Testing 1-2-3-4, Testing

You may be unhappy with your experiment, but you must be happy with those plants. Even the 'ugly' ones are putting out nice buds.

You may be unhappy with your experiment, but you must be happy with those plants. Even the 'ugly' ones are putting out nice buds.
Yes Indeed ! Harvest time always makes me smile. From the looks of things I'd say the majority of them will be around 6 oz. ea. But there are a few I think I might get more from. I'm actually thinking the 5 gal. bucket plant will be about 10 oz. or more. She's probably the biggest plant I've grown other then a reveg I did a few years back. That thing took up the whole 4x4 tent.
The results of the Comparisons is what bums me out. I hate to fail.... lol. Don't we all ? But it has given me some insight on what I should have done differently. Call it a learning experience I guess.
I'm so thrilled with the 5 gal. bucket plant I just want to get all 3 of my grows over so I can do 3 plants that way to see if they all come out like that. If they do.... I'm buying more buckets !
Thank You @Krissi1982 for pointing me to these buckets. Lovin' it so far.

The only fair comparison left is the Cloth Grow Bag & the 5 Gal. Self watering Pot that both got fed the same MC the whole time.
It's already obvious the Self Watering Pot won that comparison. She's a Monster (for me at least).
Is the self-watering pot constantly pulling water from the tray at the bottom? Does that keep the soil in an evenly moist condition rather than getting drier between waterings like we usually do?

Is the self-watering pot constantly pulling water from the tray at the bottom? Does that keep the soil in an evenly moist condition rather than getting drier between waterings like we usually do?
I'm not sure how dry it gets at the bottom. This thing drinks 1.5 gallons per day. So the bottom does get empty of nutes for a while each day. The soil has stayed slightly moist at the top for most of the grow. I think I top watered 3 times in the beginning to get things started. Really wont be able to tell how moist the soil actually is till I harvest. I never bought any type of moisture meter as I doubt they're very accurate.

I thought my 6" fan went out in the tent. I guess I bumped the plug & it wasn't plugged in all the way. It works. But I did win an ebay auction for a New HydroFarm Active Air 6" Fan for $49.99 so I'll put that one in my shed.

Hi Buds!

Been missing out on journals, especially this one! I was behind then tried to get caught up and got hit with more exterior crap and then covid ao I apologize for my absence.

I am THRILLED though that you're loving the pots, I knew you would!

I've made promises to catch up everywhere and I'm getting there, please don't take it personally that I haven't been on my tags!

What pot is that self watering bucket?
Hi Timmy,

I use these, I swear by them!

16377694059516946985595642598455.jpg

What pot is that self watering bucket?
I Started in a 1.5 qt. self watering pot & then up-potted to a 2 gal. S.W. Pot like the one in Krissi's pic. But my final up-pot is to a 5 gal. Bucket. There are Grow Bucket Kits (3 pack) on Zon that you put inside your 5 gal. buckets to make them bottom feeding Self Watering Pots. I think they were $45 for a set of 3. I'm truly amazed at the results. Next grow I'll be doing 3 of them to see if it was luck or if they work like this all the time. The strain is "Aurora Indica". All the plants in this journal are clones from the same mother.

I noticed something yesterday. In the Self Watering Buckets.... I fill them up & an hour or two later the measurement stick is already 1/2 way down to empty again. By time 12 hours is up it's totally empty. I don't refill till the next day; so I guess the soil gets a little drying time. I just filled it this morning & it's 1/2 way empty already. This thing is drinking 1.5 gallons per day & it would probably drink more if I fed it to her.

As you all know, the comparison part didn't work out well & is over. It's just a plain old grow now. That being said, I'm currently just feeding them 2 ml. Cal-Mag & 5.5 gr. MC per gal. The S.W. Pots seem to be doing better than the Fabric Pot Plants (So Far). Anyways, these pics are from the 30th. Been trying to find time to update but a lot has been going on that's time consuming.
15-356   6-30-22.JPG
15-357   6-30-22.JPG
15-358   6-30-22.JPG
15-359   6-30-22.JPG
15-360   6-30-22.JPG

NEXT
15-361   6-30-22.JPG
15-362   6-30-22.JPG
15-363   6-30-22.JPG
15-364   6-30-22.JPG
15-365   6-30-22.JPG

Now here's the "Golden Girl". I'm really excited about this girl. She looks good enough to take to dinner.... So I can get the munchies before I eat.... lol. She was moved in the tent about a week ago; when I harvested my OG Kush. I have to get her tied up real soon before the branches get too much weight. Maybe today, as I'm putting the Exhaust Fan install in my shed off till next week. RH & Temps have been decent in there for the past 7-10 days. Besides, a lot of plants will be moved around next week. You'll see why soon.
15-374   6-30-22.JPG
15-375   6-30-22.JPG
15-376   6-30-22.JPG

Comparison Plant in the back. White Widow in the front. W.W. has about 7-10 days left.
15-377   6-30-22.JPG

Other 2 Comparison Plants.
15-377   6-30-22.JPG
15-378   6-30-22.JPG

OK, I think I may be in trouble come next week. Here's why....
15-379   7-4-22.jpg
15-380   7-4-22.jpg
15-381   7-4-22.jpg
15-382   7-4-22.jpg
15-383   7-4-22.jpg
15-384   7-4-22.jpg
15-385   7-4-22.jpg

How long do you guys think ? I'm guessing at about a week. This is a bud off the M.C. Only plant. If all 3 of the Fabric Pot Plants finish at the same time & the White Widow.... Ugh ! That's a lot of harvesting in one weekend.

I'm running the SoHum / FFOF the same way Emilya does. I will be adding Re-Charge once a week though since I'm using Tap water. I chose the smallest of the 3 clones for the SoHum because I have a feeling it will outgrow the other 2 pretty quickly. Just a feeling though. They are less then 3 weeks old & close to 12" tall already. Wont be that way once I top on Friday.
let your tap water sit out for 24hr - then is de-natured water (look at Myco-Chum - just like re-charge but it's liquid also has molasses in it) FYI 3 weeks old and 12 inches -great work!!!

let your tap water sit out for 24hr - then is de-natured water (look at Myco-Chum - just like re-charge but it's liquid also has molasses in it) FYI 3 weeks old and 12 inches -great work!!!
Yeah, I keep about 15-20 gallons out at all times.... just in case. Sometimes it sits as long as 3 days, but usually gets used within 48 hours. I'm in the process of getting things together to make Subcools Super Soil. It will be a while till it's ready. I'll check out the Myco-Chum when I use that soil. I'll just be using MC on my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom