now to carefully nurture it and harden it off to take the slightly cooler ambients

Vlad

Just sold some bulbs away to a few local clients. Turns out that my Osram bulbs were not CMH but just vanilla MH with quartz technology.

The philips pictured is a CDM, (top bulb) and that's what I plan on running for flower, dual bulbs and dual philips e-ballasts. 150 watt x 2

The bottom one is a crappy generic knock off at end of life. The inner capsule cracked but didn't explode violently.

All of these are rated ENCLOSED. that means, don't run them open unless you want burning glass raining down. Although working with 100's of consumer grade lamps I've only seen one lamp explode. It was an outdoor lamp that had a cracked housing, water got in it while it was on and fired part of the bulb right out of the crappy paper thin aluminum housing. Make sure you get good lamp housings!

IMG-20150915-01265.jpg

Vlad

I have one vacant HID housing ready to be wired up for a sneak peak of what will be to come. I think I will do that tomorrow.

Vlad

Okay, finally have some living green in the house again.
IMG-20150917-01274.jpg

IMG-20150917-01275.jpg

Added this Fish Heater to my reservoir to give plant what it wants.
IMG-20150917-01272.jpg

Bubbles : Yes.
IMG-20150917-01273.jpg

Going to be a kick ass grow!

Here we go.... again. :theband:

Very interesting Vlad, I have been thinking about adding a dedicated light for my mother plants. Was thinking aboout getting another MH light, maybe a 100W one. I may end up going to my local light shop, I bet I can get something decent for a good price.
Thank you for sharing, I love your journals.

Thank you T.R. Chenzi + Bama, that's 100% correct, no problems only solutions!
Today I checked the other seed and it looks like it is swelling and hopefully should pop open in 24 hours. The temps are at 26 C in the seedling nursery.

The root on the seedling that I transplanted to the bubble bucket is growing!!! The true leaves are getting bigger + No sign of root stunting, that means the 300 ppm food mix is working and the temperature is perfect!!

Heh, I almost snapped it in half though as I confidently placed a rubber band around the top of the net pot with aluminum foil to seal in the moisture, and it slipped, nearly lopping the top clean off. DOH! But that happened last night and I see it grew overnight so no worries.

I'm stoked because it has been a difficult start this grow.

I am planning on using the seedling nursery as a cloner as well. I want to have clones rooting this grow :bongrip:

Vlad

LOL. I killed one of my PPP seedlings three weeks ago because a power cord I was moving ran over it and broke the stem. That plant never recovered and I had to cull it. I gave it a couple of days to see if it would recover but it did not. Very glad to hear that yours is showing new growth so no worries. :)
Sounds like your germination/cloning station is very good for the development stage. Congrats on that. Looking forward to some great results man.

It gets even worse when you only have 1 seedling in the whole garden. Oh well, I am looking at it chugging along. 1/2 of a dicotyledon was ripped off in the process but I'm not scared, there's nutrition in the water already and the warm temps seem to give it a turbo burst in growth. I will let it suckle on the solution until later today and then snap a picture.

DIY FRIDAY

So was digging around in the closet and decided to get some powerful LED boards ready to play.

IMG-20150918-01278.jpg

Each board is 40 watts real power

The big heat sink will hold the 40 watts, but if I add a fan, I could easily put a 100 watt chip on there.

Next up is my first 150 watt CMH with e ballast ready to go in the HID reflector.

IMG-20150918-01279.jpg

I still have to find a 2nd lamp for the other 150 watt CMH gear

I can't wait to fire them up!

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom