Urban Achievers Inner City Seeds of Promise

Woohoo! Congrats on the lovely looking harvest! .

I'm sure you will enjoy all the smoke, it looks killer!

Thanks for sharing it with us all dude ...
Thank you GM! I really hope I didnt muck it up. Time will tell how well it cures and smokes. I have high hopes, or hope for highs lol

Congrats man those are some tasty looking buds.. love the colors and all that frost! Well done urban!! ....
Thanks IT, the photographer part of me was super impressed, the stoner part of me wanted more yield. But I am happy with the first effort.

Man you have a pile of bud there lol. That WW might be a midget but her buds look great. You have done a great job and I have really enjoyed following your grow. I'm sure you have learned a whole lot this being your first grow and I'm looking forward to s your future grows. Again great job and best of luck to you....️
The WW has the densest buds by far. Rock hard. I will enjoy what I get from that for sure. Probably around 5 grams after its dry, could be up to 8, but we shall see. I definitely learned a lot this grow. I think I can improve on this. Thank you for following along ECG.

...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
lol thanks DrHook

Hey UA. Nice job! Congrats. Thanks for sharing it with us.
much appreciated CG. Happy to have the support.

Congrats Urb! Great following along with this one, and I look forward to everything the future holds for you!
Thank you DW, I know we will be rocking out future grows and getting stronger and stronger results.

Nice grow.
Thanks JM, worked out so far

lol thanks Dynamo.

So I have done my trimming, may have been a bit eager, the plants had hung for 12 hours. Trimmed the 4 plants and they are now separated, in paper bags, and chilling in the mini fridge. The slow and low has begun.

The Amnesia OG is alone in the flower tent. She still has a fair amount of clear and cloudy trichomes. The yield on this will be much more normal. I suspect genetics and new soil combined with a first grow is the reason the other plants are so wispy and poor yielding. However every gram is money saved. $10-$12 per gram at this point.

I have ordered a few things that are on the way. A few lights with soft boxes and stands for taking photos. Basically provides a light source without the harshness.

I also ordered a few small hygrometers to help me dial in the cure. I have a bunch of masonry jars that will do the trick. Also got some 58% boveda packs on the way. The 62% were too pricey in comparison. They need to dial their greed back a bit. Supply and demand I guess.

Also have some mosquito dunks on the way to deal with some fungus gnats in the soil and soil storage.

If you havent checked out the new grow, please head over and sub up, would enjoy all of your company and input for this next crop. Link is in my signature. I imagine I will have some sweet photographs up there for you folks into that.

Took a few photos as I rotated the drying buds.

I think this is Green Crack #4
3850c65d6405765b8a48570991f4c823.jpg

Blue Dream #5
aca5f78e73a19adf4b42c66f138abf32.jpg

Green Crack #3
a37a00ea991c3be50c397e7682b92e6c.jpg

Finally the few chunky nugs off of the white widow #2
f690c04d1d07d0aaacef1c966fc05199.jpg

Congrats on that 1st ever harvest brother. Feel proud of yourself brother, you did an excellent job! Now what are you waiting for....plant some new beans!!!

Thanks brother, I am pretty stoked, no actual complaints from me lol.

I have a new journal with new seeds. Blue Bud (BC Big Bud x Blueberry) and Gods Blue Warp (God Bud x Blueberry x Timewarp) from Jordan of the Island. So far they are vigorous and growing strong.

Hopefully I can raise the bar on the White Widow for you... They are the first two I popped for my next go round and they seem to really like the light. Stretching up for it already!

Did I spy an Ice Maker?

The black unit everything is sitting on is a mini fridge but has an icebox.

I don't know where it came from. But there is a lone seed in the WW jar. The jar was empty so I assume it's from the WW. Interesting.

The black unit everything is sitting on is a mini fridge but has an icebox.

I don’t know where it came from. But there is a lone seed in the WW jar. The jar was empty so I assume it’s from the WW. Interesting.

I was cleaning up from my drying area. I just have a piece of cardboard on the floor to catch the after was drips. Low and behold, as I'm collecting some of the loose trim I find a seed. Here's the problem. I've harvested all four of the strains I've currently got running so no clue as to the genetics involved in this seed. I put the seed into a zip lock and wrote a big question mark on it, with the potential four strains as well as which plant the pollen could have come from if at all. No matter how careful I am nature continues to surprise me. GOD I LOVE GROWING CANNABIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

Congrats on your harvest Urban - lovely final portraits too. Wispy or no, those buds are going to keep you and your friends happy and high right through your next grow! It's interesting what you were wondering about nitrogen and the flowering. The Brix crew, and Doc in particular says his research shows, contrary to popular belief, that nitrogen is needed for flower - a lot more so than potassium (Phos v important too). I think he would say that Potassium helps to trigger flower but isn't necessarily what makes bud big & fat. Now - I don;t know in what form that nitro needs to be for flower, and I'm not saying I know any of that for a fact, but according to Doc - and his research has been pretty extensive - the 'don't give nitrogen during flower' is something of an urban myth ;) (punning happily). In the high-brix world, it seems that fish and more minerals (CalPhosMag) are used during flower - which is kind of the same as all through the grow (and there's the practice changing th soil chemistry with a cationic drench - but that's still over my pay grade in term of DIY). I'm gearing up to ask DB about this nitro in flower thing, so will let you know if i get any clearer on it than just "something I've heard" about nitrogen...

Heading over to your new journal

:volcano-smiley:

Nice harvest Urb! Seems we each harvested at about the same time. Your pictures and plants look great.
I love how you hung your plants. I know that sounds weird, but the simplicity of how you tied two or more branches together and hung them over a line is smart.
I have a funny story for you. For my hanging step....So I bought all these alligator clips, like 150 of them. Yes, I way over thought this. So, I take the time to thread my hang line through the handle of each alligator clip. You can imagine how long that took (I did it before chop day thankfully) The clip can slide back and forth on the line, but when weight is applied, stops moving on the line. Great! So I go to hang my plants. I have 2 lines up inside my tent, with like 50 branches hanging. Crash! Both lines come down, I had the bad idea of using the alligator clips to attach the hang line ends to the tent zipper flaps, and they couldn't take the weight. Fell right into my once cleaned tent. SO, I had to knot tie the hang lines from the tent roof poles which is what I should have done to begin with. Took forever to untangle all the %^&$ clips, detach all the bud, reattach, etc. Noob move on my part. My clip disaster is going down in my lessons learned. My next hang, will be just like yours. The 150 alligator clips, well, let's just say I will be set with roach clips for me and all of my friends forever.

Congrats on your harvest Urban - lovely final portraits too. Wispy or no, those buds are going to keep you and your friends happy and high right through your next grow! It's interesting what you were wondering about nitrogen and the flowering. The Brix crew, and Doc in particular says his research shows, contrary to popular belief, that nitrogen is needed for flower - a lot more so than potassium (Phos v important too). I think he would say that Potassium helps to trigger flower but isn't necessarily what makes bud big & fat. Now - I don;t know in what form that nitro needs to be for flower, and I'm not saying I know any of that for a fact, but according to Doc - and his research has been pretty extensive - the 'don't give nitrogen during flower' is something of an urban myth ;) (punning happily). In the high-brix world, it seems that fish and more minerals (CalPhosMag) are used during flower - which is kind of the same as all through the grow (and there's the practice changing th soil chemistry with a cationic drench - but that's still over my pay grade in term of DIY). I'm gearing up to ask DB about this nitro in flower thing, so will let you know if i get any clearer on it than just "something I've heard" about nitrogen...

Heading over to your new journal

:volcano-smiley:
Thank you Amy, I appreciate the support and kind words, I think it should be plenty to keep our needs met. The dude is not greedy. I am definitely interested in figuring out why my buds are getting these elongated tips throughout flowering. The Amnesia is doing it now on a few buds. Amnesia is an RQS and the Green Crack is HSO. Different strains and breeders. Same soil, water, compost tea, and light. Eventually I will figure it out.

I see you're loving the blueberry crosses! That'll be sweet! Nice haul dude!
lol not bad for my first harvested plants anyway. Being from BC, I have heard about the BC Bud strain, as well as the texada timewarp strain from Vancouver Island fame. Blueberry is widely famous. So to get a BC Bud X Blueberry cross for $3/reg seed I was stoked. I bought the gods blue warp because it sounded cool lol. These can grow in cool damp mountainous terrain as well as a scrog. They should be fun to photograph and to smoke as well lol.

Nice harvest Urb! Seems we each harvested at about the same time. Your pictures and plants look great.
I love how you hung your plants. I know that sounds weird, but the simplicity of how you tied two or more branches together and hung them over a line is smart.
I have a funny story for you. For my hanging step....So I bought all these alligator clips, like 150 of them. Yes, I way over thought this. So, I take the time to thread my hang line through the handle of each alligator clip. You can imagine how long that took (I did it before chop day thankfully) The clip can slide back and forth on the line, but when weight is applied, stops moving on the line. Great! So I go to hang my plants. I have 2 lines up inside my tent, with like 50 branches hanging. Crash! Both lines come down, I had the bad idea of using the alligator clips to attach the hang line ends to the tent zipper flaps, and they couldn't take the weight. Fell right into my once cleaned tent. SO, I had to knot tie the hang lines from the tent roof poles which is what I should have done to begin with. Took forever to untangle all the %^&$ clips, detach all the bud, reattach, etc. Noob move on my part. My clip disaster is going down in my lessons learned. My next hang, will be just like yours. The 150 alligator clips, well, let's just say I will be set with roach clips for me and all of my friends forever.
Hey! Yeah I knew we were close and just saw your journal today. Well done! Awesome man, love the preparation, I would use the alligator clips to act as the stem connector, then hang them over the line. Super easy.
But thats half the fun. Learning as we go. Laughing about it. If I wrote half the stuff I fumble about lol. I have dropped a $600 camera lens twice, not to mention the camera, on a tripod twice these last few months. Yikes! But jeez, I wish I had the problem of too many heavy ass buds weighing down the clips lol. Thats one hell of a harvest bud, well done, I was over there earlier. Those are some big colas lol

Here is the Amnesia OG getting plenty of light from the fusion pro and dwarf star. Kinda smells like cat piss in the tent. Its got some nice nugs on it, gonna be frosty ones too, its really a beautiful plant. I am willing to wager it will almost have the same weight, as the two airy green crack plants combined; just because the Amnesia is a bit larger plant, the main colas are larger, and they are more dense. Very sticky. My tabletop studio light arrived today. I should be able to stumble through and get a few shots to capture the frost and colours.

EE23AD11-48EC-409F-836D-059A269974AA.jpeg

This journal is not dead yet! I still feel like I have another batch or two of photos to bust out before I complete the harvest of the Amnesia OG.

Thanks brother, I am pretty stoked, no actual complaints from me lol.

I have a new journal with new seeds. Blue Bud (BC Big Bud x Blueberry) and Gods Blue Warp (God Bud x Blueberry x Timewarp) from Jordan of the Island. So far they are vigorous and growing strong.

Is that your Morty's Photographic Journal of Dubious Rickity Science? If so, I am already there.

Is that your Morty's Photographic Journal of Dubious Rickity Science? If so, I am already there.

Yeah I thought you were there but my brain was high on drugs.

Once I get this Amnesia OG harvested I will be moving the babies into the flower tent to get more of the big light.

I am going to grow the new plants big, much bigger than this first group, should be interesting. They are supposed to get 3-5 feet tall. Only going to top once and that's for a clone. I expect some seriously cool plants lol.

One of the Blue Bud is showing whorled phyllotaxy. Spitting off 3 branches per node. Awesome.

You know I got some Blue Dream from that same company too. I was just looking at your first post. I'll have to look back and see...

EDIT: For some reason I'd thought you were finished with those and here I am going back two pages to see that beautiful Blue Dream. Great pics of her... did I already say that...

stoned again

You know I got some Blue Dream from that same company too. I was just looking at your first post. I'll have to look back and see...

EDIT: For some reason I'd thought you were finished with those and here I am going back two pages to see that beautiful Blue Dream. Great pics of her... did I already say that...

stoned again

Well I have had a 40oz, so a 1litre after currency conversion. Plus enough cannabis to disable a herd of goats. So take that into consideration lol. I am half snapped and super high lol.

I am lucky to have the people here that I do. Quality over quantity, just like my grow. No negative social media, no cable tv, and the only real online activity is with you folks. Makes it easy to maintain my positive outlook. Attitude is everything and it also happens to be the only thing we can control in any given situation. These are for you.

DDB38028-482E-4761-AD85-2AB8175D29F5.jpeg

amnog_IMG_9777.jpg

amnog_IMG_9798.jpg

Surprise!
amnog_seed_IMG_9780.jpg

Did I hear a snap crackle pop...? Better keep an eye on that one! I grabbed a twist tie and wrapped it around the cola with the seed on top, just to be extra safe.

Congrats!!!!!!!!

A few bonus seeds, I love it lol, I may have to create a “tickle trunk” of random seeds from my grows. Do a future Jerry Springer grow. Nobody knows who the father is and fights break out when it comes time to harvest lol.

Everything, besides the Amnesia still in the tent, has been jarred. I have boveda packs in the jars and a few hygrometers in a couple to keep an eye on the moisture content. Now I guess we wait for the fresh grassy smell to give way to the natural funk.

The purple green crack is already well on its way as I can smell that amazing sweet aroma from flower. Can't wait for that to finish curing.

Overall it's a clean batch. Nice colours and despite a thorough wash, covered in trichomes, making me a happy camper.

Not sure how much longer the Amnesia will need. But a few weeks from now I will write up a smoke report for these.

Tried some of the uncured blue dream. Pretty decent. It will improve. Also took a hit or two of the green crack...that stuff is a unique high lol. The real test will be in a few weeks. Once the fresh cut grass fades. Starting to see more amber but mostly on sugar leaves or older buds.

Ok I havent slept yet so...im off lol.

amnog_IMG_9847.jpg

amnog_IMG_9844.jpg

amnog_IMG_9873.jpg

Back
Top Bottom