Urban Achievers Inner City Seeds of Promise

IMG_0007346.JPG

Seeds have been in a shot glass for about 24 hours. The Blue Dream (#1 BD) sank immediately last night and was cracked open when I got home this evening. The White Widow (#2 WW) was also cracked. The two Green Crack (#3 GC & #4 GC) looked like they were not but I wasn't too concerned as they were all being planted regardless of their attitude.

I packed 4 of the 1 gallon pots with the best soil I ever built...only soil I have ever built. Mashed it in there good and it felt like it was at just the right moisture level. I used a skewer to make a hole in the soil and placed my seeds in them, gently covering up the holes. Nothing to it. I put them directly into the 1 gallons to skip the paper towel process, or the solo cup/seedling pot deal, and limit the seed/plant/root disturbance. The Dude wouldn't put that much effort into it. I tend to agree.

These ladies will not be given names much like you dont name a pig that will be butchered when its fat. Instead, they get their unique number in lifetime sequential order, and their strain. This way I will know how many plants I have grown...and in the short term remember what the heck it is lol.

I should be getting my seed/veg tent tomorrow. Which will ease my obsession to having a clean grow as my freshly buried babies are roughing it in the basement with no shelter. Im a bad father lol.

Kicked back..:bong:- No doubt your gonna kick the hell out of this first run .:popcorn:
Best of Luck!
Thanks Braica! Welcome and thanks for joining us, I am hoping we get to see some beautiful plants, and even better buds. Fingers crossed.

I'm excited for you, subbed in for sure!
Welcome MsSinful, appreciate your hospitality, and I am finally excited for my own grow not just other peoples lol.

Its going to be a bit of a slow start but, should pick up steam as we go, I would love to have a christmas harvest but I will take what I get. The dude isnt greedy, he just wanted his bud back.

Hurray for the tent! Gotta shower these babies with gifts lol
lol there should be a steady stream of gifts coming in the mail the next week or so. They shall be well loved and adored.

Awesome, welcome to the smokefest, and thanks for following!

Im in as well! Cant wait to see how these turn out!

:peacetwo:
I know, I am super nervous/excited, its like christmas as a child. The anticipation is off the charts lol. I checked the pots this morning and nothing poking up...when I get home tonight I will make a beeline to the babies and see if anyone is popping up yet. It wouldnt look good if I took the lazy route and they failed to sprout or grow lol.

Got my small tent in, as expected not the best, but still a chance to get my plants into their space. My flower tent will be much stronger with better tent material. Seems to fit the 4 pots and trays nicely though, plenty of room for air movement, and works in my smaller space.
IMG_0009333.JPG

I also received my fan controller and ph soil test kit. So of course I tested my soil immediately lol. Looks like its in a pretty good spot, within the preferred PH anyway, I read between 6 and 6.5. It changes slightly in various light sources.
IMG_0008346.JPG

Ordered my main tent today as well as a 2L proper sprayer/mister for foliars. I Put a hygrometer into the tent to see how the temps and rh sit over the next few days with the pots and light in the there. Now I patiently wait for the next stage of rookie funzies. So here are some cheezy poofs.

Found ya! Stealing a poof. .CRUNCH. thanks :)
Heheh welcome! I believe in free cheesy poofs, also in freeing the oppressed cheesy poofs

Awesome Welcome aboard and help yourself to the party favours :volcano-smiley:

I'm really excited for you. Wouldn't miss this. I would like to raise my pipe to your first grow. May your plants grow beyond your wildest expectations. .❤️ Thanks for all your support, let the good times grow.

Ahhhh bless your soul G2HM, thank you for the support and pipe blessing, you are an inspiration and its an honor to have you checking in here. :Namaste:

Nothing to report today. Dodged a bullet since I almost bought some of that Girl Scout Crack from Seedsman lol, my wife doesnt like the name Green Crack...cant imagine what she would say when I grew those.

Well, theres alotta in's, lotta out's, and what have you's...but if your listening to the dudes story...

I have only been looking in on the plants once in the AM and once in in the PM to mist the seed locations. Stopped now that they have sprouted and have roots into the moister soil. I suspect the roots are freaking out and mapping their domain. I will give it the first water once think the pot is dry enough, with a sprouted seed tea to give the leaf growth a swift kick in the ass. I saw some bird seed laying around the other day so I might use that. The other option is to give the soil the first aerated compost tea with the boogie brew mix. Hmmm maybe foliar with the sst and feed soil with the tea.

The two GC are the first to report for duty. Here is a few photos of the shorter stockier seedling.

Day one post-birthing procedure (we kinda bonded) I had to peel off the shell. That may gave been a product of skipping the paper towel germination post soak. But I wanted champions, warriors, and you gotta push through 2cm of earth to even get into the starting rotation.
(Green Crack HSO)
IMG_0011301.JPG

Same plant day 2. I expect a slow visual pace as the roots seek out the soil space, and there is a lot of space in the 1 gal pots.
(Green Crack HSO)
IMG_0012283.JPG

The white widow is a bit hobbled at the moment. It seems I botched the birthing process with it and did not get all the seed case off. It has to overcome growing upside down for the time being or shake off the kinked membrane in a slow motion hulk rage...whatever comes first. Might choose another freebee if this tribute fails to achieve.

The blue dream seed didnt crack after all, I didnt trust that shady bastard from the start, who sinks to the bottom of the shot glass right away anyway? Heathens, thats who. So another one of the BD has been sacrificed to the paper towl gods and placed on the T5 HSO Lamp of Judgement to await her destiny.

:smokin: (few pulls of an old school doob of Lemon sour diesel tonight).

I also noticed I have two t5 bulbs one temp and two another with no clear markings to identify which is which.(2 x 2700k, 2 x 6500k). I deduced their temp by their color. I may just go grab a few to make them all the same (or two 5k to balance the 6500). I dont need flower or stretch at this point.

Lastly I should add I have an old entry level DSLR with a few decent lenses that I will be using to document this grow, along with my cell camera. The seedling shots are with my DSLR and a 100mm macro lens. I also have a 70-200mm lens and the basic 18-55mm that comes stock. Figure I will be able to sharpen/highlight/zoom in, and be able to identify deficiencies, pests, or check on trichomes.

Enough rambling lol, peace folks
:volcano-smiley:

Damn! The DLSR really beats the crap out of my 750$ phone w. 20 megapixel cam..... wish I could capture those awesome shots with this thing. Both my seedlings came up what's sounds similar to your white widow. Doubled over but as soon as the felt light they totally jumped to attention :) hopefully yours will too.
I like where your head is at with the 5000 and 6500 combo Urb. I had the exact same thought process and later today the girls will be under their own 6500k and sharing the light from one 5000k. All is looking well so far! Keep it up and keep us posted :)

-dabber

Back
Top Bottom