Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dani if you want to go super soil or a variation of,,look for the David Bowman,AKA Subcool . He was the first to come out with it and coined the name SS .worth the read
@StoneOtter uses The Rev's soil recipe. Same idea I think. And then there's the simpler Coots Mix. Lots of organic recipe out there.

Absolutely. I didn’t use the bat poop,to expensive for what it really is,
I just use my own worm castings. At the elemental level I can't believe there is much difference in K or P whether it's from bats or worms. More to do with the inputs, i.e. whatever it is they're eating. So, by providing a variety of fruits, vegetables and plant matter to my worms I figure I must be getting most of what would be in the bat guano, but mine doesn't have to be shipped half-way around the world to reach me.

Good job,I was thinking about getting some worms..read a dozen articles and ya it sounds like you can control the outputs of nutrients by what you feed them.like N from more vegetables and P and k from the fruits..It’s pretty cool when as a grower you can do a little of your own science. A pinch of this or an extra scoop of that.makes good things happen

I know there are growers that have different worm bins for different outputs but I don't think that's needed in an organic grow with microbes. I provide a broad buffet and the plants can tell the microbes what they want, when. Not like a salt based grow where the grower controls what the plants get.

And, whatever they don't use gets recycled into future grows in the Great Circle of Life.

Hey Dani if you want to go super soil or a variation of,,look for the David Bowman,AKA Subcool . He was the first to come out with it and coined the name SS .worth the read
Thanks Jonny I’m keen to check it all out, I’m all about organic farming, living soil and microbes. Best medicine is grown naturally,

Hope you are having a great thanksgiving weekend.

:passitleft:

@StoneOtter uses The Rev's soil recipe. Same idea I think. And then there's the simpler Coots Mix. Lots of organic recipe out there.
The longer I look at Coots Mix the more I think It's complex. He feeds his worms a complex mix to get special output from them so he can use very little amendments. It's either the fancy worm output or amendments if you look at it at build a soil. I sure would like to have the luxury of using his feeding the worms method! Alas my winters say no.

The longer I look at Coots Mix the more I think It's complex. He feeds his worms a complex mix to get special output from them so he can use very little amendments. It's either the fancy worm output or amendments if you look at it at build a soil. I sure would like to have the luxury of using his feeding the worms method! Alas my winters say no.
True dat, Stone. The nutrients have to be there for the plant to use them. He essentially runs them all through the worms first, but whether you do that or add them to the soil for the microbes to break down later, they have to be there.

There's something magic about the transformation of inputs after going through the worms gut with all the special microbes in there and they come out covered in calcium carbonate slime, another thing that the plants love.

I'm starting to use that process myself, adding all the mineral amendments but also my comfrey, nettle, flowers, fruits, bug mix, etc. to the worm bin. Takes about 6 months to process so you certainly have to think ahead. I have a series of three stacked bins in the basement so mine go all year round.

Good stuff.

True dat, Stone. The nutrients have to be there for the plant to use them. He essentially runs them all through the worms first, but whether you do that or add them to the soil for the microbes to break down later, they have to be there.

There's something magic about the transformation of inputs after going through the worms gut with all the special microbes in there and they come out covered in calcium carbonate slime, another thing that the plants love.

I'm starting to use that process myself, adding all the mineral amendments but also my comfrey, nettle, flowers, fruits, bug mix, etc. to the worm bin. Takes about 6 months to process so you certainly have to think ahead. I have a series of three stacked bins in the basement so mine go all year round.

Good stuff.
I'm jealous! :green_heart: :hookah:

Man you have peaked my interest, sounds like a great direction to go.I have a couple of worms in and around my plants but ya “ and having a totally living soil is the only way to get the job done, like you said the plant knows and will take what it needs when it needs,you can’t force feed them

Say I’m thinking of trying that split the stalk thing..I have growen a lot of dope but never tried it. I can tell that there’s a couple or four grows here,anyone ever done this???
I haven't. For stressing the plant to increase cannabinoid levels at the end of the grow, a bunch of us are doing Draughting stress.

Say I’m thinking of trying that split the stalk thing
I put a screw thru my pathetic little auto about a week before harvest - can't really say if it did anything but I'm pretty inexperienced so...
1665352192551.png

I have 8 worm bins on the go - I bought a bag of alfalfa pellets to supplement their diet and they get a lot of seaweed, leaves and grass. (and kitchen scrap) The trommel sifter I built makes the casting a real joy to work with!!

I've been looking closely at that in the Sipety thread - do you need liquid fertz for that or would my organic soil and Gaia Green work??
Everything works. Bring your current grow mix and nutes. Those of us growing with organics are still working out those details as the standard advice is to only water through the fill tube. But Emilya is currently using them with Geoflora top dressed nutes and a slight top watering every two weeks and her plants are, not surprisingly, killer.

I'm not familiar with Gaia Green but I'm sure we could figure it out if it's not already straightforward.

The drought is a given, I kind of assume splitting the stalks is similar

Do them both 😆

I have inflicted so much stress this season I won’t be doing much at the end. I have them on a one week watering diet since they moved in to pots, it’s kinda my own way to drought them, first time doing it. I had them on the ground, Long story short around August I had to dig them out and pot them and move them, they have been constantly stressed (talking about my plants).

I believe in stressing them to really bring their geno and pheno types to show. From a breeding point of view stress is what you need to create unique phenotype resistant to pests, disease and even drought. But from my experience stress at the end I guess I makes them produce more resine, and stress can be any form.

These are some of the ways to stress a plant,
1665355596236.jpeg

Abiotic stress is non related to there environment, I would put US the grower as a abiotic stressor so splitting the stem should work to create some stress and a ROS response will happen which translates in to defence response is activated in the plant, now I’m not sure if mechanical stress or abiotic stress in any form would be directly related to higher THC production, or increase of trichomes glands or higher terpenes profile… it’s hard to say what exactly is the effect of splitting the stem at the end of the grow.

It’s worth a try! And why not many screws, why just do one? More stress = more results

Great to have such creative minds doing so many experiments. Let us know how it goes if you decide to split the stem.

:passitleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom