Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s awesome Dani. Ya I came out of the oro, Medonte area just a bit North of Barrie ont. for 10 years I did gorilla grows with a life long friend.we used to grow this beautiful plant, all purple and covered with trichomes. Doing about 120 lbs per season..if you get down to it I hope you breed a monster bud plant, something that packs the weight on , we don’t need another fluffy fru fru breed like a lot of the seed pushers put out..my personal opinion is that they have taken it to far , and they are just F ‘N the process Just so they can give it a new name, like crap man its sativa or Indica or a mix there of..you can feed a plant food colouring if you want different colours.. shit” its all a sales gimmick, trying to make it sound like wine with hints of this and notes of that and a slight finishing note of pine or pepper, makes me laugh.. so reach back and bring forward some good old genetics would ya
I just moved from Orillia, fek.
Your right down the street.
Too bad I didn't know.
Love the old days. :thumb:
Can't do that shit now though.
Just pot.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I wanted to share some of the background of the Personal Sativa genetics.

Both seeds I used back in that grow were mystery seeds one from Mexico and one from Jamaica.

This is the female Jamaican
1665410686079.jpeg

This is the “Male” I was calling Mexican mystery seed. I have never seen anything like since then.
This was 2 weeks after 12/12 flip, male cluster appear. In the coming weeks that pheno started to put out pistils on the tops but at each node the plant had week formed male clusters. I stressed this plant so much!

1665411281511.jpeg
1665411533647.jpeg
1665411000953.jpeg
1665410978492.jpeg

I had a member give out some info at the time 2013.
Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)
heres some info on the male that turned hermie,

donpaul.p

“a male that turns hermie is called a super male, now im currently running tests on males and turning them hermie to try and produce a super male, ive had 2 males that turned hermie in the past but didnt know anything about super males at the time,

the info i have says that using a super male for breeding will produce potent plants with high thc levels and massive bud growth, how ever the info didnt say if it was left to self pollenate or if the hermie male was used to pollenate another plant or even if another male was used to pollenate the super male,

so ill be running tests with the males i have got from this grow, we dont normally see males turn hermie as we dont grow males often and when we do we just get pollen then kill them so we dont give them chance to go hermie, its not that rare but as we dont grow many males compared to females that many people dont think hermie males are possible,

i cant 100% say for sure its going to work, plus autos are a real pain to cross as you get some crazy results crossing autos unless you cross the same auto strain with each other, crossing 2 auto strains dont mean you get auto seeds, so its a pain in the arse to get it right, crossing an auto with a none auto also means you get no autos with the first cross, you need to cross an auto with a none auto then with them seeds you need to back cross them with the same auto strain and keep doing that until you back at auto seeds, so its a slow process working with autos unless you crossing the same strain.

but its hard to say for sure whats best to do with yours, i wont know anything until i get my males to go hermie, the site i was on a while back is no longer on the net but it did show pics of huge buds and showed test results of potent strains with between 2 and 4x the amount of thc compared without using a super male as a parent,

its just finding out which way to use the super male, do you self pollenate, pollenate a female with pollen from the super male or do you use the pollen from another male to pollenate the super male, so thats at least 3 different ways of crossing it, so until ive got my males to go hermie i cant really say anymore than that, ive got a journal up called super male project but not updated it in a while as i wont have my males sorted until another few weeks then ill start to force them hermie and ill run tests to see which is the best method for using them for breeding.”

I leave out for open discussion since back in the day I was doing these crosses I had no idea, today I have a better understanding of the cannabis plant and well I have tons of seeds from 2014. When people say hermies aren’t good I have a hard time to accept because I had hermies and made some good cultivars using that pollen. Never again I got any hermie or males.
1665412206731.jpeg
You are a scientist/researcher my friend.
We will all benefit from your hard work.
:thanks:

ya Bill284 my property was 8th line and 15/16 side road
Not far from Burls creek and the airport, if memory serves me correctly.
Literally right down the rd from us.
That's a missed opportunity. :rolleyes:
Maby this summer I'll have a big BBQ and invite all the Ontario growers
Be nice to meet everyone.
I'll see.
Hope everything is going well my friend. :ciao:
Take care.

Stay safe

Here is what my last visit looked like;

The clones
Everything has buds and every pheno is doing what they can to flower and survive. Watering them once a week is making them work even harder for the bud. It is what it is when you experiment and try to breed plants, you can’t feel sorry for them, it’s survival of the fittest. This time I watered with the same tea and did foliar in the usual way with Willow JMS, I haven’t seen Pm, bud rot, or mold on any of the clones, also weather conditions have been dry so that has helped a lot.

I took a top section on one of the Durban Poison clones on the ground and I took the clone in the pot home to put it on an additional 3 day no water no light bring in it to a total of 10 days no water before chop, totally drought pheno.

I saw seeds, I’m hoping the drying will take care of that and finish maturing the seeds that are there.

The 2 plants harvested I did not take foliage yet, I leave the plant about a week let it suck dry the fan leaves.

Outdoor buds sativa dominant second view.jpg
Outdoor buds Sativa dominant.jpg
Personal Sativa bud structure outdoor grow.jpg
Personal Sativa buds outdoors organic.jpg
Personal Sativa clone sativa dominant bud structure.jpg
Personal Sativa in pots outdoors water deprivation.jpg
Personal Sativa phenos in pots high stress traninig water deprivation mid flower.jpg
Personal Sativa top bud sativa dominant traits outdoor organic.jpg
Sativa dominant buds laterla growth.jpg
Sativa dominant bud outdoors mid flower.jpg

These phenos are showing some really nice traits.

Follow up on the last post.

This is the top section I harvested, it was looking pretty good.
Durban Poison bud outdoors organic water deprivation.jpg
Durban Poison outdoor bud.jpg

Completly different pheno this one in the pot, water deprivation day 7. She gave it all till the end. What a nice color.
Durban Poison water deprivation 7th day harvest day.jpg
Durban Poison water deprivation .jpg
Durban Poison bud before harvest .jpg

Did some training to these big top bud.
Horizontal bud Personal sativa high stress training front.jpg

Left one Vertical and one Horizontal same pheno, lets see the difference.
Horizontal bud Personal Sativa high stress training.jpg
Horizontal bud Personal Sativa pheno High stress training.jpg
Outdoor buds .jpg

Last but not least the harvest part. Since these pictures the buds are just hanging in dark waiting giving several more days for the seeds to keep going.

Durban Poison clone in pot 10 days water deprivation.
Durban Poison before harvest water deprivation day 10.jpg
Durban Poison before harvest water deprivation day 10 top bud.jpg

Top section of Durban Poison pheno in the ground, what a nice bud. 7 Day water deprivation.
Durban Poison top section harvest water deprivation 7th day pheno in the ground.jpg.jpg
Durban Poison top section harvest water deprivation 7th day pheno in the ground top bud.jpg

Hanging in the dark.
In the dark pre bud wash.jpg

3 days later in the dark.
3 days in the dark pre bud wash and trim.jpg

The examination to the roots was made at 10 days of water deprivation, the roots are completly dry, bone dry. Note on my layer pot the root seem to have avoided the debris, only found a tap root connecting the upper pot to the lower root mass.
Roots on layered pot.jpg
Roots on layered pot bottom.jpg
Roots did not like the layer.jpg

For such a small pot, the root mass isnt that small.
One root connected small layered pot.jpg

That one plant has a nice bud structure,be nice to see what it could do placed in full sun “all day “

Yeah this little one has a tight bud. I glad to see she came thru. Can’t wait to see these seeds in full potential.

Guess the weather is going to cave on the 22nd ,, right into winter weather 5 and 8 c. Brrrrr
Yeah it’s not gonna be sunny all month, next I will taking down some sections on the mothers.

How is your garden looking Jonny? Have you started cutting some down?

Hope is all good in your world.

:passitleft:

Last but not least the harvest part. Since these pictures the buds are just hanging in dark waiting giving several more days for the seeds to keep going.

Durban Poison clone in pot 10 days water deprivation.
Durban Poison before harvest water deprivation day 10.jpg
Durban Poison before harvest water deprivation day 10 top bud.jpg

Top section of Durban Poison pheno in the ground, what a nice bud. 7 Day water deprivation.
Durban Poison top section harvest water deprivation 7th day pheno in the ground.jpg.jpg
Durban Poison top section harvest water deprivation 7th day pheno in the ground top bud.jpg

Hanging in the dark.
In the dark pre bud wash.jpg

3 days later in the dark.
3 days in the dark pre bud wash and trim.jpg

The examination to the roots was made at 10 days of water deprivation, the roots are completly dry, bone dry. Note on my layer pot the root seem to have avoided the debris, only found a tap root connecting the upper pot to the lower root mass.
Roots on layered pot.jpg
Roots on layered pot bottom.jpg
Roots did not like the layer.jpg

For such a small pot, the root mass isnt that small.
One root connected small layered pot.jpg
Congrats on the harvest my friend. :yahoo:
And the colors of your girls wow terrific.
Hope your having a great day my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

Congrats on the harvest my friend. :yahoo:
And the colors of your girls wow terrific.
Hope your having a great day my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

Thanks Bill, hopefully I can keep ‘em coming, I’m thinking tomorrow heading to see the mothers to cut some more.
It’s starting to get really cold.

Harvest days are the best!

The best of the best, I stopped working to go harvest my plants lol

Thanks Bill, hopefully I can keep ‘em coming, I’m thinking tomorrow heading to see the mothers to cut some more.
It’s starting to get really cold.

The best of the best, I stopped working to go harvest my plants lol
I wish I could stop working in 2 weeks instead of end of December. I have winters ' off in the roofing industry.

I take the tunnel home and it's under construction. My 30 min. drive home is now about 40, not terrible.

Just heard that they are closing another lane at end of month and say that it will take 5 times longer to get home for the next 3 fraking years! My house is well situated south of Montreal so I have options. I am still looking at a good hour + to get home. Sure glad my strain is a good one and plentiful.:lot-o-toke:

My plan, my friend Dani, is to slow dry them and gradually trim them everyday and hope to have the non-sugar leaves removed by curing time. I am still trying to figure out the best time to cure, awaiting answers and reading threads.

From all I have learned, this is a crucial moment; curing and bagging them at the proper RH. There is still the "trim jail" ahead before the cure cuz I want those sugar leaves and popcorn for hash. They realease well when frozen.

Which is another fantastic thing I learned; By topping 2 weeks prior, the larfs get more sun and fill out better. Added bonus, it buys time to trim and such.

With alot of experience in operational management, I am pretty good with problem solving and logistics so my plan makes sense to me. Unlike you, you lucky bugger, I can't take week off without faking Covid..:rofl:And then I would have to work like a mad-man upon my return.:rolleyes:

You had some awesome roots there, bro!:thumb: Can't wait to learn more from you and Azi.

Cheers!

I wish I could stop working in 2 weeks instead of end of December. I have winters ' off in the roofing industry.

I take the tunnel home and it's under construction. My 30 min. drive home is now about 40, not terrible.

Just heard that they are closing another lane at end of month and say that it will take 5 times longer to get home for the next 3 fraking years! My house is well situated south of Montreal so I have options. I am still looking at a good hour + to get home. Sure glad my strain is a good one and plentiful.:lot-o-toke:

My plan, my friend Dani, is to slow dry them and gradually trim them everyday and hope to have the non-sugar leaves removed by curing time. I am still trying to figure out the best time to cure, awaiting answers and reading threads.

From all I have learned, this is a crucial moment; curing and bagging them at the proper RH. There is still the "trim jail" ahead before the cure cuz I want those sugar leaves and popcorn for hash. They realease well when frozen.

Which is another fantastic thing I learned; By topping 2 weeks prior, the larfs get more sun and fill out better. Added bonus, it buys time to trim and such.

With alot of experience in operational management, I am pretty good with problem solving and logistics so my plan makes sense to me. Unlike you, you lucky bugger, I can't take week off without faking Covid..:rofl:And then I would have to work like a mad-man upon my return.:rolleyes:

You had some awesome roots there, bro!:thumb: Can't wait to learn more from you and Azi.

Cheers!

Brother Montreal traffic is by far one of the most stressful things that city has. La ville des cônes orange, the city of the orange cones… all’ the freaking time under construction… I sure don’t miss that traffic.

You did great brother and my respects for growing like you did in a city like MTL.

I didn’t take the week off just the days I’m gonna be harvesting. LoL I gotta pay some bills.
The seasonal work is slowing down and we are back to island time, so I can plan a couple days off.

Happy harvesting brother I hope we get lots a great bud!

Not much going on at the house, processed the buds I got last week. Got the fans off once they had been sucked dry of whatever nutrients still in there. The few seeds I saw need some more time so the buds are going back to the hanger in the closet for another week. Once I get the stem dry enough I start cutting and manicuring the buds.

On the bud wash I did Peroxide, Bicarb, Lime juice, fresh water >>>> 50ml, 1 tablespoon, 1 tablespoon, 5 ltrs.

Have not found evidence of Mold or Bud rot. Something I find unusal but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the Foliar methods used all thru the grow.

After a week in the dark.jpg
After a week in the dark 2.jpg

Fan leaves off and bud wash.jpg
Removal of fan leaves and bud wash.jpg

Good weed takes time.
Long way to be smokable. Gotta wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom